Roll Call for Boyesen Buddy Boogie Speed Festival - Birdsboro, PA

Seems like it would be fun.  First i have heard about it so it would seem it has not been advertised very much, and none of my riding buddies mentioned it either so IDK? 

Tons of people ride in PA but that might also be the problem, there are 3 different hare scramble series that operate in my area alone and i think at least 2 of them have races this weekend.  

Birdsboro isn't that far but also not that close to Western PA, so lots of those riders might not make the trek and choose to ride local instead anyway.  

Hopefully the nice weather they are calling for this week holds up, need it to dry things up a bit here, it's a mess everywhere.  Like most places in the East we have been getting tons of rain and little sun.   Nice weather or not, that places is probably gonna be a mess after the 1st day

• Helpful 1

I just glanced at some of the race schedules and i forgot that the AWRCS race this weekend is a reschedule so no race in that series was set for this weekend originally.   

Either way there should be a decent turnout between drawing from NJ, NY, PA and MD. 

Once word spreads about the event it should get better and better and people will put it on their calendars or at least be on the radar.  Again, first i have heard about this and i am 3hrs West of the location.  

1 hour ago, subxero said:

I just glanced at some of the race schedules and i forgot that the AWRCS race this weekend is a reschedule so no race in that series was set for this weekend originally.   

Either way there should be a decent turnout between drawing from NJ, NY, PA and MD. 

Once word spreads about the event it should get better and better and people will put it on their calendars or at least be on the radar.  Again, first i have heard about this and i am 3hrs West of the location.  

Thx again! If you wouldn't mind sharing with friends, I'd appreciate it. That's how the fire starts! ;)

• Like 1

We will be at the AWRCS race, the last race in that series is usually mid October and is double points so is almost a must do.  Between AWRCS and GNCC, there is a race almost every weekend in September and October drawing from the west PA guys.

• Helpful 1

I believe the AWRCS race is a make up race that they canceled a couple weeks ago.   Their Last race is typically mid Oct.  at Rock Run and is the double points.

I think the WYNOA hare scramble series might have a race this weekend as well

But yeah, either way, Late Sept. Oct. tends to be pretty busy with events.  

• Helpful 1

Pagoda is one of my regular tracks I visit being only an hour away.  Plan on being their Sunday.  Great dirt, always tweaking the track for the riders, fun track with double options for us slower Vet riders ☺️, good dirt and  good prep.

• Like 2

Placed was packed Sunday, word on the street it was packed Saturday too.  Could be a combination that in was in junction with the D6 HENRIETTA MX CLASSIC SERIES which is getting really good turnout at the couple that I attented.  Great day Sunday.  Turnout link for Saturday but it doesn't look like it includes the XC timed events:

http://live.tracksideresults.com/pagoda/class.asp?c=all&e=149

Track was prime.  Only one complaint heard was the double option on the big uphill triple coming back towards the spectators, take off was steep and the landing was harsh because landing was still at an uphill angle.

I dropped the air in my forks, softened C/R and took a stab a the XC course.  Challenging and tight, some knarly sections, made it through with no falls surprisingly.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2018 at 12:46 PM, revitup said:

Placed was packed Sunday, word on the street it was packed Saturday too.  Could be a combination that in was in junction with the D6 HENRIETTA MX CLASSIC SERIES which is getting really good turnout at the couple that I attented.  Great day Sunday.  Turnout link for Saturday but it doesn't look like it includes the XC timed events:

http://live.tracksideresults.com/pagoda/class.asp?c=all&e=149

Track was prime.  Only one complaint heard was the double option on the big uphill triple coming back towards the spectators, take off was steep and the landing was harsh because landing was still at an uphill angle.

I dropped the air in my forks, softened C/R and took a stab a the XC course.  Challenging and tight, some knarly sections, made it through with no falls surprisingly.

Thx for the report and feedback. Sounds like you had a great time!:thumbsup: