Bark Busters used with bar ends: Anyone done it? Possible?

I would like to get some Bark Busters, primarily to protect my levers from a fall. But I don't want to take off my bar ends and lose out on that anti-vibration.

I have not seen Bark Busters in person so don't know if it is possible to mount them with bar ends on. Possible to mount the bar ends on after one installs Bark Busters?

(if anyone has some used Bark Busters they'd like to part with, please let me know)

Thanks!

I would like to get some Bark Busters, primarily to protect my levers from a fall. But I don't want to take off my bar ends and lose out on that anti-vibration.
I have not seen Bark Busters in person so don't know if it is possible to mount them with bar ends on. Possible to mount the bar ends on after one installs Bark Busters?
(if anyone has some used Bark Busters they'd like to part with, please let me know)
Thanks!
Well zeta bark busters and presumably most hand guards mount the same way bar ends do to the hand grips. So I at least can tell you zeta brand ones are a no-go for what you are looking for.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, fishugly said:

Thanks!

You might find that the Bark busters have as much, if not more, anti vibration properties than the bar ends do.  Effectively your stiffening across the bars.  You could just get single end mount guards - but in my opinion they have limited value protecting your leavers and may well make a nice hand sandwich in the event of an off.

https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Acerbis-Uniko-Orange-Vented-Handguards/9846.313

• Like 1

I giggle when people talk about handlebar vibrations on anything from Japan. A quick lap around the block on any Harley I ever owned would make you appreciate the silky smooth feeling you get through the bars of your Suzuki.

I pulled my bar end weights when I installed my handguards and didn’t think twice about doing it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I didn't notice any increase in vibes but I have a SM with rubber mounted clamps. Have you tired removing the ends to see what it is like?

Yes. One bar end fell out and I rode the bike without for a while. There was a noticeable difference, for me.

53 minutes ago, ray1970 said:

I giggle when people talk about handlebar vibrations on anything from Japan. A quick lap around the block on any Harley I ever owned would make you appreciate the silky smooth feeling you get through the bars of your Suzuki.

I pulled my bar end weights when I installed my handguards and didn’t think twice about doing it.

I might giggle too... if I didn't have a history of tendonitis and fear of vibration induced issues. I couldn't ride my stock DRZ for 15 minutes without it making my hands buzz. After wrapping my grips with foam, filling the bars with BBs, and adding some rubber to the bar mounts, I have ridden up to 14 hour days without any buzz.

The solution is straightforward and well worth it! You can mount the bar end weights and the bark busters quite easily in one of two techniques. In either case you will need to obtain two bolts that are longer than the original bolts for the bar and weights. You Then mount the weights outside the bark Buster, or do some bending to adapt the bark Buster to go around the weights. See images

17479BA4-8DEB-4113-AC1C-90486AF942A2.jpeg

B942D5D9-78B7-4506-B115-8C30F04E7667.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 7:29 PM, ray1970 said:

What are you talking about? My H-D has a rubber mounted engine and rubber mounted bars! :D

I'm running Cycras and it has no effect whatsoever on bar vibration.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 9:51 PM, psychocandy said:

If you really wanted some extra anti-vibe mods, you could load up your handlebars with buckshot or fishing weights. Seems a bit overkill to me, but it's been done.

Yes, I've done that, along with a couple other vibration dampening measures. See my post above.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:01 PM, dad2u said:

The solution is straightforward and well worth it! You can mount the bar end weights and the bark busters quite easily in one of two techniques. In either case you will need to obtain two bolts that are longer than the original bolts for the bar and weights. You Then mount the weights outside the bark Buster, or do some bending to adapt the bark Buster to go around the weights. See images

17479BA4-8DEB-4113-AC1C-90486AF942A2.jpeg

B942D5D9-78B7-4506-B115-8C30F04E7667.jpeg

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to post!