2019 RR Race Edition Models - First Look

Maybe same seat height but they feel not the same. The 14 lb weight difference from 250/300 to 200 feels like 45 lbs in real life. Night and day difference.
Same on the older KTM from 250/300 to 200 big big big difference in real life, but on paper same height and only 5 lbs.
Except getting the bikes to steer is usually not the problem. It's keeping them upright in the gnar when things get slow a technical. Being able to dab is the difference between confidence, and having none. Dropping a bike, then picking it back up multiple times, is FAR more exhausting than the added weight when riding a bike.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Goatse said:

Except getting the bikes to steer is usually not the problem. It's keeping them upright in the gnar when things get slow a technical. Being able to dab is the difference between confidence, and having none. Dropping a bike, then picking it back up multiple times, is FAR more exhausting than the added weight when riding a bike.

That's pure theory if you only check numbers. But in real life riding its night and day difference in all the aspects that you wrote down.

That's pure theory if you only check numbers. But in real life riding its night and day difference in all the aspects that you wrote down.
I have a wife and 3 daughters that race. This is not theory, but fact from first hand experience...
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, Sierra_rider said:

Glad to see that Beta acknowledged there were serious wear issues with the red forks. Time will tell if they found a solution, but a '19 300 race edition is starting to sound really tempting to replace me '15.

I think people lose sight of what the Xtrainer is. It's not designed to be race bike for little people...it's an entry level bike for novice riders, who want something more than a crf-f or ttr. If you want good suspension get an RR...if you want even better suspension get a race edition. Smaller people now have the choice of the 125 or 200 for a well-suspended bike.

It is also a great bike for those who like riding really tight technical trails.  In situations like that, seat height and bike weight trumps a high-end suspension, because you're only going an average of about 5-10 mph.  The stock XT suspension is more adapted to trials techniques too.   So one design actually fits a lot of different kinds of rider, I think - that, and price, is why it is so popular.   It is likely that the vast majority of people who frequent this forum do not race - and even those that do probably spend the bulk of their riding time trail-riding.  Being able to put a foot down and lift the front around is a must at dead ends...I'm 5'10" and seat heights 38" on up equals serious hardship and discomfort in tricky situations. Recently on one of those tricky trails, I lost control and went off the edge down into some dangerously steep brushy terrain on my XT...I just tried to keep centered while I was banging off of everything and kept on the gas -  somehow the bike made it back up on the trail. I stopped and  hooped and hollered for about 5 minutes...I thought I was done.  But that torquey tractable engine and smaller frame kept things together.  A taller, larger, harder hitting bike would have left me flat.  Literally.   So...different strokes.   Racing courses are rarely as technical as the trails many of us ride -

Edited by kawagumby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kawagumby said:

It is also a great bike for those who like riding really tight technical trails.  In situations like that, seat height and bike weight trumps a high-end suspension, because you're only going an average of about 5-10 mph.  The stock XT suspension is more adapted to trials techniques too.   So one design actually fits a lot of different kinds of rider, I think - that, and price, is why it is so popular.   It is likely that the vast majority of people who frequent this forum do not race - and even those that do probably spend the bulk of their riding time trail-riding.  Being able to put a foot down and lift the front around is a must at dead ends...I'm 5'10" and seat heights 38" on up equals serious hardship and discomfort in tricky situations. Recently on one of those tricky trails, I lost control and went off the edge down into some dangerously steep brushy terrain on my XT...I just tried to keep centered while I was banging off of everything and kept on the gas -  somehow the bike made it back up on the trail. I stopped and  hooped and hollered for about 5 minutes...I thought I was done.  But that torquey tractable engine and smaller frame kept things together.  A taller, larger, harder hitting bike would have left me flat.  Literally.   So...different strokes.   Racing courses are rarely as technical as the trails many of us ride -

The regular RR is plenty short enough for the average rider on a tough trail. While it may be easier for myself at 6'1", even my shorter friends agree with that sentiment. Quite a bit of my riding is hard-enduro type stuff and I've even raced one...practice a lot of cross-training skills on both my 300 and 350. Also a trials rider too.

• Like 1

Just now, shrubitup said:

So is WP in the same Tier 2 bike status bucket then? 

