Dr650 scrambler wiring

I am looking at purchasing a dr650 to build a scrambler. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with tucking wires on a dr. Or if someone has any idea at all on good ways to do it. I’m thinking of getting rid of the battery and all. Making it as simple as possible. No high and low beam no turn signals.

The loom I made for my kick start only 250 if it helps
20180410_184352.png.7f71880181f4d33a908a42d4e22dfde7.png

Wow that should help a lot! Do you know if the outputs of the stator are the same?

No idea mate, sorry

You are all good this would Atleast give me a place to start!

Yeah I couldn't find a wiring diagram for mine anywhere (still cant) so I made my own. Apparently my 10 wire ECU doesn't exist 😂 I just hope I never have to replace it because I have no idea what it's from lol. 

Yeah I couldn't find a wiring diagram for mine anywhere (still cant) so I made my own. Apparently my 10 wire ECU doesn't exist I just hope I never have to replace it because I have no idea what it's from lol. 

What year is your bike?

It's registered as 1994 but as it's an import it's validation code on the log book shows it as unknown year of manufacture. The frame no points to a 1992 Japanese import Djebel model but it's definitely not a djebel as it has tubular frame (no box section) and no oil cooler. The previous owner said it once had USD front end but the only dr250 I can find any mention of with USD forks was the DR250SH model, but my ecu and stator is different from the SH model lol

It's registered as 1994 but as it's an import it's validation code on the log book shows it as unknown year of manufacture. The frame no points to a 1992 Japanese import Djebel model but it's definitely not a djebel as it has tubular frame (no box section) and no oil cooler. The previous owner said it once had USD front end but the only dr250 I can find any mention of with USD forks was the DR250SH model, but my ecu and stator is different from the SH model lol

Wow what a unicorn!

Yeah - I'm really getting into tracing the "family tree" of this bike lol. It's currently got a 350 front end and rear shock on It, and just to confuse things further it's running a BST33 carb which I believe were only on the DR350 range 😂😂. It's definitely a mongrol but it's my mongrel  lol and I've managed to get it insured and MOTed so it's all legal 😉

• Like 1