jamracing

Yes, Another 6x12 Moto/Camping Trailer

OK, a few weeks into the buildout, and I have lighting (80 LED's, separated into "kitchen" lights and main cabin), ceiling insulation, v-nose counter top and smaller shelf, and most of the electrical system. Paint is also mostly done.

Window came in and will be installed this week as well.

Still need to be done - find where to put the two 10 foot e-tracks (or cut up into smaller sections), solar panel setup, queen size bed placement (and design), sink, and bike chock placement (side by side or ass to ass).IMG_6741.JPGIMG_6738.JPGIMG_6644.JPG

• Like 2

I would install the battery in a marine style plastic battery box with a covered top,

mainly to protect the terminals from getting shorted in the event something metallic gets loose in the trailer while travelling.

• Like 1

I would install the battery in a marine style plastic battery box with a covered top,
mainly to protect the terminals from getting shorted in the event something metallic gets loose in the trailer while travelling.
Great suggestion. Actually if a lead acid battery is used in living quarters. It is supposed to be in enclosed container, vented, & drain to outside.
Screenshot_20181019-195626.jpeg
  • Like 1

Good job. I'm very interested in camping in an enclosed trailer. I rented a toy hauler and it costed an arm and a leg for gas.

So when I decided to mount the battery inside the camper, it was after consulting a few people. I was worried about any noxious fumes, but after speaking to them, I'm not worried. This is actually stage 1, with stage two being two larger batteries with a partition and vent.

subbed. Interested to follow your build.

I haven't taken the plunge of cutting into my trailer yet!

So when I decided to mount the battery inside the camper, it was after consulting a few people. I was worried about any noxious fumes, but after speaking to them, I'm not worried. This is actually stage 1, with stage two being two larger batteries with a partition and vent.
They must not like you.
It's not that costly to be safe and sure.

They must not like you.
It's not that costly to be safe and sure.

The only time a battery is unsafe in the trailer is during an active charge. Not too worried, but may eventually move it out

How much room from the end of the beds to the end of the trailer? How will you get up without stepping on each other? How will you get dressed, etc without one of those beds being put up? What kind of pad will be used, doesn't look like enough room when the beds are folded up?

From what I can see, there's at least the width of the side door between the bed/tables and the front counter.

Bottom line - everything worked great on the maiden run!
Unloaded the bikes upon arrival and reorganized the boxes to fit humans properly.
Immediately fired up the gas heater cause under 30 degrees sucks.
Several beers, steak and beans later, we dropped both bed sides down, and fit two single mattresses.
heater ran out of gas around 3 am, so it was a cold ass wakeup, so next time I'll connect the big propane tank
only gripe is that the car (2018 vw Atlas) suffered in the fuel department...13 mpg on average IMG_6960.JPGIMG_6963.JPGCB2236FD-DC31-431E-A1C7-F2BF0848AA6C.jpgIMG_6971.JPG

• Like 5