dutchess county

Hello everyone, getting back into riding after long time. KTM 150. Looking for places to ride in Dutchess or surrounding areas. I heard Thomaston Dam in conn. supposed to be good and just wanted to find out if anything closer.

Go to the Army Corps of Engineers website for info. 

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Thomaston-Dam/

'Thomaston Dam has designated trails for two wheeled trail bikes and they are open late May to mid-Sept.  Trails are weather conditional. Plan your trip by calling 860-283-5540, or by checking our Facebook page. Three and four wheel vehicles are not permitted. A cooperative agreement for trail management has been in place since 1979 with the Pathfinders Motorcycle Club. State registration is required and safety equipment is encouraged. Two small lots are available for parking at the end of the Dam. Please be considerate of others while parking."

Street plated OK, any state.

If registered only, CT only as far as I know. You would have to call their offices to ask about out of state register bikes that aren't plated.

The army rangers check for regs and plates.. At least a few times a day they walk through the parking area when people are unloading or loading.

Their Facebook page shows whether or not their open, especially after it rains. They are CLOSED October 9-11 this year, and October 14th is the LAST DAY for the season this year. The bike trials are closed after that until May.

Go to the Army Corps of Engineers website for info. 
http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Thomaston-Dam/
'Thomaston Dam has designated trails for two wheeled trail bikes and they are open late May to mid-Sept.  Trails are weather conditional. Plan your trip by calling 860-283-5540, or by checking our Facebook page. Three and four wheel vehicles are not permitted. A cooperative agreement for trail management has been in place since 1979 with the Pathfinders Motorcycle Club. State registration is required and safety equipment is encouraged. Two small lots are available for parking at the end of the Dam. Please be considerate of others while parking."
Street plated OK, any state.
If registered only, CT only as far as I know. You would have to call their offices to ask about out of state register bikes that aren't plated.
The army rangers check for regs and plates.. At least a few times a day they walk through the parking area when people are unloading or loading.
Their Facebook page shows whether or not their open, especially after it rains. They are CLOSED October 9-11 this year, and October 14th is the LAST DAY for the season this year. The bike trials are closed after that until May.
Thank you. I have been riding there and it is great. Just wondering if there were any places local to dutchess couny.