Jump to content
Ben500RR-S

I have loved the Beta 500 RR-S, but I'll admit it, I'm going to . . .

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 . . . get a 2019 Alta Redshift EXR.  

The Beta will become either my dedicated snowbike, with no real need to swap it back to dirt/street, or it will be both my dedicated snowbike and then my backup triple-sport bike, in case anything should ever happen to the EXR.  

One month ago, my electric starter started acting up.  Two weeks ago, the bike went to my local dealer.  After week one of the bike being at the shop, I got to thinking that it would be nice to have another bike and all the positive reviews of the Alta Dual sports, I realized that I could get one and will be.  

I'm at the point where as my commute is only 11 miles roundtrip daily, and my weekends dirtbiking with the kids is just nowhere where the Alta's 2019 range is ever even a remote-issue, the quiet, easy to ride bike, with its 1,000 hour maintenance interval and nothing to change but, from what I read, rear-tires as I have already gone through 3 rear tires on my 2017 Beta 500 RR-S and one front tire, not needing to do anything will be liberating. 

Never mind my not needing any clutch at all because I'll be the first to admit it, the Rekluse Radius CX in my 500 RR-S is perfect, but no longer needing to hear the noise associated with an ICE-that is Internal Combustion Engine, will be so, So, SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!  No more gas stations. No more topping up other than plugging in and maybe, sometime, after seeing how it all goes, maybe bringing a generator so I can get another 10-30 miles or range by letting the bike charge for a 30 minute break.  

I am hoping that my RR-S will be ridden by either my wife as I know that she could easily ride it with the Rekluse and that someday she will even dual-sport it with me or she'll use the Alta and I'll ride the Beta-no problem, or one of my kids, as my boy will be 16 and able to ride the Beta on the road, will want the bike 8 years from now if not, whatever happens will happen.  I will NOT mind keeping it just for a dedicated snowbike as it will take a bad accident or a move to where there is no more snow to stop me from riding the snowbike in the winter as the feeling of riding the bike with a Camso DTS 129 kit is like no other feeling on this earth.  It is THE, best feeling from riding the bike, bar-none.  

Either way, my street riding days on the Beta RR-S will be numbered as I have a good feeling, as has been with all the others who have gotten themselves an Alta Redshift dual sport, I'm going to fall in love with the bike like they have.  A scooter for the trails and street, I, can't, hardly, wait.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dear diary...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding Ben. Interested to hear how you like it. 

Edited by MixinGasKickinAss
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

Dear diary...

Just kidding Ben. Interested to hear how you like it. 

You know, I love it and you are so right.  

I just typed all the voices in my head, telling me what I'm going to do and sharing it on the WWW and with Thumpertalk and all my guys at Beta.  How I had loved the Beta and am also going to get an Alta because I like quiet and I like a scooter with no gearshift and never mind a Rekluse, NO clutch at all.  

I'm glad I got the Beta RR-S 02/22/2018.  Had I not, I could and would not have been able to get a snowbike kit and have enjoyed the riding last winter and then again this upcoming one as the snowbike is mandatory for up here in New England where up north, it always snows.  

It is Saturday night and it came to me today.  Buy an Alta Redshift EXR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben500RR-S said:

 . . . get a 2019 Alta Redshift EXR.  

The Beta will become either my dedicated snowbike, with no real need to swap it back to dirt/street, or it will be both my dedicated snowbike and then my backup triple-sport bike, in case anything should ever happen to the EXR.  

One month ago, my electric starter started acting up.  Two weeks ago, the bike went to my local dealer.  After week one of the bike being at the shop, I got to thinking that it would be nice to have another bike and all the positive reviews of the Alta Dual sports, I realized that I could get one and will be.  

I'm at the point where as my commute is only 11 miles roundtrip daily, and my weekends dirtbiking with the kids is just nowhere where the Alta's 2019 range is ever even a remote-issue, the quiet, easy to ride bike, with its 1,000 hour maintenance interval and nothing to change but, from what I read, rear-tires as I have already gone through 3 rear tires on my 2017 Beta 500 RR-S and one front tire, not needing to do anything will be liberating. 

