Will any US be willing to ride 2019 MXON at Assen

With many, Decoster included, saying the US riders couldn't be competitive on a deep sandy and or tad wet track who do you think would step up to Assen next year? More akin to Lommel, although not quite as deep, the memory of being lapped last time they visited a deep sand track might be rekindled. Tbh I think Barcia is the only rider who might possibly not be lapped, providing it stays dry. He would probably be one of those that would actually go. Who else do think might bite the bullet?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MANIAC998 said:

I’m willing to guess that BamBam, Osbourne, and Plessinger would go.

Osborne is obviously not eligible to ride a 250 in the GPs, so I'd assume he's not eligible in the MXoN either?  I wished he had not gotten injured and had been on the team.  We needed fire, and he's rides with pride.  In similar conditions last year he went 10-3.  I'd have loved that score this year.

In the video, Barcia said something about a mechanical in moto 3, but I haven't read anything about that.  I wonder what happened there?  He was definitely off.  His slowest lap time in his qualifying heat was 2.11.9 on his last lap, and he had 7 laps slower than 2:14 in moto 3, with a 2:17 and 2:18.

• Like 1

I'll &%$#@!ing race for us! Sure I'm 47, no "pro" license, just a lonely old amateur Hare and Hound racer from time to time.... Sure I'd get dead last.....but at least my balls have dropped and I could really use a European vacation to the Netherlands!

Plus..... I'd get Herlings drunk off his ass the night before with hookers! ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

There will never be a shortage of guys that want to go. Maybe the fastest among them won’t want to go but if their hearts aren’t in it they won’t win anyway 

We need teams like the Puerto Rico guys. They wanted to be there and they were having fun

• Like 1

I think eli is our best sand rider,he always is fast at southwick our only true sand track.  We'll see if Zach-O can make it through a full sched SX season unscathed.  One things for sure we wont see a repeat of the current team.  Maybe covington since he's actually use to GP style tracks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

I'll &%$#@!ing race for us! Sure I'm 47, no "pro" license, just a lonely old amateur Hare and Hound racer from time to time.... Sure I'd get dead last.....but at least my balls have dropped and I could really use a European vacation to the Netherlands!

Plus..... I'd get Herlings drunk off his ass the night before with hookers! ???

I want to team up with Mongo!!!!:ride:

• Like 1

Some interesting ideas. Covington is not a winning rider in sand but better than you had this year and knows what to expect. Osbourne certainly rides with heart but still not a standout sand rider. Anyone seen him on a 450 especially in those conditions? Redemption for Tomac? If he struggled at Red Bud I think he will know the result at Assen will be far worse and he's not been that willing in the past anyway. Plessinger might take the same view as Tomac as being embarrassed hits your confidence. JA I'm sure will at least give it 100% and probably be willing to go. So it looks like Osborne, Covington, Anderson, Barcia. I'm not sure any of those will be eligible to ride a 250 so still need another option. Any youngsters you think might be up for it?

• Like 1