miroki12

Another carb question fcr mx41

Hey guys,

So I found this spring where my needle sits in the carriage. I cannot seem to find the same spring anywhere in any of the diagrams that I have seen for any of the fcr carb's. Does this even belong on my carb? Also is it oriented the right direction?

IMG_20181006_071154.jpg

IMG_20181006_071221.jpg

Edited by miroki12
Corrections

3 minutes ago, miroki12 said:

Hey guys,

So I found this spring where my needle sits in the carriage. I cannot seem to find the same spring anywhere in any of the diagrams that I have seen for any of the fcr carb's. Does this even belong on my carb? Also is it oriented the right direction?

IMG_20181006_071154.jpg

IMG_20181006_071221.jpg

Also the airbox side the peice covering the air jets. What is it called and can I get a new one? Mine is bent possibly causing issue?

15388365844868050892953909482432.jpg

The spring is normally attached to the set screw that holds the needle down but yes, it's supposed to be there.

The bent piece is the bell adapter. You could try bending it back but it may break off. Is it still round where the boot seals?

5 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The spring is normally attached to the set screw that holds the needle down but yes, it's supposed to be there.

The bent piece is the bell adapter. You could try bending it back but it may break off. Is it still round where the boot seals?

So the order is set screw spring needle, yet Wich way? Does it matter which side the brass head of the spring touches and which side the spring touches as far as the screw in the needle?

And for the bent Bell, pictures to follow, it is bent half way down. From the pencil mark down looks round still

15388374545242294549943596841893.jpg

So the order is set screw spring needle, yet Wich way? Does it matter which side the brass head of the spring touches and which side the spring touches as far as the screw in the needle?

And for the bent Bell, pictures to follow, it is bent half way down. From the pencil mark down looks round still
15388374545242294549943596841893.thumb.jpg.5fd9576bb5b39831bfcd1bfd0fa3cf18.jpg
The set screw should look like this. I didn't realize where your spring was glancing at the photo the 1st time, it actually ran like that?

What airboot do you have? If it is the S/SM boot replace with a Sudco 021-216 adapter.

Screenshot_20181006-105813.jpeg
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The set screw should look like this. I didn't realize where your spring was glancing at the photo the 1st time, it actually ran like that?

What airboot do you have? If it is the S/SM boot replace with a Sudco 021-216 adapter.

Screenshot_20181006-105813.jpeg

no, no good sir it did not run like that which is why I am going through everything from our wonderful buddy that sells pretty to look at door stops...

The boot between the carb and the air box? Not sure how do i tell?

The spring is there to provide pressure against the needle to keep it seated, without having to have a plug that fits perfectly against the top of the needle. Without the spring in place the needle will float in its height position in the jet...Not good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Erik Marquez said:

The spring is there to provide pressure against the needle to keep it seated, without having to have a plug that fits perfectly against the top of the needle. Without the spring in place the needle will float in its height position in the jet...Not good.

Yeah I got that concept. Any info about the air boot? 

Also does anyone have a good video or instructions on how to check to make sure my accelerator pump and diaphragm and everything is timed right for this MX 41 mm? I have the O-ring mod done but other than that I am searching for additional information

2 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Right is S/SM, left is and E/Kicker. I have to imagine you have an S/SM airboot judging by the taper on your adapter.

Helps when you attach the picture...Screenshot_20181006-132519.jpeg

I will go take a picture of it right. I do not think it is the one on the right I have a hose coming out of the top

2 hours ago, miroki12 said:

Also does anyone have a good video or instructions on how to check to make sure my accelerator pump and diaphragm and everything is timed right for this MX 41 mm? I have the O-ring mod done but other than that I am searching for additional information

Here you go....

https://youtu.be/8SNGm3tcQVY

3 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:
3 hours ago, miroki12 said:
I will go take a picture of it right. I do not think it is the one on the right I have a hose coming out of the top

It's likely a S/SM. Does the hose connect to the black oil box ?

Yes correct 

Hey guys I'm back sorry it's been a while. Does it matter if the bellhousing on my carb is plastic or some form of bullshittery like that. It sure is not metal or it's metal that's been coated in plastic not sure. I'm trying to eliminate all possibilities of an air leak

I swapped my OBDXP for an OCEMN today and my carb didnt have this spring at all . " EDIT " I checked the sudco PDF for the FCR horizontal and it doesnt have a spring or retainer only on the MX . I bought the MX when I had my SM and was pretty certain that had no spring also , greg

Edited by hinksy

Hey guys I'm back sorry it's been a while. Does it matter if the bellhousing on my carb is plastic or some form of bullshittery like that. It sure is not metal or it's metal that's been coated in plastic not sure. I'm trying to eliminate all possibilities of an air leak

What are you using and where did you get it?

I think the adapter I used on the slant was some sort of composite. Pretty sure it was a Yamaha part off the YZ400F.

The adapter I have now is aluminum. It cam with the TT kit. Pretty sure it is just a Sudco 021-216.

7 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

What are you using and where did you get it?

I think the adapter I used on the slant was some sort of composite. Pretty sure it was a Yamaha part off the YZ400F.

The adapter I have now is aluminum. It cam with the TT kit. Pretty sure it is just a Sudco 021-216.

It came on the carb I'm not sure what one it is. If they're not too expensive I can easily order a new one

Edited by miroki12

So I've gone through everything for the most part through my 41 MX carb I believe it's a 41 MX. The accelerator pump squirts for 2 to 3 seconds how do I shorten this I have a boyesen quickshot accelerator pump bowl or cover.

15446502286093107696241777677253.jpg

So I've gone through everything for the most part through my 41 MX carb I believe it's a 41 MX. The accelerator pump squirts for 2 to 3 seconds how do I shorten this I have a boyesen quickshot accelerator pump bowl or cover.
15446502286093107696241777677253.thumb.jpg.063eb9ee5122e78e7e6e641c59795f33.jpg
It's a 41. I can tell just by looking how the intake side is bored in your other post. 39mm are bored offset favouring the bottom. 37s even more so.

Example of 39 top vs 41 bottom.
Screenshot_20181212-201103.jpegScreenshot_20181212-201146.jpeg