Never mind my not needing any clutch at all because I'll be the first to admit it, the Rekluse Radius CX in my 500 RR-S is perfect, but no longer needing to hear the noise associated with an ICE-that is Internal Combustion Engine, will be so, So, SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!  No more gas stations. No more topping up other than plugging in and maybe, sometime, after seeing how it all goes, maybe bringing a generator so I can get another 10-30 miles or range by letting the bike charge for a 30 minute break.  

I am hoping that my RR-S will be ridden by either my wife as I know that she could easily ride it with the Rekluse and that someday she will even dual-sport it with me or she'll use the Alta and I'll ride the Beta-no problem, or one of my kids, as my boy will be 16 and able to ride the Beta on the road, will want the bike 8 years from now if not, whatever happens will happen.  I will NOT mind keeping it just for a dedicated snowbike as it will take a bad accident or a move to where there is no more snow to stop me from riding the snowbike in the winter as the feeling of riding the bike with a Camso DTS 129 kit is like no other feeling on this earth.  It is THE, best feeling from riding the bike, bar-none.  

Either way, my street riding days on the Beta RR-S will be numbered as I have a good feeling, as has been with all the others who have gotten themselves an Alta Redshift dual sport, I'm going to fall in love with the bike like they have.  A scooter for the trails and street, I, can't, hardly, wait.  

Go getem!!!! Life is short. Be happy and get the toys you like.:thumbsup::ride:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran the Alta and the CRF450L by my brother in law and he was instantly 100% with the Alta.  

He knows that, where he lives.  If we had Alta's, we'd be able to ride everywhere and anywhere, Carte Blanche, where there was a trail or dirt road as no sound means no problem at all with riding.  Like riding horses.  One can go anywhere one would want in his neck of the woods on a horse.  I'll just have an electric horse.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I ran the Alta and the CRF450L by my brother in law and he was instantly 100% with the Alta.  

He knows that, where he lives.  If we had Alta's, we'd be able to ride everywhere and anywhere, Carte Blanche, where there was a trail or dirt road as no sound means no problem at all with riding.  Like riding horses.  One can go anywhere one would want in his neck of the woods on a horse.  I'll just have an electric horse.  

 

The alta is great and I’m happy for you. Still for me you have one of the best and most versatile motorcycles anywhere in your Beta 500 rs. That is the one bike you can do anything with. You can ride and race anything with one bike.  You can just put more gas and keep going too.. no limit on riding time without a  charge. That’s me though. Ebikes are great and getting better. How much does one run??? Price wise?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$12,500 for their dual sport.

Funny, coming from a guy who has, I can't count how many bikes you have at the bottom of your posts, but the Alta will be my 2nd bike and the Beta will be my snowbike, where I might not even take the snowbike kit off unless for some reason I might need the RR-S for something outside of winter. 

Having a dual sport that makes no sound, when I'm only now riding with my kids, will be so, so nice.  Anytime I ride the Beta-I NEVER go beyond whatever range I would get on the EXR so that will be super-nice.  

It sure is nice having a job and extra loot to buy more things.  I think this will have to be the last thing for me for a while.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

$12,500 for their dual sport.

Funny, coming from a guy who has, I can't count how many bikes you have at the bottom of your posts, but the Alta will be my 2nd bike and the Beta will be my snowbike, where I might not even take the snowbike kit off unless for some reason I might need the RR-S for something outside of winter. 

Having a dual sport that makes no sound, when I'm only now riding with my kids, will be so, so nice.  Anytime I ride the Beta-I NEVER go beyond whatever range I would get on the EXR so that will be super-nice.  

It sure is nice having a job and extra loot to buy more things.  I think this will have to be the last thing for me for a while.  

