Ben500RR-S

I have loved the Beta 500 RR-S, but I'll admit it, I'm going to . . .

I'm glad that while I had the chance to buy an EXR last Friday/Saturday, I decided to hold off as I did not want to have two dual sports at this time.  I'm thrilled that I didn't get it.  

I'll wait and see how it all shakes out as it is a shock that they have ceased/suspended operations.  

I'm going to stick with, and love my Beta even more.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I'm glad that while I had the chance to buy an EXR last Friday/Saturday, I decided to hold off as I did not want to have two dual sports at this time.  I'm thrilled that I didn't get it.  

I'll wait and see how it all shakes out as it is a shock that they have ceased/suspended operations.  

I'm going to stick with, and love my Beta even more.  

You may have dodged a huge bullit! 

• Like 2

I feel like I did although, I'm sure the bike would have been great, until it needed some sort of firmware upgrade/update or something like that.  

All is not lost for all those owners though.  There is a chance that investors/those with money could step in and get things going again, provided there is a path towards profitability down the road.  

Imagine the angst amongst all the Alta owners right now?  It has to be at Redline right now.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I feel like I did although, I'm sure the bike would have been great, until it needed some sort of firmware upgrade/update or something like that.  

All is not lost for all those owners though.  There is a chance that investors/those with money could step in and get things going again, provided there is a path towards profitability down the road.  

Imagine the angst amongst all the Alta owners right now?  It has to be at Redline right now.  

Yes, absolutely. Nerve racking for sure for current Alta owners. Watched this play out several years ago with GasGas when they went through their financial problems. Lots of nervous GasGas owners then as well. 

• Like 2

Every time I twist my throttle, fill up from either the gas station or my fuel cans, change the engine and x-mission oils and air filter, I will love all of it from here on out than have a bike with no more support because it may have gone under.  

I got to ride to work this morning and I'm looking forward to riding home, all 5.5 miles through secondary city streets=nice.  Not owning or having a loan on an Alta Redshift EXR-priceless.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, firffighter said:

Yes, absolutely. Nerve racking for sure for current Alta owners. Watched this play out several years ago with GasGas when they went through their financial problems. Lots of nervous GasGas owners then as well. 

Yea that did it for me with Gasgas. Im glad they’re back though but I’ll hang back and watch gasgas as a company for a while. Bikes looking pretty good considering. Still they look too much like ktm but the same guy designed ktm. An over hundred year old company that is solid is a better way to go in Beta. The same went for Cagiva Husky before and Ossa. No one heard anything about Alta. That would suck to spend over 12 grand and this happens. Who knows. Maybe an invesor will jump in. Who knows?? Maybe Torrot? They are an ebike company.. That would be interesting. It’s all about the money too.. I was waiting on Honda when I had my 2 stroke cr 250. Oh well I didn’t lose on that bike though. 2 strokes just never came back for honda. I was going to buy ktm 300 estart from 2009 then went to thinking I’d get an estart gasgas 300 then went to Beta 300 estart. All decent bikes but Beta is best overall from where I’m standing.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Torrot just bought GasGas so they will need a couple years before jumping onto another acquisition. That being said, if the price is right, there is a possible opportunity.

I was so happy to have gotten my bike back this past Tuesday, rode to work Thursday as my boy was sick both Tuesday and Wednesday, then today I used a vacation day to go and ride with a guy I met on a CanAm 850 quad.  Today's ride, and how incredible of a bike the 2017 500 RR-S made the three week wait worth it as the bike started perfectly and easily all day today and ran just like it always has, great.  

If there was one thing that I noticed it is how well the Rekluse Radius CX works in the tight, hilly mostly quad trails though I will say, quad trails are pretty ok as the outside wheel is always banked/bermed and there is almost always nothing in both of the quad-gully's as they do a good job at keeping all the stuff outside of their own tire lines.  The Rekluse just makes riding the bike so, so easy and coupled with the FI of the RR-S, which now that I have some 3,200 miles on the bike and the motor is loosening up, things just keep on getting better and better with this bike and it makes me NOT want any other bike.  

I was pretty fed-up with waiting for the bike but as some had mentioned, all I needed to do was to wait for my bike to get back to me and I'd forget all about wanting or needing another bike, especially a CRF 450L.  G2 Quick Turn Throttle along with a Jimmy Twister ball bearing insert, Rekluse Radius CX, and this, bike, rocks.  

I could not not care any less about Alta.  If they continue, if someone else makes an even better dual sport down the road, I know I'll have one but for now, after a flawless ride in the trails today, the 500 RR-S is still the best dual sport out there.  

• Like 1