2019 RR Race Edition Models - First Look

1 hour ago, THE KRAN said:

Still don't understand why the Race Edition does not have a more agressive 'racing' style mapping.

They should at least offer it as an upgrade option.....

Well it does have different mapping than a RR-S. Why all the Race Edtions aren't built more like full on race bikes is a whole different thing. 

I don't see the  correlation. The 125 is a race bike pure and simple. That's it's job. 
The Cross-Tranier is a trail bike for beginners or people who ride at a slower pace. That's it's job and what Beta builds it for. It's not a race bike at all. I've ridden a Cross-Trainer with RR suspension, it does nothing better than a RR when trying to go fast. 
Even Beta's female racer Morgan Tanke who is maybe 5'-2" has gone to racing a  shortened 250RR over her modified Cross-Trainer. 
All you see is people complaining about the forks on their Xtrainer. Regardless if they used it for racing or not, a Xtrainer with a better fork would get a ton of interest.

I'd bet that more riders than not with the Race Edition, don't actually use it for racing.

Also if it being a "Race Edition" is all about it being an actual race bike. Why the horn button, signal light switch, pounds of extra wires, etc?
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

SFF too. Don't you have an orange bike somewhere that could use a little 'kick start' love? ?

SFF is only on the RR models and we are talking about the RE here. Sorry, don’t understand kick start thing??

Edited by weantright

2 hours ago, Goatse said:

All you see is people complaining about the forks on their Xtrainer. Regardless if they used it for racing or not, a Xtrainer with a better fork would get a ton of interest.

I'd bet that more riders than not with the Race Edition, don't actually use it for racing.

Also if it being a "Race Edition" is all about it being an actual race bike. Why the horn button, signal light switch, pounds of extra wires, etc?

Not saying it couldn't use a better fork. However remember Beta markets it as a bike for less experienced riders that can be bought on a budget (compared to a RR) and they don't plan on changing that. I still believe a lot of people who are unhappy with the Cross-Trainer suspension would be happier with a RR. 

I agree with you, Race Edtions shouldn't come with all that wiring and crap! 

If it where up to me-

RR's would come as they are, but with the closed chamber forks. That way everyone can get the good suspension. Softer settings than the race Edtions

RE's would be stripped of all lights and extra wiring, no thermostat and come with good tires suitable for racing. 2t's would have a shorty muffler, maybe different porting or head. 4T's more of a race style exhaust and aggressive mapping just for Krannie  

To me this would make both the racers and non racers happy

Edited by eloc
  • Like 3

Not saying it couldn't use a better fork. However remember Beta markets it as a bike for less experienced riders that can be bought on a budget (compared to a RR) and they don't plan on changing that. I still believe a lot of people who are unhappy with the Cross-Trainer suspension would be happier with a RR. 
I agree with you, Race Edtions shouldn't come with all that wiring and crap! 
If it where up to me-
RR's would come as they are, but with the closed chamber forks. That way everyone can get the good suspension. Softer settings than the race Edtions
RE's would be stripped of all lights and extra wiring, no thermostat and come with good tires suitable for racing. 2t's would have a shorty muffler, maybe different porting or head. 4T's more of a race style exhaust and aggressive mapping just for Krannie  
To me this would make both the racers and non racers happy

Put this guy in charge of Beta.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, eloc said:

Well it does have different mapping than a RR-S. Why all the Race Edtions aren't built more like full on race bikes is a whole different thing. 

Like them just the way they are. I many parts of the world we need rego to race in enduro's, most of the stuff is stripped off the bike anyway. Its pretty easy to set the bike up as "full on race bike". 

MM 

• Like 4

On 10/2/2018 at 5:50 PM, Piney Woods said:

Sure look nice. Does the standard RR shock share the same update as thew RR-E?

I can't work that out either, do they mean it is new compared to the RR or just new compared to 2018? The RR shock is new for this year too, did they really make 2 new ones? 

21 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

Still don't understand why the Race Edition does not have a more agressive 'racing' style mapping.

They should at least offer it as an upgrade option.....

This is offered by the way of duel injectors. For the ones that have this they all say it more responsive and pulls a little harder.

