Xratt

Project xr350r motor

I just found a non running 1984 XR350r for sale. They are asking $350. I would like to swap this motor into a smaller bike. But, is this motor worth the effort?? The owner has never seen it run...

Look over in the XR250R/xr400r forum. There are numerous threads from guys wanting to rebuild xr350's. 

If I'm remembering right, most have said it's an expensive engine to rebuild, and hard to find parts for, if you're even able to. Kinda like the RFVC 200 motors. 

I bought my '90 XR200R for $300, and after an engine rebuild, and full suspension rebuild including springs and rod modifications, and various other parts, altogether I'm into it for around $1,800 now.

It might sound like a good deal, and it might be an easy fix to get it running, but it might be costly as well. It all comes down to how much you're willing to take on. 

I wouldn’t choose an XR350 engine if you didn’t have to. As previously stated, it’s extremely difficult to find parts for so I would avoid it. I rebuilt my 1985 XR350 and I spent $2000 just on the engine and I did all the work myself.