DR 350se Idle issues

my 94 350 is having a hell of a time idling and running.

if I start it, the only way it'll idle is if it's at half-choke. If it's on full choke, it revs really high

at any choke after it warms up, it bogs down immediately, even just breathing on the throttle seemingly 🙄

only indications I have thus far is my F/A mix is backed out 2 1/4 turns, my main is 127.5, pilot is 37.5, the spark plug is a white color (lean), i added an inline fuel filter about a month ago after some gritty shit in the gas tank dumped into the carb (so much for the internal screen), and I haven't touched the needle. Can't remember if I messed with the idle screw or not.

reading around, other people seem to be pointing to 140 for their main jet, even though OEM specifies what I have.

bike ran ok, but it ran good when I was in 8000ft elevation about a month ago, drop down elevation (1,000ft) and now she can barely yank crank.

Thoughts to fix this?

On 9/20/2018 at 8:05 PM, plugeye said:

sure, there are dozens of threads about this. read.

Can you please post links? I feel like I've tried everything now that I've read, and it still isn't working. Maybe I'm missing a couple threads you've seen

Sounds like you're running really lean. Does backing the fuel screw make it run better?

Check your airbox cover and if its got a gaping hole tape it over to leave about a 2" square hole.  That will work with standard jetting - before modding a bike always make sure it runs properly as stock.

But I suspect you have a blocked pilot jet anyway, classic symptoms - carb off time I'm afraid.