riverside21

A little help with an xr200r rear spring

So the other day I notice that the rear shock spring on our 1994 xr200r had cracked and separated about 2 coils from the top.  No big I thought....just go on Ebay and pick something.  Well, after a few days of looking I can't find ANYTHING used or aftermarket!  The stock Honda spring #52401-KT0-691 is "no longer available".  Can anybody lead me in the right direction to get a replacement spring for this bike??

Thanks in advance.

94 is the short travel shock, why not buy a complete shock with spring, 93-02 are the same.

These ones (complete shock) are available in Australia and New Zealand new they are supposed to be OK, certainly cheaper than a genuine honda one out here at least

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacement-Shock-Absorber-Honda-XR200R-1986-to-2002/273349478673?epid=12021337212&hash=item3fa4e60911:g:qS8AAOSwDn5bRXRx

https://www.bits4bikes.co.nz/View-A-Product/Id/21328

6 hours ago, Chuck. said:

94 is the short travel shock, why not buy a complete shock with spring, 93-02 are the same.

I'm not really finding anything on Ebay, unless I'm not searching right. Any aftermarket shocks you know of??

I still have the stock spring off my '90 XR200R I could sell ya. I'm currently working out of town and don't have the spring to measure so I don't know the length difference between the pre and post '91 springs. Someone else might have those numbers 

Don't know about any aftermarket shocks, never seen one. The '93+ XR200R had short travel suspension, so if you change the rear shock out to anything besides '93-'02, you'll change the geometry of the bike, which will affect maneuverability/steering