Official MX Des Nation, who’s going thread.

Every report I've read has said laroccos leap is intact for the mxdn.....would be super lame if they took it out for the euros......lets hope it's. Not a mudder.......it would really blow if the weather/conditions made the leap not jump able.......I wanna see the euros. Do a poopie in their pants when they see the leap and realize they gotta hit it.....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Havingfun said:

I'd wait as long as you can before you cancel (dono if you can back out).  The weather men here cannot predict the weather more then a 1-2 days out.  The lake screws with them.  :cheers:

I agree, but it seems W mich has been getting it the worst thus far. However, as you said...they will say .5" of rain up til 1hr before its supposed to start, then its oops nope...not raining til 4pm now, .03". They're clueless.

Right now intellicast says .33 thurs, .69 fri, .22 sat. So, for the late week chance to change enough gonna take some mother nature love hahaha

I would think they'd be prepping for the worst and grading the track to drain wherever possible, sealing it up as much as they can with a smooth drum and trying to sheet the rain off the track itself. Wonder if they ever consider lime for drying in these situations?

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigDaddy22 said:

I'm flying in from the east coast on Friday AM and have friends flying in from NC & Fla. some staying in Mishawaka IN and some in South Bend IN. 

Know of any good restaurants/bars in that area to hang out at on Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights?

Thanks!

not sure..  you might want to check this out, post picts..

https://www.facebook.com/ggbsb/?hc_ref=ARTGi8z9Uy89ki1AS-kJFnSNJ9Q5WqzkuOPnb_ol7lCXwocJ5AiPkoNuY0KxovZjcr4&__xts__[0]=68.ARA2S80ck1ZlHnEb4kdQduL6B9HMR1iOguNgs_mL1YhkPuEyEXt0-oEcxtXvOkWDFuJ5PXpqosZw0Mjl5l5HfzdAq_rOcKoYyPDXj13JGom_d9_PbysDPto52KCcfbi1H_-w5Nc-it9ISrSSH-GdKSx4LtMlFXQABQuat9BxHNzr73WWts9F2w&__tn__=kC-R

10 hours ago, mog said:

The track owner stated the leap is in , so much b's about one jump every 450 rider clears

Check yourself b4 you wreck yourself mr. Mog......thats the biggest jump in mx you're flapping your gums about......have some respect.....your euro guys will after they see it....especially the ones who have to change their bloomers after coming up a wee bit short......:jawdrop:

3 hours ago, mog said:

250s do it ,no 250 has done the quad at lommel as far as I know

Sand it harder to jump than mud which is much easier

I hate to burst your bubble but I seen a lot of jump a bunch bigger than the one in your video. That's a SMALL jump. I suspect it isn't the size of the jump but rather the run that they get at it. I agree with you that making a big deal out of one jump on the track that every 450 jumps routinely is nonsense from a riders perspective but the jump is there to put on a show for the spectators. What no one is talking about is how the first turn is set up. On the GP tracks the inside line is always the shorter line and the preferred one. On AMA tracks the shorter line in much closer to the middle and the inside line usually winds up a slower line due to getting pinched off. This is the major reason that Herlings and a few others are always at the front at the very start. It looks like the change in the Red Bud starting lane will follow GP set up. This may very well mean that if Tomac and Herlings finish in the top 3 in qualifying there's a good chance that they'll be battling it out right from the start. I could get real interesting.

• Helpful 1

Hate to burst your bubble but on the ama and fim racing this is the biggest jump as only very few 450 can do it , I've seen bubba do lorroco leap on a 125 and he's not the only one lol

Loroccos leap done by amateurs on non ama events ,can't exactly be hard can it ? In fact it must be fairly easy , your making a huge deal of something that people who don't even get paid can do

This is a full pro event, huge run up ,huge speed ,almost no 450 pros have the balls to it , it's a scary jump for pros , your little leap is done by almost anyone on a 450 lol

8 hours ago, mog said:

Hate to burst your bubble but on the ama and fim racing this is the biggest jump as only very few 450 can do it , I've seen bubba do lorroco leap on a 125 and he's not the only one lol

Loroccos leap done by amateurs on non ama events ,can't exactly be hard can it ? In fact it must be fairly easy , your making a huge deal of something that people who don't even get paid can do

This is a full pro event, huge run up ,huge speed ,almost no 450 pros have the balls to it , it's a scary jump for pros , your little leap is done by almost anyone on a 450 lol

the leap has changed much sense then...  you are lucky to see 250s do it next week and maybe many 450s..  send some of the stuff this way your enjoying.