Rmx250 1995 project

Yes putoline mx5 fully synthetic 2 stroke oil . Yes soon as my horn arrives as the one i fitted is dodgy. I will be down the road for mot so can open it up . I only had it idling on the stand to get to temp then shut it off , did that 3 times then started to blip the throttle. I took the exhaust off to look inside the cylinder there was abit of oil in the exhaust port . I did coat all the bore and piston with two stroke during the build tho . So im thinking when iv give it a  good blast only then i will be able to see the true smoke level 

So removed the plug it is very oil

and wet looking is that normal from

only being run on the stand ? Im just a little worried  . I intend to head the mot station this weekend and worried it might be to smokey or even foul a plug on the way any advise please . ? 

7 hours ago, Romney1 said:

So removed the plug it is very oil

and wet looking is that normal from

only being run on the stand ? Im just a little worried  . I intend to head the mot station this weekend and worried it might be to smokey or even foul a plug on the way any advise please . ? 

Normal for only being ran a few minutes at idle. Eventually, yes it will foul if you continue to let the bike idle with no load, and cylinder will glaze over causing rings to not seal properly. Next time you start it it NEEDS to be ridden. Don’t baby it either. Ride normal at first then start to get on it hard. The synthetic and excessive idling is going to seriously hinder rings breaking in....

Hard to say if it will be excessively smokey and foul plugs until you’ve ridden it. Bring extra plugs and a tool to remove them on your first ride...

Seat looks great BTW. Why’s it not installed yet?

• Like 1

Iv ordered some plugs so hopefully arrive by Saturday mot time , the seats not on because im going to have to put my drill battery in the air box for the horn for mot ,  its like the stator on the bike hasn’t enough to power my horn . So im just going to do that for my mot then See what options i have 

Oh, I see. Stupid horn... lol. 

Is the horn stock to your RMX?

Surprisingly, horns draw a lot more power than what you’d think. If you can find a piezoelectric horn (if they make them?) that would be the most efficient use of power. 

A quick google search came up with this. 

https://wolo-mfg.com/horns/motorcycle-horns/electric/model-260-2t-mini-but-loud-black.html?SID=6658a7598a6b6fa8bbb8150db07ff802

Says it draws 2.5 amps. Might be more efficient than the horn you have ???

You’ll have to check how many amps yours uses, if you have a voltmeter that can check amps...

• Like 1

My rmx as standard has no horn only front and rear lamp that just runs contantly . Horn is required for mot so thought it could just be added , do these run on dc or ac current, iv seen a horn that suitable for ac current vespers without a battery only £12 im thinking ? this is the answer to my problem.

the horn i fitted was just a small 70cm motorcycle horn works perfectly off a battery but on the bike no matter how high the revs are its like its being strangled , even tried adjusting it to work , in the end iv given up and done my drill battery works a treat just for the mot to pass then ill remove it . 

Iv found a company to make me some graphics just cant decide on the design yet full kit £99.

Mot passed this morning omg the beast really does rip and by the time i smoked it up the road there was no more smoke from the exhaust. Iv not done enough ridding yet but  i think the jetting is near perfect. One thing I noticed was just as you wind the throttle there is a slight splutter then its just hammers up the revs , ill have to see what its like after abit more ridding but all seems pretty promising, Iv ordered some different 2 stroke old with a lower flash point as i think this will also be suited best for my riding . 

No i havnt tried messing with the screw yet i did back it in a fraction to 1.quarter like you said tbh iv never had any luck with turning the mixture screws on carbs always seems to sound the same to me lol. Ill get some pictures when im next out on it i cant bloody wait . This weekend has Been mental so not had time .. im going to use this tank of mx5 putoline oil up then swap to motul 710 with the lower flash point 

Ok can i have some thoughts on this graphic style for my rmx project, i cant decide on design but love this picture, my friends at work say it’s awful but its really appeals to me , i have a company that can adjust the design slightly to suit my blue frame ? Thought please 

CB208A27-F137-4F8F-81D4-DE4A1B0DD141.png

• Like 2

You're not alone, I love the look of the early 90's bikes. The 1992 rm's in particular are the loudest of the bunch and often hated but it is one of my favorites. The 1992 rmx250 had a matching graphic theme as seen below. Maybe you'd be interested in doing a little bit of a throwback to that look, since you have a nice purple seat cover, maybe a purple and yellow tribute to that style so it all matches. 

6077877460_06ce98e2d3_b.jpg

EDIT: I found another pic,  Its no rmx, but the purple would match your seat. Paul Edmondson's 1997 RM250 gncc bike. 

s1200_image.thumb.jpg.dfb5fa174878c9dcbc026f6a2e86c5c6.jpg

Edited by WAR10CK333
  • Like 1

Well Iv ordered a semi custom decal set from custom mx , it arrived today and looks great soon as its on the bike ill post some pictures , even tho i love the early rm camo graphics to many people iv shown said it horrible and if i sold my bike it might put people off . Iv chosen more of a factory look with purple running over it 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, WAR10CK333 said:

You're not alone, I love the look of the early 90's bikes. The 1992 rm's in particular are the loudest of the bunch and often hated but it is one of my favorites. The 1992 rmx250 had a matching graphic theme as seen below. Maybe you'd be interested in doing a little bit of a throwback to that look, since you have a nice purple seat cover, maybe a purple and yellow tribute to that style so it all matches. 

6077877460_06ce98e2d3_b.jpg

EDIT: I found another pic,  Its no rmx, but the purple would match your seat. Paul Edmondson's 1997 RM250 gncc bike. 

s1200_image.thumb.jpg.dfb5fa174878c9dcbc026f6a2e86c5c6.jpg

The CAMO is AWESOME !!!