motonuthouse

diffrent tyre sizes

hey guys i was wondering since my rear wheel is a 21" and has a tyre which is 140/80 18 will other tyre sizes fit or not like car tyres u can sometimes fit different sizes on a wheel, sorry if its not to clear but im just curious if my 21" wheel can accommodate other tyre size

Wait what?

Your rear wheel should be an 18", not a 21".

I run a 130/90 R18 rear tire, so yes. Search for tire sizes on here and you'll find what options are available.

sorry Revlec i got confused haha yea my rear tyre is a 140/80 18 where as my front tyre is a 21"

so a 130/90 R18 will fit on an 18" rear rim ?

There are quite a few options for tire (tyre) sizes that will fit both front and rear wheels (18 inch and 21 inch).  If you post what size you would like to use, we can tell you if it is OK to use.  Also say if it is a street tire or off-road tire.  For street you should stay closer to the original sizes.

thank you for that noble :) its just my rear tyre as im in the UK it has to be eaither E marked or MST so it will pass an mot but the tyre size that come with this bike is a 140/80 18

A 140/80-18 is a large tire for the DRZ400 rear wheel.  OK if it is an off road knobby tread but too big for a street tire. A street oriented tire should be no bigger than 120/80-18 to preserve the profile of the tire for good handling.

• Helpful 1