20 hours ago, eloc said:

I don't see the  correlation. The 125 is a race bike pure and simple. That's it's job. 

The Cross-Tranier is a trail bike for beginners or people who ride at a slower pace. That's it's job and what Beta builds it for. It's not a race bike at all. I've ridden a Cross-Trainer with RR suspension, it does nothing better than a RR when trying to go fast. 

Even Beta's female racer Morgan Tanke who is maybe 5'-2" has gone to racing a  shortened 250RR over her modified Cross-Trainer. 

For years Morgan has raced an XT with upgraded suspension. Changing models could be for many reasons including pushing the sales of 250rr model. If you're small (not talking short) you would understand what an XT with good suspension does vs. a shorten RR. The XT was built for one purpose and that was to sell more bikes regardless of the reason the buyer had.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weantright said:

This is offered by the way of duel injectors. For the ones that have this they all say it more responsive and pulls a little harder.

For years Morgan has raced an XT with upgraded suspension. Changing models could be for many reasons including pushing the sales of 250rr model. If you're small (not talking short) you would understand what an XT with good suspension does vs. a shorten RR. The XT was built for one purpose and that was to sell more bikes regardless of the reason the buyer had.

I've known Morgan and her family since she was like 7 years old and I helped her get hooked up with Beta in the first place. She decided to go to a 250RR after riding one and feeling how much better it handles over her highly modded X-Trainer, even for slow technical Endurocross. 

Beta never dictates which bike their riders should be on, they are all free to make their own choices.  

• Like 8
  • Helpful 1

A reminder. 

The XT costs less because of the cheaper suspension components. 

Everything else is equal cost with the normal RR. So if you put the same forks and shock but 3cm shorter, you end up with a same price bike. 

However this is not going hand by hand with the marketing scenario they have come up. Simply you cannot sell at the same price your entry level dirt bike at the same price with your hard-core race bike. 

The one is for born again or beginners or adventure riders which seek ease of use, the other for people who ride more aggressively. 

Ps: I don't like as well the XT boingers but I wouldn't consider buying it anyway. Sales figs around the world have proved that their mrktng was correct. 

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, weantright said:

Ah, so what you are saying is the Dual Injector system, only offered on the Race Editions since 201x, pulls a bit stronger.

I would imagine with the dual injectors they would be able to lean out the already too rich partial throttle map and keep the richness needed on the open throttle / high rpms using the second injector.

That make sense. 

I'm glad I though of it, for Beta.

• Like 1

Glad to see that Beta acknowledged there were serious wear issues with the red forks. Time will tell if they found a solution, but a '19 300 race edition is starting to sound really tempting to replace me '15.

9 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

A reminder. 

The XT costs less because of the cheaper suspension components. 

Everything else is equal cost with the normal RR. So if you put the same forks and shock but 3cm shorter, you end up with a same price bike. 

However this is not going hand by hand with the marketing scenario they have come up. Simply you cannot sell at the same price your entry level dirt bike at the same price with your hard-core race bike. 

The one is for born again or beginners or adventure riders which seek ease of use, the other for people who ride more aggressively. 

Ps: I don't like as well the XT boingers but I wouldn't consider buying it anyway. Sales figs around the world have proved that their mrktng was correct. 

I think people lose sight of what the Xtrainer is. It's not designed to be race bike for little people...it's an entry level bike for novice riders, who want something more than a crf-f or ttr. If you want good suspension get an RR...if you want even better suspension get a race edition. Smaller people now have the choice of the 125 or 200 for a well-suspended bike.

• Like 4

It's a turd.

Smaller shock equals better performance lol ?

Still no attempt at balancing the engine...

I can't believe they are clinging to that red anodizing still! 

At least the owner doesn't have to remove that pos oi system now, they got one thing right..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dirt Mcgurt said:

It's a turd.

Smaller shock equals better performance lol ?

Still no attempt at balancing the engine...

I can't believe they are clinging to that red anodizing still! 

At least the owner doesn't have to remove that pos oi system now, they got one thing right..

Trolls are punished, so watch your step............

Edited by THE KRAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1