Aussie XR650R Stator Rating

Same as all UK/EU spec bikes....74 watts....why do you thing your's would be different ?

I don’t think mine is different in no way, I’ve just had that many claims with all different ratings I don’t know what to believe. Have you got anything from Honda to support the 74w cause I had another guy that swore black and blue the standard is rated to 150w.

Not trying to say anyone is not telling the truth, I’ll just believe something that’s evidence from Honda.

Thanks.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much.

Hi Lads

Is that 74w at a certain rpm....

I just put a TT radiator fan (claimed to draw 30w) on my xr650r with its power source being the headlight highbeam wire...and can’t get the fan to turn.

It is working when i hook it up to and old 12V car battery...

Is there another high power source wire i should be connecting to or am i at the limits of the stock stator.

Cheers, did alot of googling in the last 24hrs and found a fix....

Went to an electronics store and bought a “bridge rectifier” to convert the headlights AC to DC for the rad fan...

I used the headlights Low beam feed to power in the AC to the rectifier and hence the low beam doubles as my fans on switch and the Hi beam as its off switch.

As you know the stock headlight is pissweek...I always have Hi beam on....

So when I’m stopped I just put the headlight to Low beam and the fan comes on....

Nice fix without running another on/off switch...

IMG_8378.thumb.JPG.bc29c870e25b1707b7ee88754a02149a.JPG

Are you not 2 wrires short ?, I use the same unit once a year to power a buzzer for my MOT test....this works on DC only but my US spec bike only has AC, I use the kill switch as the buzzer/horn switch lol....only needed for a couple of seconds once a year, after test it's removed and back to basics for my piggy.

In the photo the wires as follows...

AC in feed - red being the Lo beam headlight feed...

Black being the ground-earth AC from bikes headlight....

The other tabs without wires attached are the DC + and - out output...which the rad fan is connected to...

Pretty simple really.