Dirt Trick Sprockets

I've decided to pull the trigger on a set of Dirt Trick sprockets for my 02 CR250. What chain would you guys recommend? I'm an old guy, only race a couple times a year mostly riding abandon 2 track roads and a couple trails in Northern WI. 

For that premium sprocket, I would go with the DID 520 VT "T" RING chain.

Narrower and lighter than an O ring.  Lasts a very long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VT2__07598.1388382795.jpg?c=2&imbypass=o

Product Description

DID VT2 Narrow Racing Chain

Narrow sealed chain with newly developed T-ring

Narrow width of T-ring allows chain to be used originally equipped with non-O-ging Chain.

Comes with connecting link

Great for the RD's and RZ's

520x120 links only,  Cut down as needed.

• Like 2

+1 on the high end DID chain.  Basically any of those heavy weight, high quality DID chains pair up nicely with that sprocket.  I don’t think the common rider will notice the difference in a “X” ring, “O” ring, or a “T” ring. Just make sure not to buy one of the cheap, light weight ones.

• Like 2

As most of you may already know, The CR250 came stock w/ a non o-ring chain.

If you go w/  an 0 or an X ring chain, it's wider, so  it may rub against the side of the case. If this is the case, there's a thin spacer from honda that can be added behind the CS sprocket to space the chain out more to prevent this

OR,

go with the narrower "T" chain posted above, and that will prevent any rubbing against the side case. This VT chain is unique in that it's narrower at the rollers and the "T" shaped rings are also narrower in cross section, so the whole chain is narrower than the O or X ring. And as a benefit of the VT being narrower.... it's lighter too.

Edited by jeddclampette
  • Like 1

I'm starting to question my sprocket decision. I didn't realize I would be spending upwards of $250.00 for something I will probably replace every year.

5 hours ago, Dietdewboy said:

I'm starting to question my sprocket decision. I didn't realize I would be spending upwards of $250.00 for something I will probably replace every year.

So the good news is that sprocket has as good of a life as any, it holds up very well.

The bad news is I did the math on this once and realized I was paying a higher $/hr vs. the Sunstar steel sprocket.  So I made the switch.