2013 Husqvarna CR125 Maintenance Advice

14 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

I like the red fender. From a Beta?

What advice would you like? Looks like the fuel tank is from a WR125?

Unfortunately I have no idea, I bought it 3 days ago so I’m trying to learn more about it as quick as possible. Was just looking for general maintenance advice for the engine/pre-mix ratio/little tips & tricks & any general knowledge about these bikes. Just wanting to learn more about it.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, dorilabo said:

Unfortunately I have no idea, I bought it 3 days ago so I’m trying to learn more about it as quick as possible. Was just looking for general maintenance advice for the engine/pre-mix ratio/little tips & tricks & any general knowledge about these bikes. Just wanting to learn more about it.

Thanks.

They're known to be particularly reliable. Popular mods for more power were the WB165 and 177cc kits along with fitment of a KTM 200 pipe. Look at Cafe Husky for more information on that.

If you ride it really slow then 40:1 but if you ride it like a typical 125 in open terrain, 32:1. Drain transmission oil every 16 hours if light trail riding, half that if constant aggressive hard riding. 650 ml I believe is the oil capacity. I'd flush out old brake fluid unless you know it has been done recently; same with coolant. I'd also replace the piston unless you know it too has been recently replaced. Remove ignition cover, grab ahold of flywheel, if it does not move up or down then the crank bearings are OK. Next up would be full chassis bearing service or replacement unless known to have been done recently.

However, bike appears to be low hours overall but I'd still replace coolant, brake fluid, top end and possibly suspension fluid and seals.

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

Does it run? Start easy and idle? Make sure it's not running lean before you twist her tail.

I've got the same bike, but as a 165 and agree with shrub. They're very reliable and fun bike, even better as a 150 or 165.

IMO, the stock carb sucks. It can be made to work, but it's way too picky about elevation and weather changes. There's a huge jetting thread at cafe husky.

There's a sight glass on the clutch cover, add oil until it covers 3/4 of glass. I use full synthetic and change it every race or 10 hours.

All the stock fluids should be replaced asap, if they haven't been already.

It really depends on the history of the bike and what type of riding you do.