2018 Donner Hare Scramble

Anyone on here doing the Donner Hare Scramble in a few weeks?  I ran into Brian G this weekend and he said that C riders would be riding "most" of the A/B loop to open up the couple of bottlenecks that developed last year.  As a C rider, I'm looking forward to some of those awesome rock sections the A/B riders got last year that we missed out on!

Who's in?

I don't think they publish this in advance, but last year the C loop was about 4-5 miles, the A/B look looked longer - maybe 8-9?

Thx my buddy and I want to race it, but I wasn't how long a loop was. I'm fat and out of shape , but i think I can make 1 or 2 loops at 4 or 5 miles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Smokepony, you did pretty well!  I crashed hard on the 4th lap and knocked what wind I had left in the sails out.  It was good chatting with you on the line too and hope to see you out at some more D36 events.

Matt

17 minutes ago, Makaio said:

Smokepony, you did pretty well!  I crashed hard on the 4th lap and knocked what wind I had left in the sails out.  It was good chatting with you on the line too and hope to see you out at some more D36 events.

Matt

Thanks, Matt!  Great catching up with you on the line.  Small world.  I looked at the results and saw you were flying... right up until you weren't. ?  Figured something bad happened that 4th lap to take you out.  You OK?  How'd you go down? 

I ran out of talent in the rock garden on that fourth lap.  Luckily, I myself was pretty armored up so it just banged me up pretty good, but I'll be ok.  A few bruises and sore ribs is all.  But my bike took the brunt of it; broken clutch lever, small rip in a radiator hose, hole in my clutch cover, and a mangled exhaust header.  I was able to limp it back to finish, but couldn't afford to risk killing the poor bike for a 5th lap.

Oh man, that sucks.  But good you aren't too bad...  easier to buy new bike parts than body parts.  Funny, I saw a Slavens Racing video about an indestructible composite clutch cover about a week ago and thought to myself, "there's a solution looking for a problem" but it sounds like a punctured clutch cover is actually a thing!! ?  Good luck getting back out there.

Dean