I have a 1999 xr200r. I used to ride it like a champ than i stored it for a year getting it out once in a while to run. Than i took it out a couple days ago started it and it ran and died instantly. I cleaned out the carb put everything back together and still sane thing. You have to feather the throttle to keep it running. It also made a loud pop and it jerks you when you ride it. I changed the spark plug, cleaned the carb, and put new gas in the tank. Any ideas? Wanted to ride it this weekend...

All still sounds like a fuel issue.

How thoroughly did you clean the carb? Maybe you missed something and there's still crud in one of the jets somewhere. 

Did you adjust it back to where it needs to be? Make sure the float is set where it needs to be and that the float needle isn't sticking. 

Is it popping when you let off the throttle, like backfiring? If so then it's running too rich. Is it popping while you're on the throttle? If so then probably crap in the carb somewhere. 

Have you checked the plug? Probably not what's wrong, but might as well check it. 

The jerking is probably a cause of it running poorly. But have you checked the drive chain tension?

54 minutes ago, Daniel627 said:

All still sounds like a fuel issue.

How thoroughly did you clean the carb? Maybe you missed something and there's still crud in one of the jets somewhere. 

Did you adjust it back to where it needs to be? Make sure the float is set where it needs to be and that the float needle isn't sticking. 

Is it popping when you let off the throttle, like backfiring? If so then it's running too rich. Is it popping while you're on the throttle? If so then probably crap in the carb somewhere. 

Have you checked the plug? Probably not what's wrong, but might as well check it. 

The jerking is probably a cause of it running poorly. But have you checked the drive chain tension?

I soaked the carb took out the smaller jets and left the main, blew everything out after a couple hours of soaking. Cleaned out the gas tank and put 93 in there... and i believe i put the jets back right

Check this thread. Had kind of the same issue, well a crab issue that is. Jets can look clean, but not be.