2019 RR Race Edition Models - First Look

10 minutes ago, Dirt Mcgurt said:

It's a turd.

Smaller shock equals better performance lol :rolleyes:

Still no attempt at balancing the engine...

I can't believe they are clinging to that red anodizing still! 

At least the owner doesn't have to remove that pos oi system now, they got one thing right..

Trolls are punished, so watch your step............

Edited by THE KRAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 2:05 AM, THE KRAN said:

There is a good why reason only WP uses external fork spring preload................

Whats that now? Are you saying more/easier adjustability is a bad thing?

3 minutes ago, livefivetwofive said:

Whats that now? Are you saying more/easier adjustability is a bad thing?

"Adjustability ? " 

Changing the front sag to be less is almost never a good 'adjustment'.... unless you want the low speed ride to be harsher.

Putting more tension on the front spring does not make it 'stiffer' it just changes the sag/low speed travel, and raises the front.

You need 'sag' in the front suspension so the wheel can drop independently from the bike. If you remove that sag, then the whole bike drops, making the ride harsher.

Now, if you could buy springs that were 20mm shorter, then you might have some adjustment range for sag, but the stock spring length combined with the correct spring rate does not need any adjusting.

6 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

"Adjustability ? " 

Changing the front sag to be less is almost never a good 'adjustment'.... unless you want the low speed ride to be harsher.

Putting more tension on the front spring does not make it 'stiffer' it just changes the sag/low speed travel, and raises the front.

You need 'sag' in the front suspension so the wheel can drop independently from the bike. If you remove that sag, then the whole bike drops, making the ride harsher.

Now, if you could buy springs that were 20mm shorter, then you might have some adjustment range for sag, but the stock spring length combined with the correct spring rate does not need any adjusting.

More adjustment options is always better.

Yes i have spell check but i dont care... whatever works... same with suspension.

13 minutes ago, livefivetwofive said:

More adjustment options is always better.

Yes i have spell check but i dont care... whatever works... same with suspension.

You don't get it.  

They don't make shoes with adjustable sizes, for a reason....

Carry on.

A Beta is likely going to be my next bike, the RR's are such nice looking bikes for 2019 and the 200 hits the mark. However, IMO the RE's graphics are not as nice as the RR's, both the 2018 and 2019's. Last year's Italian themed RE's really missed the mark for the world wide market

• Like 2

Smaller people now have the choice of the 125 or 200 for a well-suspended bike.

The 125 and 200 are full sized bikes with the same seat height as the 250, 300RR's.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dirt Mcgurt said:

It's a turd.

Smaller shock equals better performance lol :rolleyes:

I think you're shooting prematurely on the size thing, McSquirt. :smirk:

• Like 2

On 10/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, mtdirtbag said:

As far as confused ---- I'm confused as to why you continue to frequent the Beta forum, from what I can ascertain you do no own one and your only purpose is to stir up crap. Is that your purpose? I really don't care one way or another but you are annoying, but then again that may be your purpose.

Every other Beta thread needs a YHGEORGE. He keeps us honest whilst complaining there's no demo days or dealers located nearby.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Every other Beta thread needs a YHGEORGE. He keeps us honest whilst complaining there's no demo days or dealers located nearby.

I guess he's in the far west.... 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

You don't get it.  

They don't make shoes with adjustable sizes, for a reason....

Carry on.

Yes they do. High end running shoes have adjustability so as the runner's feet heat up they can readjust. I believe Forest Gump invented them.

12 hours ago, Goatse said:

The 125 and 200 are full sized bikes with the same seat height as the 250, 300RR's.

Power delivery is also a concern with these two models. 125 must be on the pipe for any real power unless you're 12. 200 is a little easier but still needs a little rev. Buy a 200 for a racing class otherwise a 250 is far better. This is based on past bikes so maybe Beta has found that hidden recipe.

Edited by weantright
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Goatse said:

I know, but weight is probably another issue for smaller riders. 

• Like 1

I know, but weight is probably another issue for smaller riders. 
For people closer to 5' tall than 6', seat height is more critical than less than 10lbs of static weight and 50cc of displacement.

Obviously the market just isn't there to support it, but man I bet the short people would love if something the size of the Xtrainer came with the big boy parts like the RR's. It's not just seat height, it's ergos in general. The smaller frame is definitely noticeable. My wife looks 'normal' on her Xtrainer, but looks like a child on my RR.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Goatse said:

For people closer to 5' tall than 6', seat height is more critical than less than 10lbs of static weight and 50cc of displacement.

Obviously the market just isn't there to support it, but man I bet the short people would love if something the size of the Xtrainer came with the big boy parts like the RR's. It's not just seat height, it's ergos in general. The smaller frame is definitely noticeable. My wife looks 'normal' on her Xtrainer, but looks like a child on my RR.