Yea a silent bike is great. On my side I got a flock of bikes but none above the 10 k price and the least paid one for maybe a total of $700. All my bikes won’t cost as much as the 2 bikes you are getting...But all that matters is you want whatever bike you want and you are getting it. Enjoy. Ive dodged the bullet a couple of times health wise and enough of my friends are gone too early. There’s no dress rehearsal. If you want it get it. I’m going to myDads house and mowing his lawn and other simple chores these past months. .Hes got all these trick toys .. bikes hotrods , harleys etc. He had a stroke and he’s bummed he can’t ride.. or drive. It can begone in a second.. Enjoy that Alta!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. I've been very tempted by the Altra, but I just think my off-road rides are too long to trust the battery to go the distance. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you, so I hope you post some updates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gullywasher said:

Cool. I've been very tempted by the Altra, but I just think my off-road rides are too long to trust the battery to go the distance. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you, so I hope you post some updates.

I've seen it posted a lot, the entire range-thing and I totally get it, some, because they have such massive areas to ride in, can't just go 15-20 miles out and then 15-20 miles back and then call it a day.  

My riding and where I live, dictates that I can do 15-20 mile loops and having had a true GPS odometer, have found that for an all-day ride, we have, at the most, ridden a total of 60 miles so at least for range I know I'll be fine and if I need more, I'll launch the Beta.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I ran the Alta and the CRF450L by my brother in law and he was instantly 100% with the Alta.  

He knows that, where he lives.  If we had Alta's, we'd be able to ride everywhere and anywhere, Carte Blanche, where there was a trail or dirt road as no sound means no problem at all with riding.  Like riding horses.  One can go anywhere one would want in his neck of the woods on a horse.  I'll just have an electric horse.  

 

You would think so but too many enviro's nuts still look at our sport with damage to the environment. In fact many of them let horses use the land and not mountain bikes. While less noise makes getting away with riding in places easier just doing it often will always leave a foot print.

1 hour ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I've seen it posted a lot, the entire range-thing and I totally get it, some, because they have such massive areas to ride in, can't just go 15-20 miles out and then 15-20 miles back and then call it a day.  

My riding and where I live, dictates that I can do 15-20 mile loops and having had a true GPS odometer, have found that for an all-day ride, we have, at the most, ridden a total of 60 miles so at least for range I know I'll be fine and if I need more, I'll launch the Beta.  

I like the fact these e-bikes are getting better. Today your range is only 60 miles but when tomorrow becomes 120+ is where you will question the decision. This will likely happen as your kids get older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least in this part of the world, as my BIL knows all the private landowners all around him, they have out and out said; "If it were not for the noise, we don't care where you ride, not one, single-bit."  They have said that the last thing they want to hear on a nice summer day is the sound of anything be it two or four stroke and anything louder than a lawnmower or piece of farm equipment is too much but if we were on e-bikes-no problem.  No sound is a big deal up this way and further up in Vermont.  

Keeping the Beta as a backup bike will be what will be the long-range Bomber.  

If only companies would make the batteries and electric motors such that we could just unbolt our engines and plug and play an entire electric motor/battery setup, I'd pay whatever they wanted for it but can understand how the current frames are not designed for the size of the battery(ies) that are needed for both the power and the range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Youre lucky to have peace and quiet like that, around here we got gunfire, carcrashes, sirens of all types, and most harley guys run loud pipes and now lately the baggers got louder stereos than lowriders, but the worst is my neighbors parrots. Theres no piece and quiet here in long beach, and I live in the good part of town. lol

But yeah you've been hinting at getting the Alta for a little while now, and you seem to think it would be a good fit for you so all I can say is good luck ben, I hope it works out for you. I totally enjoy riding the big beta on the street and off road. It's my bike of choice if you know what I mean. When Im at home I usually ride my big ripper 29" bmx bike around, so the beta usually sits too. I ride the big ripper mostly for fun but I also get a really good workout out of it, and I also get to practice other bike related skills like wheelies jumps and balance stuff, which also transfers over to the enduro bike. 

Maybe you should look into getting a big ripper to rip around town on, its a thought...

