Arrowhead IHA6017 cdi box

Has anybody purchased/used one of these Arrowhead IHA6017 cdi boxes??  I tried 2 different ones of these on a 1987 and 1994 XR200R, and the bikes won't even start.  Bikes just pop and backfire, had to put the old cdi's back on.  I noticed when I ordered the boxes they stated "advance ignition curves" in the specs.  The box is also much bigger than the stocker and won't fit in the rubber mount.  I didn't mess with moving around the timing to try and get these to work....I just sent them back.  

Just now, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Reviews seem to be hit and miss

Well the two I got were definitely a miss!  

Since the xr200 has mechanical timing advance, I doubt a box like this will ever work properly. 

I learned not to swap CDI's around on my 200. 

When I bought it the bike had one of those Ebay Chinese blue anodized CDI's on it. I thought I could use the CDI from the '85 parts bike I have, so I tried it. Bike started a few times but didn't wanna stay running. 

After finding a post in here, Chuck had stated not to ever use CDI from a 4 valve motor on a 2 valve motor. So I pulled the one off my '86 parts bike, put it in, cleaned the carb, and the sonofabitch starts and runs with no problem now.