I thought my RR was on the small side all this time until I rode a very gnarly trail this fall. Few people ride it saying that it’s not enjoyable. Whole riding party turned around due to some riders discomfort with the trail. This trail really made me appreciate the RRs shorter stature compared to an xcw or Yamaha FX.

• Like 2

2019 RR RACING Models
Seven Distinctive Sizes to Choose From

The 2019 Beta RR Racing Editions have arrived! These Italian thoroughbreds are based from the standard RR models yet offer distinctive features found only on race bikes and are manufactured to the same specifications that Beta Factory rider Steve Holcombe used to become 2017 Enduro GP World Champion and allowed Beta to clinch the Enduro GP Constructors' World Championship title. They are also the models that Beta USA factory rider's Max Gerston, Michael Witkowski, and Newly-Crowned 250 Hare & Hound Champion Chance Fullerton used to compete in all of the AMA Championships in 2018.
For 2019, there are a total of seven different RR Racing Editions offered including the addition of the new RR Racing 125 RR! Other racing model sizes return as well providing racers with many choices to suit their riding style. These returning models include 250 and 300cc 2-stroke as well as 350, 390, 430, and 480cc 4-stroke. With many features added to the standard models, the RR Racing line includes the following updates for 2019 that are unique to the model range including the following:

beta_1.png.18ab2d374e0d1866f96125db1658e7d1.png
2019 Beta 300 RR-Race Edition

Suspension
Beta engineers have been hard at work developing the front and rear suspension settings to improve overall handling under the most extreme conditions.
  • Sachs 48 mm closed cartridge fork with anodized slider: stiffer and more resistant to wear, while providing less friction. SKF low-friction fork seals and wipers are also installed.
  • New fork shoes (yoke): stiffer and lighter.
  • New fork guards: designed together with the shoe to combine practicality and design while providing more strength.
  • Fully redesigned ZF Sachs shock: with more compact 46 mm piston, about ½ lb. lighter. The new piston has been designed to ensure more stable operation as the oil temperature varies, while increasing sensitivity to enhance comfort and traction. The small upper base and reservoir have also been redesigned to be farther away from the exhaust pipe while minimizing weight. The new spring is also lighter.
  • Black anodized triple clamp.
Premix:
For racing, the 2-stroke range has no automatic oil injector and requires pre-mix. This feature was removed to reduce weight.
Special components:
The range includes all those aesthetic and practical features one expects from a real Racing bike:
  • Quick-release front axle pull: speeds up tire repairs, saving precious seconds in race situations.
  • Moto-Style hand guards: modern design, tough and "In-Mold" graphics; ideal for extreme off-road riding.
  • Black Aluminum footrests: light yet strong, wider than the standard model's steel pegs to ensure maximum, long-lasting grip under all conditions.
  • Rear sprocket with anodized aluminum core and steel teeth: an unbeatable combination of lightness and durability.
  • Red aluminum chain tensioner blocks. providing quick and precise adjustments to the chain
  • Racing seat with document pocket.
  • Black anodized shift/brake levers.
  • Transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap in red anodized aluminum.
  • Racing graphics and red rim stickers.

beta_2.png.1ce115c893e19b0e740fde86a9fdae29.png
2019 Beta 390 RR-Race Edition

RR Racing 125 cc 2-stroke:
The 125 RR Racing Edition 2-stroke is a stunning achievement: in addition to all the above, it boasts a suspension system specially designed for the 125 chassis.
  • Same front and rear suspension as the larger Racing models.
  • New cylinder, with modified exhaust port and timing charts.
  • New exhaust flange.
  • New exhaust valve system and new boosters.
  • New clutch cover with air bleed system to give the clutch improved feel, a modified oil filler cap position.
  • New clutch basket.
  • New expansion chamber.
Improved low-rev power delivery combined with greater high-rev acceleration, resulting in better performance across the rev range and more linear, manageable power output. The outcome is a considerably broader riding range, a crucial feature on a small-displacement engine.

beta_3.png.f9f1dd1190646e86627d563f51a3931c.png
2019 Beta 125 RR-Race Edition

Availability: November
Prices:                                                                           
  • 125 RR Race                                       $8399.00                     
  • 250 RR Race                                       $9099.00                     
  • 300 RR Race                                       $9299.00                     
  • 350 RR Race                                       $10,199.00                             
  • 390 RR Race                                       $10,299.00                     
  • 430 RR Race                                       $10,399.00
  • 480 RR Race                                       $10,499.00                  
Prices are MSRP and do not include destination charges, sales tax, license, or dealer preparation fees. 

Those prices are edging right up to ktm prices.

Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2018 at 8:18 PM, tk2stroke said:

A Beta is likely going to be my next bike, the RR's are such nice looking bikes for 2019 and the 200 hits the mark. However, IMO the RE's graphics are not as nice as the RR's, both the 2018 and 2019's. Last year's Italian themed RE's really missed the mark for the world wide market

Thanks for putting that out there. I drink the kool-aid for Beta. The RE's just don't look sexy. ☹️

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1