Well I said Tier 2 bike.

WP is still WP but I do like my Airfork immensely.  I have no gripes about the rear I bought two different springs for it.

No revalve needed.   I had a K into the Beta suspension and it was not as good as the stock Husqvarna. The bike handles well, is lighter than a X trainer, better fit and finish than a either of my Beta's so no the Husqvarna is not a 2nd tier bike.   

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Well I said Tier 2 bike.

WP is still WP but I do like my Airfork immensely.  I have no gripes about the rear I bought two different springs for it.

No revalve needed.   I had a K into the Beta suspension and it was not as good as the stock Husqvarna. The bike handles well, is lighter than a X trainer, better fit and finish than a either of my Beta's so no the Husqvarna is not a 2nd tier bike.   

Right; because your experience should be representative for all then. I have no issue banning bikes from my purchase list but rarely do I put the manufacturer at fault for one of their bikes that I had (exception being BMW Husky). BMW Husky was so bad you could see hordes of people complaining about similar things across multiple forums unlike Beta. 

Is beta the best? Should everyone buy one? No. They’re just another available option. Can’t agree that their whole model line is Tier 2 however. 

Just now, shrubitup said:

Right; because your experience should be representative for all then. I have no issue banning bikes from my purchase list but rarely do I put the manufacturer at fault for one of their bikes that I had (exception being BMW Husky). BMW Husky was so bad you could see hordes of people complaining about similar things across multiple forums unlike Beta. 

Is beta the best? Should everyone buy one? No. They’re just another available option. Can’t agree that their whole model line is Tier 2 however. 

My problem was identical on two bikes for two electrical problems.  I was far from Isolated

Then I experienced two different suspensions and well once again that subject is the biggest subject in Beta Forums.

Now here is the reason I post on occasion.  I have a "few" as in three PM's from people who said they thought I was a trolling until

they bought the bike on the Beta Red Kool aid reviews to discover they were having my experience.  My whole point is the bike has issues 

which the regulars refuse to acknowledge.  So some guy comes on here thinking 2019 RR RE what do the think?  I want him to know he can do better. Go look at KTM go look at Husky and go look at a 250X as all build a better 2t.    I want him to know this is in essence the same bike for 7 years and for 7 years it has had the same issues.  

My experience is widespread and while it may not represent all it sure hits home with a lot. 

• Like 1

We will see just how bad betas are a week from this Saturday. I really have a hard time believing the suspension on betas is as bad as people say. As for the pretentious orange and white bikes,well i know i am not impressed. The one sitting in my garage, its an expensive POS. I have heard of it called a Ferrari of the dirt bike world,i think its more like the pinto of the dirt bike world. The suspension on my AJP was better than this POS. 

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 4

On 10/2/2018 at 3:33 AM, Bryan Bosch said:

2019 RR RACING Models
Seven Distinctive Sizes to Choose From

The 2019 Beta RR Racing Editions have arrived! These Italian thoroughbreds are based from the standard RR models yet offer distinctive features found only on race bikes and are manufactured to the same specifications that Beta Factory rider Steve Holcombe used to become 2017 Enduro GP World Champion and allowed Beta to clinch the Enduro GP Constructors' World Championship title. They are also the models that Beta USA factory rider's Max Gerston, Michael Witkowski, and Newly-Crowned 250 Hare & Hound Champion Chance Fullerton used to compete in all of the AMA Championships in 2018.

For 2019, there are a total of seven different RR Racing Editions offered including the addition of the new RR Racing 125 RR! Other racing model sizes return as well providing racers with many choices to suit their riding style. These returning models include 250 and 300cc 2-stroke as well as 350, 390, 430, and 480cc 4-stroke. With many features added to the standard models, the RR Racing line includes the following updates for 2019 that are unique to the model range including the following:

beta_1.png
2019 Beta 300 RR-Race Edition

Suspension

Beta engineers have been hard at work developing the front and rear suspension settings to improve overall handling under the most extreme conditions.