 

A few years back, my Dad got an electric bicycle and he really liked it untill a year later when the battery started dying on him, then at the tune of like 300 bucks he replaced it but for some reason it only lasted a few months before it started to die again. We were thinking that some capacitors or diodes went south or something, but we never checked. He just ended up giving it to goodwill and took the tax deduction. But it was a write-off for the commute also and being a state employee, the state paid him ride a bicycle to work mileage too. and He also kept it in his office, so no worries about it getting jacked.

I'm sure it willl work out for you, you know more about it than me. But I also gotta wonder what it will do to your electricity bill???

I'm at home sick right now, I guess I got a little bit ocean polluted last week and am nursing back to health with lots of pills and none of the good ones. I got; infected inner, middle, and outer ears on both sides, High fever, sweats, shakes, and cold all at the same time equilibrium is off and even blurred vision. it kinda sucks but i I scored some really great waves. So it was worth it. 

good luck ben...

I'll still be here goofing off and stuff

 

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livin the dream Ben, jealous here in TX. There may be an Alta in the family soon here too..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Youre lucky to have peace and quiet like that, around here we got gunfire, carcrashes, sirens of all types, and most harley guys run loud pipes and now lately the baggers got louder stereos than lowriders, but the worst is my neighbors parrots. Theres no piece and quiet here in long beach, and I live in the good part of town. lol

But yeah you've been hinting at getting the Alta for a little while now, and you seem to think it would be a good fit for you so all I can say is good luck ben, I hope it works out for you. I totally enjoy riding the big beta on the street and off road. It's my bike of choice if you know what I mean. When Im at home I usually ride my big ripper 29" bmx bike around, so the beta usually sits too. I ride the big ripper mostly for fun but I also get a really good workout out of it, and I also get to practice other bike related skills like wheelies jumps and balance stuff, which also transfers over to the enduro bike. 

Maybe you should look into getting a big ripper to rip around town on, its a thought...

 

A few years back, my Dad got an electric bicycle and he really liked it untill a year later when the battery started dying on him, then at the tune of like 300 bucks he replaced it but for some reason it only lasted a few months before it started to die again. We were thinking that some capacitors or diodes went south or something, but we never checked. He just ended up giving it to goodwill and took the tax deduction. But it was a write-off for the commute also and being a state employee, the state paid him ride a bicycle to work mileage too. and He also kept it in his office, so no worries about it getting jacked.

I'm sure it willl work out for you, you know more about it than me. But I also gotta wonder what it will do to your electricity bill???

I'm at home sick right now, I guess I got a little bit ocean polluted last week and am nursing back to health with lots of pills and none of the good ones. I got; infected inner, middle, and outer ears on both sides, High fever, sweats, shakes, and cold all at the same time equilibrium is off and even blurred vision. it kinda sucks but i I scored some really great waves. So it was worth it. 

good luck ben...

I'll still be here goofing off and stuff

 

Where are you surfing to get sick like that? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   Where are you surfing to get sick like that?                     

 

 

 

 Just the usual north orange county spots. Nothing out of the ordinary. But we had that hurricane rosa and then another one i forget the name of the storm. But the surfs been firing and its still good as theres another system rolling thru. And i think another ones on the horizon so i need to hurry up and get better quick.  

 

Last week was:

seal beach jetty 5-7’

Seal beach pier 3-5’

Anderson street/ sharkhole 4-5’

Huntington pier 5-7’

Goldenwest st 4-6’

Newport beach 56th st 4-8’

 

I got barreled soo much, i was on an all around good trip for a minute,then i almost died from the worst earches ever.

 

I also been swimming a few thousand meters at 24 hour fitness almost every weekday so it coulda been any of those things. I was also chillin with the kids in the pool at my pad jumping off the roof and riding skateboards in the pool and stuff when my little guy was partying a little too hard and ran up behind me with the hose on full and shoved it in my ear. But both of My ear canals are swole shut, i dont know.

I went to the kaiser on saturday and they gave me some cilin, eardrops, sudafed, benedryl, & tylenol and said to ice my ears.

I went dirt bike riding twice last week (w&f)at the hills of santa rosa where i cleared steel peak and all the other hills around it, not every line but all the hills. And i also met a really cute girl named d and her friend in a uhaul pickup truck and a rented bike. She was cute and had model-like features and was flirty so i flexed the guns and lifted her bike out the truck for her and fired it up first kick, she liked it! we even did a little ride around the field before me and the boys set out to find some trouble. I tried setting up my young friend that push started me back when my bike wouldnt start but he kinda geeked it, and she was already rubbed up on me, oh well next time... i also met a local there and got invited back to his pad where he showed me his backyard mx track.

and then on friday we rode lake st in elsinore where we did a bunch of hills and this one gnarley boulder trail, it was funn and Valentina was a raging thunderhorse( i accidentally left the sunny map on) but no stalls. I also did some of my best pivot turns ever. These werent practice ones on flat ground. They were in the middle of gnar sections so im kinda proud about it.

But Then I had to sit out sundays ride in phelan. I just got a message from my buds wanting to go ride copper canyon tomorrow or the next day but im at the mercy of this ear infection.

 

Also

I chopped down 5 trees in my yard and took em to the dump, so i also got some spider and other insect bites so that might have lowered my immune system a bit. Still got a few more to knock down and some bricks to rip out so i can get this house ready to be a rental.

 

I’m not complaining cuz its just part of the whole gig. You know... you win some you lose some...

 

Its actually kinda nice to just chill in the morning instead of waking up at 5 and doing the morning ritual.

 

I gotta take like a 5 or 6 pill cocktail every 8 hours.

A81A2449-C71D-45DA-AE2A-43B250AFA858.jpg.dcf8c90123ff412ffbc2427600e931bd.jpg

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.ec0464f5a7bcb4a62fda9f306540937e.JPG

 

 After i got done surfing 56th i was just chilling there in the van smoking when this older chick walked up on me and told me she was getting a divorce. Then she tried to bum a smoke off me and hopped in and we had a chill sesh just talking and cracking jokes and stuff. A little while later she texts her her husband and when he showed up and they offered to take me out to miguels in newport for dinner and then they wanted to take me and show me their house in laguna hills.

Crazy life mann

 

Like i said i was on a good one...IMG_1073.thumb.JPG.ac9ed9037bcb32d18d3a6cffbe0788c6.JPG

 Hb pier on the ride home

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surfer-dude said:

 Just the usual north orange county spots. Nothing out of the ordinary. But we had that hurricane rosa and then another one i forget the name of the storm. But the surfs been firing and its still good as theres another system rolling thru. And i think another ones on the horizon so i need to hurry up and get better quick.  Last week was:

seal beach jetty 5-7’

Seal beach pier 3-5’

Anderson street/ sharkhole 4-5’

Huntington pier 5-7’

Goldenwest st 4-6’

Newport beach 56th st 4-8’

 

I got barreled soo much, i was on an all around good trip for a minute,then i almost died from the worst earches ever.

 

I also been swimming a few thousand meters at 24 hour fitness almost every weekday so it coulda been any of those things. I was also chillin with the kids in the pool at my pad jumping off the roof and riding skateboards in the pool and stuff when my little guy was partying a little too hard and ran up behind me with the hose on full and shoved it in my ear. But both of My ear canals are swole shut, i dont know.

I went to the kaiser on saturday and they gave me some cilin, eardrops, sudafed, benedryl, & tylenol and said to ice my ears.

I went dirt bike riding twice last week (w&f)at the hills off santa rosa where i cleared steel peak and all the other hills around it, not every line but all the hills. And i also met a really cute girl named d and her friend in a uhaul pickup truck and a rented bike. She was cute and had model-like features and was flirty so i flexed the guns and lifted her bike out the truck for her and fired it up first kick, she liked it! we even did a little ride around the field before me and the boys set out to find some trouble. I tried setting up my young friend that push started me back when my bike wouldnt start but he kinda geeked it, and she was already rubbed up on me, oh well next time... and then on friday we rode lake st in elsinore where we did a bunch of hills and this one gnarley boulder trail, it was funn and Valentina was a raging thunderhorse( i accidentally left the sunny map on) but no stalls. I also did some of my best pivot turns ever. These werent practice ones on flat ground. They were in the middle of gnar sections so im kinda proud about it.

