BWard

DR 350 No compression

This is my first 4 strike and I need some help. I bought a 92 DR 350. I started it prior to buying it and it had a leak from the valve cover. I took the valve cover off and resealed with liquid gasket. Followed all the rules for letting cure. I didn’t mess with the valves or any internals. I put it back together and when I went to kick it over there was no compression. It feels like the decompression lever is engaged but it’s not. Also weird is that there is a port on the right side of the carb and every time i kick air shoots out of that port. Any thoughts what is going on?

First thing I'd do is get a service manual. Then get the right valve cover gaskets, o rings iirc, and adjust the valves to spec. If still no good make sure the cam is timed right and didn't jump a tooth. As for the carb, the manual should tell you what the port does. It's either fuel inlet or vent, either way air shouldn't blow out of it.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:12 AM, nobade said:

First thing I'd do is get a service manual. Then get the right valve cover gaskets, o rings iirc, and adjust the valves to spec. If still no good make sure the cam is timed right and didn't jump a tooth. As for the carb, the manual should tell you what the port does. It's either fuel inlet or vent, either way air shouldn't blow out of it.

Go to ThisOldTractor.com for a service manual.