2018 BETA 300 RACE EDITION SUSPENSION SETTINGS

Does anyone have any base settings for the 2018 300 race edition did my first race on it yesterday and what a bike so much better than the te300i i still have, the beta is very light and accurate through the woods but the problem i had was on the open sections braking from 5th and 6th gear into a corner on the braking bumps the bike was kicking up almost uncontrolably so if anyone is actually racing one of these help would be appreciated not interested in trail settings just race setings im 182 lbs without kit.The cheap ass cd that beta call a manual was no help because it only covers the basic model...

1 hour ago, adamsavage said:

Does anyone have any base settings for the 2018 300 race edition did my first race on it yesterday and what a bike so much better than the te300i i still have, the beta is very light and accurate through the woods but the problem i had was on the open sections braking from 5th and 6th gear into a corner on the braking bumps the bike was kicking up almost uncontrolably so if anyone is actually racing one of these help would be appreciated not interested in trail settings just race setings im 182 lbs without kit.The cheap ass cd that beta call a manual was no help because it only covers the basic model...

All the manuals for all the bikes are available free in the support section of the betausa website. 

thanks for the reply just had a look at the beta usa website and every thing comes up in italian with no translate option and if you go by the settings on the standard bike the adjusters are nearly fully screwed out rang the shop i bought it from and might as well have rang macdonalds ie no help at all..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, adamsavage said:

thanks for the reply just had a look at the beta usa website and every thing comes up in italian with no translate option and if you go by the settings on the standard bike the adjusters are nearly fully screwed out rang the shop i bought it from and might as well have rang macdonalds ie no help at all..

The manual is there in English for your bike just as you described. A 2018 race edition 2 stroke 300 right? 

https://betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/RR%20and%20RR-S%20Owners%20Manuals/2018%20250-300%20RR%202-Stroke-standard%20%26%20race-WEB2.pdf

thanks for your help hawaiidirtrider so going by the manual it looks like the suspension settings are the same for the race and standard models would you agree with this.i would still be interested in people who are racing the race edition what settings they are using,also yesterday a couple of times the throttle was if it was stuck open bit heart stopping i can tell you the not so helpful shop suggested water had got into the slide any proper suggestions...

10 hours ago, adamsavage said:

back up the high speed compression on the rear 2 clicks

Yeah like the kran said, you probly need less hi speed compression, so back it out a couple clicks

any time I have suspension issues I revert back to my suspension guys cheat sheet:
http://www.tootechracing.com/suspension-set-up-help.shtml

The other day I went all the way in on everything and backed it out as necessary, and I ended up with settings almost exactly like the set up I got from from these cheat sheets but with a lot more guessing and screw turning. 

Now Im set up for some good hard enduro riding, the only thing is, I think I'd like a bit more oil in the forks. but I'm still learning...

thanks for all the replys i will look into it just could not believe how unhelpful the supplying dealer was not rude just vague answers as if uninterested.once i have got the handling sorted next job will be a race loom and after xmas a bigger fuel tank so i can do a 3hr race without stopping...

Was the rear swapping side-to-side?  Maybe you need to add compression.  Anytime I hear someone complaining of the rear kicking up my first thought is not enough compression.  Bass ackwards from most people's thoughts I know.  I've noticed on mine the hs is very sensitive and by going out the rear will drop.  We're about the same weight and I have my sag at 95mm.  Depending on terrain I may adjust a turn one way or another but most of the time it stays at 95.  Anytime I hear someone complaining of the rear kicking up my first thought is not enough compression.  Motoxgiant is good with the Beta's maybe he will chime in.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:16 AM, adamsavage said:

Rear wheel control:

Packing: too much rebound, and the rear wheel does not 'release' fast enough, restricting travel, causing hopping

Pogoing : too little compression and rebound, causing the wheel to move faster than is needed, causing hopping, often side to side

Bottoming: compression is lost, rebound is fine. Will cause hopping, usually side to side

Skipping:  Rebound is too high, high speed compression is too high, low speed compression has been mistakenly backed of to compensate. You can actually hear the wheel skip and bounce at medium to lower speeds. Low shaft speed is too fast, High shaft speed is too slow.

Loss of uphill traction : high speed is too high, back it off till you can climb anything, then try some whoops to check for bottoming

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adamsavage said:

thanks for all the replys i will look into it just could not believe how unhelpful the supplying dealer was not rude just vague answers as if uninterested.once i have got the handling sorted next job will be a race loom and after xmas a bigger fuel tank so i can do a 3hr race without stopping...

You might not need a bigger tank. After I adjusted my float level my stock tank was good enough as the mileage was improved. I was still going to put a bigger tank anyway but stock is a whole lot cheaper and it keeps the bike a little slimmer. You can always add the tank later. I ended up not needing it for my 2015 300 rr

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1