But Then I had to sit out sundays ride in phelan. I just got a message from my buds wanting to go ride copper canyon tomorrow or the next day but im at the mercy of this ear infection.

 

Also

I chopped down 5 trees in my yard and took em to the dump, so i also got some spider and other insect bites so that might have lowered my immune system a bit. Still got a few more to knock down and some bricks to rip out so i can get this house ready to be a rental.

 

I’m not complaining cuz its just part of the whole gig. You know... you win some you lose some...

 

Its actually kinda nice to just chill in the morning instead of waking up at 5 and doing the morning ritual.

 

I gotta take like a 5 or 6 pill cocktail every 8 hours.

A81A2449-C71D-45DA-AE2A-43B250AFA858.jpg.dcf8c90123ff412ffbc2427600e931bd.jpg

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.ec0464f5a7bcb4a62fda9f306540937e.JPG

 

 After i got done surfing 56th i was just chilling there in the van smoking when this older chick walked up on me and told me she was getting a divorce. Then she tried to bum a smoke off me and hopped in and we had a chill sesh just talking and cracking jokes and stuff. A little while later she texts her her husband and when he showed up and they offered to take me out to miguels in newport for dinner and then they wanted to take me and show me their house in laguna hills.

Crazy life mann emoji12.png

 

Like i said i was on a good one...IMG_1073.thumb.JPG.ac9ed9037bcb32d18d3a6cffbe0788c6.JPG

 Hb pier on the ride home

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yea crazy and entertaining.. sounds like someone was sprinkling 1970’s dust all over to flash back in time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude... yea i dunno, maybe its just the van mann.

That older broad in newport was impressed about the fullsize bed i got out back behind the tiger couch. Lol

 

Yesterday and today i didnt even get out of bed all day cept to go play some guitar for a bit.

Its kinda nice

 

Oh and last night my wife and i took a walk around the block and when we got back a pretty little white and grey blk cat was their waiting for me rolling around in my driveway so i could pet her so she followed us after i shut the driveway gate all the way to the side door and rolled on her back. So i petted her and she was purring and wanted me to pick her up so my girl got her a snack and we fed her a little and when i picked her up again she grabbed me and gave me a love bite. I got scared and almost dropped her. But instead set her on my block wall like a little statue. My wife said its a she becuase it had 3 colors. Idk...

 

I like cats i think ill watch some funny cat vids untill 11 when i gotta take the next pill cocktail

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


  • Similar Content

    • By wachterxc
      Down here in mexico, land of the miracle and home of the weird, ive seen people use the same mousse for over 2 years. They claim that though it has become softer, it remains in place and performs well. How long have you used the same mousse for? 
      Rubber side down my guys,
      Saludos,
    • By AtlasEnduro
      I am pretty sure my buddy posts here, FX! I have lurked for a couple years. You all have answered so many questions via search, since I started riding. So thank you!
      I really hope you enjoy this video. I plan to be active here, making an account was the hardest part... 😛
    • By JWellz
      Anyone have any unbiased opinion if they were buying a new dual sport.   Would you go with the new Honda CRF450L or the Beta 430rrs?   Why
    • By hawaiidirtrider
      I just noticed that Matteo Cavallo’s bike has a kicker and estart like how Holcombe runs..
      I guess lightest bikes aren’t everything. 
       
       
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      As the title suggests, I've been debating the idea of throwing in a high compression piston. It will bump the compression in my 2014 KTM 350 XC-F from 13.5:1 to 14:1. First and foremost my main question is, because I live under 1000 ft and usually run 97 octane REC gas, will I have to change the fuel I run or not? Also, will I have to change out the cams to aftermarket and re-time the whole motor and ignition? I guess I really don't know what to expect so any advice will definitely help! Attached below is a photo of the bike I plan on putting it in.  

×