Single throttle cable question

If I want to try the motion pro cr throttle obviously I'll have to ditch the return cable.. is it as straight forward as unhooking the return cable from the carb and taking it out of the old throttle housing... then putting the single cable in the new housing? Anything else to it?

I am currently running one cable and have found the cable wants to move towards the other side of the handlebar bracket a little and messes with the feel. 

With two they have the plastic flat ends that press against each other and hold everything in place. Now with just the pull cable right where it leaves the housing it tends to move a bit, doesn't feel as crisp.

I've been meaning to cut the plastic piece off the old return cable I removed and using it in the handlebar bracket to hold the pull cable in place better. Otherwise I like just having one. 

Edited by Atolduso

15 hours ago, Erik Marquez said:

Most will want to plug the left over cable hole in the housing to prevent dirt and water from getting in .

Other than that, nothing else is really needed

Do you wear a robe and hat.. because you're a wizard ?.. someone said to plug the hole with the spare and i had no idea why. You answered my question.. and I didn't even ask it really ?

1 hour ago, Phil L said:

Do you wear a robe and hat.. because you're a wizard ?.. someone said to plug the hole with the spare and i had no idea why. You answered my question.. and I didn't even ask it really ?

You can cut the ferrule off the end of the old cable housing and leave it in place.... but I just use a bit of black RTV