BRC 500 XCW 2 Stroke

I've contacted them for a kit to convert my 2014 Husaberg TE300 into one of these monsters. I asked for the current price and availability as well as more details about the "donor" motor requirement. This was his answer this morning:

Thank you for your understanding of what this takes. Some guys think it should be worth a grand....

Your bike is a perfect donor and you will love it!

I need the donor for the internals we REUSE. Transmission, clutch, ignition, intake, water pump, and kick assy. That is what's needed to complete your kit. 

Yes, first 10 engines are gone. We have 50 sets of castings on order and should arrive at week 43. 6 weeks to Machine and start delivering the presale kits. 

Price for kit is $7500 CAD. Deposit to secure is $4K Canadian. Balance with Freight due on shipping date. 

Let me know any other questions you may have?

Best Regards,

1 hour ago, Pittbull said:

I've contacted them for a kit to convert my 2014 Husaberg TE300 into one of these monsters. I asked for the current price and availability as well as more details about the "donor" motor requirement. This was his answer this morning:

Thank you for your understanding of what this takes. Some guys think it should be worth a grand....

Your bike is a perfect donor and you will love it!

I need the donor for the internals we REUSE. Transmission, clutch, ignition, intake, water pump, and kick assy. That is what's needed to complete your kit. 

Yes, first 10 engines are gone. We have 50 sets of castings on order and should arrive at week 43. 6 weeks to Machine and start delivering the presale kits. 

Price for kit is $7500 CAD. Deposit to secure is $4K Canadian. Balance with Freight due on shipping date. 

Let me know any other questions you may have?

Best Regards,

I bet that would work great out in BC.:ride: Or in my garage:busted: I got a buddy that has an 08 300 XCW that I'm trying to convince to sign the doner card for?

Edited by I'm trying
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, I'm trying said:

I bet that would work great out in BC.:ride: Or in my garage:busted: I got a buddy that has an 08 300 XCW that I'm trying to convince to sign the doner card for?

A 500cc woods bike isn't that smart but for more open trail systems it would be a blast. Not so good for around here where I live but I'll still have my FX350 and my trials bikes. I want one simply for the cool factor, like the 86 CR500 I'm restoring.

20180927_161542.jpg.158b752c341a3ea0f7b1d10752774bc7.jpg

20180411_172650.jpg.b022f36f34596890c64f665bf6ec4039.jpg

This would be the donor bike. 2014 Husaberg TE300

20180210_145604.jpg.bd589a79f4f64cdc69c31bab7eaf94c4.jpg

Would most likely put the blue plastics back on it and bring it back from the apocalypse. 

1525271117_Berg8April2014.jpeg.b402cc5690436b86d73d46db7febc1aa.jpeg

Berg.jpg.fc00fda3118b5108c302320633b67579.jpg

Not sure a 500cc version of this bike would be a good idea up here in the nasty of BC

DSC01747.JPG.7046245926900dcdfd85a84d8b2f8116.JPG

This is what I have to use in the woods here anyway, no need to kill myself on something with so much power. 

20180905_165507.jpeg

Well I think I'd have to disagree with you on the too much power for the woods. In my experience I find bikes with more power ie torque are easier to ride. Lot less changing gears, getting stuck between gears. You don't need to rev them up as much as smaller cc bikes therefore less chance of breaking traction when you hit the power. To be fair I've never ridden a 500 2t, and much less the area where you ride so I'll take your word for it. But i have an R1 and have owned 750, 600 and 350 sportbikes and can say that the R1 is actually the easiest to ride. 

If I could get that in my cr250r, I'd be on the waiting list right now. We'll maybe not, but I sure would like to ride one that's for sure?

That Berg sure is nice in blue.:applause:

Edited by I'm trying
  • Like 1

Well I think I'd have to disagree with you on the too much power for the woods. In my experience I find bikes with more power ie torque are easier to ride. Lot less changing gears, getting stuck between gears. You don't need to rev them up as much as smaller cc bikes therefore less chance of breaking traction when you hit the power. To be fair I've never ridden a 500 2t, and much less the area where you ride so I'll take your word for it. But i have an R1 and have owned 750, 600 and 350 sportbikes and can say that the R1 is actually the easiest to ride. 
If I could get that in my cr250r, I'd be on the waiting list right now. We'll maybe not, but I sure would like to ride one that's for sure[emoji106]
That Berg sure is nice in blue.:applause:
I totally agree with you on the bigger bike and easier to ride issue. I too have had 36 bikes with 8 in the stable right now. My pride and joy is my 07 GSXR1000K7 that I've sunk a complete fortune into. It was an easy bike to ride until I shaved the weight down to 385 lbs dry and upped the HP to 192 at the wheel. Now it's a damn handful to say the least.
The issue with riding up here in the technical rainforest is traction. A 2 stroke 70 hp bike is just not going to hook up IMO. I actually have a feeling it will be quite a bear to control all that power unless you're in hero dirt. Nevertheless I'm all over this build, just now have to get all my ducks in a row to make it happen...$7500 is still a ton of money, its almost another damn bike.

I've been following this on FB since the first post about it. everything I've seen shows that they have tried to keep the smooth power of a ktm300 just more of it, everywhere. i think it would a blast but way out of my budget.

IIRC the 72hp and 58ft-lbs of torque was with a 36mm carb bored out to a 38mm. bigger carb should add even more

10 minutes ago, Carman said:

I've been following this on FB since the first post about it. everything I've seen shows that they have tried to keep the smooth power of a ktm300 just more of it, everywhere. i think it would a blast but way out of my budget.

IIRC the 72hp and 58ft-lbs of torque was with a 36mm carb bored out to a 38mm. bigger carb should add even more

I was wondering about the carb issue, was thinking Lectron as a possibility. They say they are working on fuel injection, that would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Pittbull said:

I totally agree with you on the bigger bike and easier to ride issue. I too have had 36 bikes with 8 in the stable right now. My pride and joy is my 07 GSXR1000K7 that I've sunk a complete fortune into. It was an easy bike to ride until I shaved the weight down to 385 lbs dry and upped the HP to 192 at the wheel. Now it's a damn handful to say the least.
The issue with riding up here in the technical rainforest is traction. A 2 stroke 70 hp bike is just not going to hook up IMO. I actually have a feeling it will be quite a bear to control all that power unless you're in hero dirt. Nevertheless I'm all over this build, just now have to get all my ducks in a row to make it happen...$7500 is still a ton of money, its almost another damn bike.

Whew that's a lot of bikes. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 10:10 PM, highmarker said:

counter balanced only if you supply '17 up bottom end ?

no it doesnt even work with the 17 and up yet. they are developing one for the newer stuff. they made their own counterbalancer and since they had their own cases made it works very well. 08-16 i believe all work. and the sx 5 speed or xc 6 speed or xcw wide ratio 6 speed all work in it

• 4 years later...