2016 450R cracked inner and outer case when trying to start

We have a 2016 CRF450R with about 11 hours out. never ridden hard always check the oil and change when needed along with the air filter. Took care of the recall that was required as well. Well when riding the bike was stalled out. Went to try and kick start the bike again. the kick start lever just back up jamming my knee into the handle bars and some how ended up cracking the case right by where the kick start goes through the case. Has any one had this happen or heard of this happening? What is the cause? 

You cracked the throttle while kicking and it kicked back. This sort of thing has been happening since large bore thumpers were invented..in like the 40's. My BSA 250 would kick back hard enough to break your damn leg if you weren't careful. My 1983 XL600 kicked back so hard once that it drove my knee into the handle bar hard enough to bend my bars, not mention the bruise on the bottom of my foot and my knee.

If the kicker gets off your boot and is allowed to get too deep into the ratchet, the cases never stand a chance.

Had this happen to my 2010 cr450 f.. it kicked back and cracked the casing .. had the casing welded as the casing are very expensive.. put a starter on it and never kicked it again.. was to scared to kick it again