• Sachs 48 mm closed cartridge fork with anodized slider: stiffer and more resistant to wear, while providing less friction. SKF low-friction fork seals and wipers are also installed.
  • New fork shoes (yoke): stiffer and lighter.
  • New fork guards: designed together with the shoe to combine practicality and design while providing more strength.
  • Fully redesigned ZF Sachs shock: with more compact 46 mm piston, about ½ lb. lighter. The new piston has been designed to ensure more stable operation as the oil temperature varies, while increasing sensitivity to enhance comfort and traction. The small upper base and reservoir have also been redesigned to be farther away from the exhaust pipe while minimizing weight. The new spring is also lighter.
  • Black anodized triple clamp.

Premix:

For racing, the 2-stroke range has no automatic oil injector and requires pre-mix. This feature was removed to reduce weight.

Special components:

The range includes all those aesthetic and practical features one expects from a real Racing bike:

• Quick-release front axle pull: speeds up tire repairs, saving precious seconds in race situations.
  • Moto-Style hand guards: modern design, tough and "In-Mold" graphics; ideal for extreme off-road riding.
  • Black Aluminum footrests: light yet strong, wider than the standard model's steel pegs to ensure maximum, long-lasting grip under all conditions.
  • Rear sprocket with anodized aluminum core and steel teeth: an unbeatable combination of lightness and durability.
  • Red aluminum chain tensioner blocks. providing quick and precise adjustments to the chain
  • Racing seat with document pocket.
  • Black anodized shift/brake levers.
  • Transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap in red anodized aluminum.
  • Racing graphics and red rim stickers.

beta_2.png
2019 Beta 390 RR-Race Edition

RR Racing 125 cc 2-stroke:

The 125 RR Racing Edition 2-stroke is a stunning achievement: in addition to all the above, it boasts a suspension system specially designed for the 125 chassis.

• Same front and rear suspension as the larger Racing models.
  • New cylinder, with modified exhaust port and timing charts.
  • New exhaust flange.
  • New exhaust valve system and new boosters.
  • New clutch cover with air bleed system to give the clutch improved feel, a modified oil filler cap position.
  • New clutch basket.
  • New expansion chamber.

Improved low-rev power delivery combined with greater high-rev acceleration, resulting in better performance across the rev range and more linear, manageable power output. The outcome is a considerably broader riding range, a crucial feature on a small-displacement engine.

beta_3.png
2019 Beta 125 RR-Race Edition

Availability: November

Prices:                                                                           

• 125 RR Race                                       $8399.00                     
  • 250 RR Race                                       $9099.00                     
  • 300 RR Race                                       $9299.00                     
  • 350 RR Race                                       $10,199.00                             
  • 390 RR Race                                       $10,299.00                     
  • 430 RR Race                                       $10,399.00
  • 480 RR Race                                       $10,499.00                  

Prices are MSRP and do not include destination charges, sales tax, license, or dealer preparation fees. 

Well it’s just a first look and look at how many trolls came. That’s a great sign.  Bikes must be good. .. better than good..You never see Beta guys purposely trying to down any other brand bikes in other threads.. but then Beta riders as a whole aren’t dicks and trolls.... online anyway.

Beta is making big leaps forward being such a small manufacturer and adding the 125 and the 200 to the lineup. That’s huge . As usual sales are cranking. There’s still such a buzz. With each model added there are a bunch itching to get and ride and have money down at the dealer. The last buzz like this was when the Xtrainers came out. Before that it was the 2 stroke 250/300 . Before that the 350 rr. Before that the all Beta 450 rr in 2010. I got my 2009 Beta 525 rs new and the great thing then was no one knew what a Beta was then. That rfs motor is great. Still what a change in reaction in 10 years and some similarities. Piney and weanright were a couple of the first guys whining 10 years ago when Beta only had a couple of models of enduros. Now Beta is huge for a tiny manufacturer and has a bunch of world championships and is cranking in sales. With more success comes more whining. ?

Beta is doing awesome ?

This is just the announcement!! 

Im especially interested to see how the 200’s are. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

As the owner of a orange bike, i am embarrassed that fellow orange bike owners go out of their way to bash beta. The first orange bike i owned was a new 2000 ktm 200 mxc and i loved that bike. The orange bike i currently have, i hate. October 20th i will be demoing some betas. If i like any of them, the ktm is down the road and i will be a bata owner. My prediction is that i will be the owner of either a XT or a 300rr or re. 

• Like 2