Ktm

My dad rode my 2018 150 xcw and is wanting to get a ktm 2 stroke as he loved the feel, would he be better of getting the '19 150 xcw, the '19 250 xc or the '19 250 xc tpi? we do a lot of trail rides and are only average level riders. We would rather not buy a tpi model as it can get complicated with engine mapping etc so the main thing I would like to know is how different of a feel is the 250 xc vs the 150 xcw?

thanks

Owning a 2018 250xc and having ridden the 2019 150xcw, there is a very drastic difference in power delivery. The 250xc has power everywhere. You just let out the clutch and go. It has enough torque to crawl up anything in second gear. Very useable power.
Im sure you know that the 150 has a little more bottom end than the usual 125’s, but its nothing to write home about; you still have to keep it in higher rpm’s to make it move.
So does your old man want something that can be relaxing to ride and when he wants to get on the pipe, or does he want something that is a top-end only motor that has to be pinned to get anywhere?

Thanks, he would prefer the power delivery of the 250 if that's the case, another thing is how different is the gearing on the 250? would you be changing a lot like the 150 or can you relax a bit more? after some further research, the carb version seems more orientated towards the sx version, so the tpi might be the way to go. I do all the maintenance on the bikes myself so it there a way to get the diagnostics computer needed or would it be possible to just service it like you would a carb version?

Edited by Max Meredith
added more info