YZ2Smoker98

Why did my post move.

Question

4 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, YZ2Smoker98 said:

Just posted general discussion about a stolen bike. Moved to Northeast Discussion. Why.

Probably because that’s where you are from and people might be able to help. 

Your post was moved for several reasons.

You already made a post about the theft (in the General section) and it was moved to the NE section because (as Pipester stated) it would get better exposure. Then you created a second post on the same subject also in the General section, so it was moved to the NE section (it probably should be merged with your first one.) Then you made this thread in General is it was moved here, to 'Site Usage'.

• Helpful 1

The main job of a moderator is to keep the forums in order so that they are not just a mishmash of unrelated stuff (along with shutting down the stupidity, which is often necessary on the internet).  The mods here generally do a good job of that. ;)

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

23 minutes ago, William1 said:

Your post was moved for several reasons.

You already made a post about the theft (in the General section) and it was moved to the NE section because (as Pipester stated) it would get better exposure. Then you created a second post on the same subject also in the General section, so it was moved to the NE section (it probably should be merged with your first one.) Then you made this thread in General is it was moved here, to 'Site Usage'.

Thx William. TT would be a mess if we didn't actively and selective move topics to the correct or best suited section of the site. It's really an important part of running a forum. I can only imagine what the place would look like without a bit of selective clean-up.

@YZ2Smoker98 I hope you get your ride back soon and as they took it. Thieves... :rant: