newmexico Grants NM

Probably going to Grants around the first of the year.....might be there year 'round for the foreseeable future. Any decent riding there? Any off road MC groups or clubs I could join? Please educate me on what to expect and where to find information. Thank you in advance. 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, cubera said:

Probably going to Grants around the first of the year.....might be there year 'round for the foreseeable future. Any decent riding there?

Lot of DS in the Zunis and Mount Taylor. Not much singletrack. 

Here are my notes on the area: http://bit.ly/2xvImMy

• Like 1

Keep your bike and stuff under lock and key. Stealing things seems to be the local pastime. Lots of great riding up around and on the other side of Mt. Taylor though.

23 hours ago, cubera said:

Thank you, RedMesa! I'll browse all you've linked over time. Very helpful!

Happy to help!

Funny thing related to Nobade comment... I left sandals outside my RV and music playing inside to give the appearance someone was there. Went mountain biking. Came back and sandals were stolen. But they did not mess with the moto and gas cans on the back.

It is a struggling town.

20 hours ago, nobade said:

Keep your bike and stuff under lock and key. Stealing things seems to be the local pastime. Lots of great riding up around and on the other side of Mt. Taylor though.

Seems odd there would be so much theft since NM has the slackest gun laws in the country.....but I digress😎 It is an exceedingly poor area and for sure poverty drives crime. I just want to go ride my dirt bike in peace. What side of Mt. Taylor is best?

I'd say the north side, but from what I've seen it's all good looking and nice to ride on. Red Mesa's notes will be valuable to you, as is the forest service map. I also recommend Locus Pro or something similar on your phone, it sure gives you peace of mind to know you can always find your way out.