Hey everyone, this is the first time I've really needed technical support from this forum and I'd really appreciate any advice as I have a big race meeting coming up on the weekend! The standard original cluth on my 02 426 was starting to slip, so I took the advice of a friend and added one extra steel plate to the clutch assembly to bulk up the mass of the clutch to prevent it slipping. This lasted for about 2 meetings but my clutch was slipping again. I have since purchased the 9 genuine Yamaha clutch fibres. To those that know, 8 are the same and 1 has a slightly larger diameter hole. This plate goes on first and the larger hole allows two small steel rings to fit inside which acts as a spring. Anyway, I built the clutch back up with the 9 genuine fibres and the 8 original steel clutch plates. (The extra steel plate I bought I left out, as I only bought this to bulk up the original slipping clutch) The steel plates look ok to me, they are a little discoloured and only one of them has a slight score mark on one side. However, after firing the bike up, the clutch now seems to be dragging. When I put the bike into 1st gear it very slightly starts to creep forward and is very difficult to select back to neutral. Infact in order to get any clutch action, I had to adjust the cable to its maximum tightness and adjust the on-the-fly lever adjuster alot. Can someone please offer advice as I am now pulling my hair out, I've had the clutch in and out about 5 times now!