Posted (edited)

I have a problem with my stage 2 exhaust cam on my rmz whenever I kick it over the exhaust cam likes to stop at the lift unless I put it at tdc or kick it really slow it runs fine when it starts and I have played around with the shims right now all the valves are shimed and I have checked the timing everything’s to spec it just gets stuck at the exhuast I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with too much compression I probally will end upbuying stock cams but wanted to see if anyone knows how to fix this first

Edited by jace kornegay

Don’t know if anyone has seen this yet but I had a vertex big bore kit on my bike and just switched back to stock pistons and cylinder today I don’t really have the ex cam issues any more but im still having starting problems its basically impossible to start after riding it for a couple of minutes I don’t think it’s vapor locked because it never backfires and does not seem to run leen at all but idk i was thinking maybe the coils are bad I did changed the spark plug magneto and the nuetral switch just to be safe and I know these parts are good because I’ve tested them and use them before if someone has this problem to please comment

Sorry it’s been a while the clearance is in spec I tried running them looser than spec still didn’t help bought new spark plugs and switched to belray oil and all the stuff in the previous post starts way easier now just can’t run the big bore and stage two cams I think I might try stock or stage one cams with the big bore