Rich?...lean?

I’m new to two strokes and I’m a decent hare scramble racer and I don’t want to jet because I race all over the east coast....I’m running 32/1 KLOTZ with 20% castor....is it jetting and if not do I need to go leaner on the oil to fuel mix which I’m scared to do IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

7 hours ago, 468rider said:

I’m new to two strokes and I’m a decent hare scramble racer and I don’t want to jet because I race all over the east coast

If your going to ride smokers you need to learn how to adjust your jetting...unless you have a new KTM with EFI...and it seems like voodo but once you figure it out it’s easy

This article explains it pretty well >>>>  https://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/KeihinCarbJetting.pdf 

And this chart has been around forever

BC01D898-80BE-4EAB-A7F5-B0DDBEC0C2B7.jpeg.833cb6bc4e7ca92844b2660ecb30d32c.jpeg

Once you get it sorted out you’ll realize the needle is the one you’ll be F’n with most often and you’ll get that Honda running right

Edited by MotorBoatin

1 hour ago, Tahoe Gator said:

Curious that the article makes no mention of the Power Jet

I think that is an OLD article and not all carbs have a power jet. Besides all a power jet does is allow you to run a one size smaller main

Here is a modern take on jetting 

Edited by MotorBoatin

In case u r unaware: using less oil in ur gas will make the jetting richer. 

I am very new to the 2 smoke game and trying to learn as I go but I really appreciate it ig always rode four strokes and I didn’t have the power when I absolutely wanted it such as field sections and the quicker tracks as well as the wheight of a 4t to a 2t is a world different

5 minutes ago, 468rider said:

No clue I’ve only rode it once and that was at a race last weekend just bought it

Then it is impossible to tell you what changes to try. Have you done a compression test? Repacked the silencer? Serviced the power valve? Leak down test? All of this has to be known before you can make jetting changes or solve a problem.

• Like 1

That plug looks like you are at least two, maybe three sizes too big on the main jet.  Premix ratio has nothing to do with it, that thing isn't burning near hot enough.

If the plug looks white you are too lean.  You are shooting for an orange/tan colored insulator.

20180916_145820.jpg

Edited by turbo dan

That plug looks like you are at least two, maybe three sizes too big on the main jet.  Premix ratio has nothing to do with it, that thing isn't burning near hot enough.
If the plug looks white you are too lean.  You are shooting for an orange/tan colored insulator.
20180916_145820.thumb.jpg.f785b0ef1890354a5fe20ad554b816eb.jpg

Thank you will look into it I just broke my tibia at the race yesterday so I’ll have plenty of time to mess with it

Wasting your time jetting with a spark plug,if you have a new plug and do a plug chop the insulator is still going to be white,meaning you have the correct heat range on plug it does not mean it is lean. It also takes time to get color on a new plug on the nose of the insulator but at the base different story.  Just go by feel trial and error.