Sold CRF450X and got XR650L- need advice

Good deal...............

Yeah I know I have a 07' 250X, love the bike BUT not the maintenance and dependability of a "competition engine"...... the X is............. well an "X" in the CR CRF world.

XL to a  XR to a XRL ................. "Air Cooled Since Day One"................till the CRF-X (what was I thinking)

I can see you've received a lot of feedback already but I'll add my 2 cents. I have 3 XR's. A XR600R, XR650R and a XR650L. When I first bought the 650L I thought something was seriously wrong. No throttle response and it felt anemic. I have a TM40 on my XR600R and an Edelbrock on my XR650R. The stock CV carb was very disappointing. I installed a TM40 and its a night and day difference. The CV carb was clean and functioning as intended but really restricts what the motor can do. It will never be a CRFX but it can be so much better. The TM40 install and jetting specs are well documented on here. I wouldn't bother riding that bike without it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the tips, advice, and sharing your knowledge and ideas with me. I got it back together last night and I’ve been riding most of the day today. The “not able to see daylight through it” jet must have been the culprit. As mentioned by several, it’s not my CRF but it’s alive now. And the decel pop is now down to what I’ll call a decel “rumble” that I can live with. I wish I could repay each of you with some solid advice or tip, but unfortunately I’m the guy who shows up late to the get together and needs all of you with nothing to offer. I hope to hang around here more often now that I’m in the BRP club and keep learning. Maybe one day, after I’ve been around this pig long enough, I’ll be able to chime in on some things. Until then, thanks for letting a newbie hear from you. The pig is doing awesome!

BCB541A1-8BDA-4C07-886C-F9FDE4B857D8.jpeg

• Like 3