Best MX guard for 14-17 YZ450F

Anyone have good luck finding a low profile one? The sideways mount holes are probably ruining these chances..

Had the Acerbis full plate for 2 days, but I slacked on fixing the WP guard hole, and Just put the main support on, and it must have fallen off while riding. Did an extra lap and couldn't find it. Bummer for $60

My cycra has held quite well, I used double sided tape to hold the mounting bracket to the frame for ease of removal/installation 

But it's not really low profile,  for that I'd go aluminum 

Edited by wetneck

I went for the Works Connection skidplate on my 2017, no complaints. This is how it looked when it was brand new:

YZ.jpg.8d04137f93a23a78cd82264c6530a1c9.jpg

I ended up filing it down a bit on the sides, where the plate gets slimmer to fit inside the frame, as it was touching the welds.

Side note, they now have a "Titan" series, it's made of some sort of plastic and it's more protective. See here.

AXP everyone this is the answer, I used to be a enduro engineering , scorpion racing , devol engineering fan when it came to skid plates and believe me I wanted aluminum cause I’m a welder and I can fix aluminum if it get messed up but wow these new high density composite plastics are light , strong & stylish and now I’m sold on this one brand ( AXP ) they have the best plastic quality & protection. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DTM Industries
Adding pictures