Jump to content
OZ DRZ

Megs Braap: just a girl and her dirt bike!

Recommended Posts

Heaps of fun over the summer break trying to keep up with Megs Braap. One of the girls suggested we make a film clip and I even convinced Megs to sing.... although she insisted I wear a skirt for the three days of girls-only training lol.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really respect Meg.  There has been a number of nay-sayers on social media that bag on her for making videos instead of going out and racing....but I can appreciate how and why she uses her talents for other offroad activities.  For one thing, she has a good personality and style for communication and giving lessons to impart her dirt riding knowledge, and she has found a way to indulge in her passion for  technical riding while making some money at it, instead of working some 9 to 5 daily grind job to make money to go race and maybe get injured while giving 110 percent, thus not being able to go back to work at the daily grind.  I totally get it, and I totally support the direction she has taken with dirt riding.  Besides...it looks like she's having a blast, and who knows what opportunities her efforts will lead her to.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dirt duchess said:

I really respect Meg

You know nothing about her then... 

She's not out racing because shes burned enough bridges...

But ya, tons of respect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

You know nothing about her then... 

She's not out racing because shes burned enough bridges...

But ya, tons of respect! 

Nope, I don't....but you obviously do.  I'm just an old lady with very little riding skills, and I respect a young person who has a lot of skills and decides to do something outside the box with them.  For me, whether she's an ass hole or not remains to be seen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dirt duchess said:

Nope, I don't....but you obviously do.  I'm just an old lady with very little riding skills, and I respect a young person who has a lot of skills and decides to do something outside the box with them.  For me, whether she's an ass hole or not remains to be seen.

Yes I do. And the person you see on front of the camera is not the person many have come to know personally.

She's not a expert, barely a decent rider by any standard and it's easy to provide results to show that. Throw in her hosting riding clinics with no insurance, during so literally telling a lesser rider to take the road home because they couldn't keep up (a very close personal friend of mine), taking money from our club to go the ISDE and not saying even a thank you, sponsored by motorcycle and suspension shops but riding other bikes and suspension because it didn't meet her standard...the list goes on and on and on... 

So no, none of us that know her have much of any respect for her.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Yes I do. And the person you see on front of the camera is not the person many have come to know personally.

She's not a expert, barely a decent rider by any standard and it's easy to provide results to show that. Throw in her hosting riding clinics with no insurance, during so literally telling a lesser rider to take the road home because they couldn't keep up (a very close personal friend of mine), taking money from our club to go the ISDE and not saying even a thank you, sponsored by motorcycle and suspension shops but riding other bikes and suspension because it didn't meet her standard...the list goes on and on and on... 

So no, none of us that know her have much of any respect for her.

 

I have been enlightened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote: (She's not a expert, barely a decent rider by any standard and it's easy to provide results to show that.)
What caliber of rider goes to the ISDE. Because that describes my riding abilities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Padilen said:

Quote: (She's not a expert, barely a decent rider by any standard and it's easy to provide results to show that.)
What caliber of rider goes to the ISDE. Because that describes my riding abilities.

Anybody who's anybody can go to the ISDE. Especially from Canada... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seriously guys, is a forum really the place to bitch, whine and carry on? why not take the conversation up with megs personally? i've been running a youtube channel for four years and often i've almost quit because of the incredible negativity from the general public. it's easy to post complaints publicly, much harder (but fare more grown up) to take them up with the person face to face... or at one on one. 

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh don't you dare quit OZ. I have learned so much from watching your videos. Thanks for the work you put into them. I'm just a low skilled dodgy American, but am trying to learn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, OZ DRZ said:

seriously guys, is a forum really the place to bitch, whine and carry on? why not take the conversation up with megs personally? i've been running a youtube channel for four years and often i've almost quit because of the incredible negativity from the general public. it's easy to post complaints publicly, much harder (but fare more grown up) to take them up with the person face to face... or at one on one. 

Lol, I would have no problem telling her the same in person... Unfortunately when you don't show your face to the same people you've burned its kinda hard... Much easier to seek attention and accolades from people you haven't screwed over then the ones you have... Carry on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×