So what's your take on it all

so my take is that the USA lost this race in the qualifiers.

Eli was in second place on whatever that track was, and ahead of Herlings when is bike let go.

Plessinger was also way up front when he lost control over a jump, and if it was not for a great ride from Barcia, team USA would have been in the B final.. !!

But the result was next to last gate pick...! with Eli starting way out-side (and we all know about his starts) our chances were next to none from the start. As the track was one lined and hard to pass on.

Net result...Tomac's bike, and Plessinger's exuberance, was much more than Barcia could cover.

• Like 1

the way of many is even more

So many want to believe that the Americans are considerably slower than the Euros.

I am confident this is a stretch

Making sweeping judgments on a one off race is self serving propaganda at best

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lowmass said:

the way of many is even more

So many want to believe that the Americans are considerably slower than the Euros.

I am confident this is a stretch

I'm confidant that you're a fool if you can't see that Jeff is faster than Eli ?

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, daled said:

Eli was in second place on whatever that track was, and ahead of Herlings when is bike let go.

Plessinger was also way up front when he lost control over a jump, and if it was not for a great ride from Barcia, team USA would have been in the B final.. !!

But the result was next to last gate pick...! with Eli starting way out-side (and we all know about his starts) our chances were next to none from the start. As the track was one lined and hard to pass on.

Net result...Tomac's bike, and Plessinger's exuberance, was much more than Barcia could cover.

Plenty of other riders came back from bad starts and moved ahead more than our guys did. . Eli and Barcia both put on a bit of a charge but really once they hit mid-pack made little to no progress. Like I said before, no matter what excuse people may have, you need to get it done. That's all there is to it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EF5 said:

I think Herlings is the fastest MX rider currently.  I also believe if he were to race here he would win supercross races. He is one of the McGrath's, Carmichael's, Stewart's, Cairolli's, Villopoto's, Evert's, and so on. 

McGrath and MX? The guy is not even one of the top 5 MX riders here. The guy made MX less important here...

Edited by Cigaro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Theres no way there is that much distance between us

Totally agree.  Tomac racing a full season in the GP's is a threat for the title.  Herlings racing a full year over here is lucky to even qualify for every supercross (and likely doesn't make it out uninjured), but would be a threat for the outdoor title if he wasn't in the ER.

My take:  ET does better in Europe for a year than Herlings does over here for a year.  It's not even close.

• Like 1

Hate to state the obvious but you may not know ? Herlings came from last place ,had 1 minute in the pit area for bike work ,then came out and almost caught tomac before the end of the 15 minute race ,can you imagine how much faster he was than tomac to do that ? Over a minute down to almost catch him in 13 minutes
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

Totally agree.  Tomac racing a full season in the GP's is a threat for the title.  Herlings racing a full year over here is lucky to even qualify for every supercross (and likely doesn't make it out uninjured), but would be a threat for the outdoor title if he wasn't in the ER.

My take:  ET does better in Europe for a year than Herlings does over here for a year.  It's not even close.

This is closer to the truth

Too many are making too much of a one off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mog said:
27 minutes ago, daled said:

Read more  

Hate to state the obvious but you may not know ? Herlings came from last place ,had 1 minute in the pit area for bike work ,then came out and almost caught tomac before the end of the 15 minute race ,can you imagine how much faster he was than tomac to do that ? Over a minute down to almost catch him in 13 minutes

Do U really believe that JH is this much faster than ET?