I have a few 2018/19-tx/te 300?

2 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Im not so sure the tpi will get you more money or not. Ì think it will if you keep a documented maintenance log. I heard you're supposed to replace the oil pump with every top end. How much are those? Ive been pondering the decision for awhile now and being i already own a fi 4 stk i think id rather have a carb 2 stk just to keep things simple. Plus if you have ever ridden one with a lectron carb, i question the need for tpi anyway.

Personally I’d rather the tpi run on mix instead. JMO.

13 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Im not so sure the tpi will get you more money or not. Ì think it will if you keep a documented maintenance log. I heard you're supposed to replace the oil pump with every top end. How much are those? Ive been pondering the decision for awhile now and being i already own a fi 4 stk i think id rather have a carb 2 stk just to keep things simple. Plus if you have ever ridden one with a lectron carb, i question the need for tpi anyway.

But but but. The lectron takes away the 2 stroke hit!

Haha. I love my lectron 300. 

22 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Personally I’d rather the tpi run on mix instead. JMO.

Even if you premix oil you aren't doing much to help out the crankshaft/bottom end. The injector is located in the transfer ports.

Ktm could have just placed the injector in the throttle body and I bet the motor would run just as good, with the option to premix, assuming the injector could handle it.

• Like 1

Ok here is what I came up with from the Husky demo? I really liked it, its light, it felt like it floated across the terrain (no joke) and was very flickable and turned excellent. The power was great, I would like a little more torque which I think can be had, but it still tractors around just fine. It eat up chop and 3' deep holes like nothing, the counter balancer WOW 50 percent less vibes is the real truth?  I think while racing the vibes are no big deal, they have never bothered me in the past, but for some racing and playing around this thing is smooth and I really think one would be able to ride longer and it has to be less stress on the body, I think it helps keep your thinking clear, I am sure some guys will be laughing about this but (its real) coming across the farm field at warp speed with smoothness was a great feeling, even a 4t that is smooth has the diesel drag feel. I can see where electric would be of interest, but I am not there yet.  I hope If I go this route the reliability is still there? I have photos and video I'll post soon.

I rode the 2019 TX300, also to correct myself, I do mean bottom end torque is where I would like to see a little more grunt. I also rode the KTM XC 300, yes about the same bike, it was a little loaded up at first and maybe a little smother on the 2t hit. Then I rode the 500 EXC this bike for sure needs help, it is lighter and slimmer then my 2015 but it runs like crap off the show room floor. The course had some of everything,big open farm field and tight woods and gullies, chop small to medium and a mound I was able to get about a 3-4' high jump off of. This suspension was great for being off the showroom floor. I did go to the Beta demo on Sunday they are very well setup and super nice to demo with, had drinks for everyone and protein bars for everyone, they were also not worried if we crashed there bikes, which did happen? Maybe it was just not my day for riding, but things just didn't seem to fit or ride well I felt awkward  on the course. To be very honest the 300 RR race had really bad vibrations the 250 was some better, I talking like at the pegs, at the bars, though the seat, man I thought they would have been smother, my 2013 GAS GAS was smother. also the suspension was crazy firm I really couldn't tell how the bike might handle if the suspension was right. Also I do like a lower smaller bike but I felt cramped up kind of, and was not able to move around very much.  I not sure Beta is giving me a great deal for my 390 if I stick with them, but I am thinking I want the Husky, I will have to see if Bills Husqvarna in Salem Oregon will come up with a similar deal.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rocky4by said:

I rode the 2019 TX300, also to correct myself, I do mean bottom end torque is where I would like to see a little more grunt. I also rode the KTM XC 300, yes about the same bike, it was a little loaded up at first and maybe a little smother on the 2t hit. Then I rode the 500 EXC this bike for sure needs help, it is lighter and slimmer then my 2015 but it runs like crap off the show room floor. The course had some of everything,big open farm field and tight woods and gullies, chop small to medium and a mound I was able to get about a 3-4' high jump off of. This suspension was great for being off the showroom floor. I did go to the Beta demo on Sunday they are very well setup and super nice to demo with, had drinks for everyone and protein bars for everyone, they were also not worried if we crashed there bikes, which did happen? Maybe it was just not my day for riding, but things just didn't seem to fit or ride well I felt awkward  on the course. To be very honest the 300 RR race had really bad vibrations the 250 was some better, I talking like at the pegs, at the bars, though the seat, man I thought they would have been smother, my 2013 GAS GAS was smother. also the suspension was crazy firm I really couldn't tell how the bike might handle if the suspension was right. Also I do like a lower smaller bike but I felt cramped up kind of, and was not able to move around very much.  I not sure Beta is giving me a great deal for my 390 if I stick with them, but I am thinking I want the Husky, I will have to see if Bills Husqvarna in Salem Oregon will come up with a similar deal.

The TX300 in factory form is dissapointing on the low end. 

You pretty much need to shave or put an aftermarket head one and do some jetting changes or Lectron to get it to perform the way it was meant to run. I can pull 3rd gear hill climbs from a standing start now. Its impossible to stall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Try a 250RR. Less vibes, plush suspension, barely less torque than the 300. IMO, race edition is too stiff if not racing, go figure lol

Getting 32 miles per gallon riding single track with a little logging road back to truck. Both my TX and my brother TE have all the same mods and JD jetting. Going to do the quench next as I know its not right. I like my AER forks better but I slam into things haha. He likes his re valved Xplor forks for the way he rides. He's a little more technical.  

Try a 250RR. Less vibes, plush suspension, barely less torque than the 300. IMO, race edition is too stiff if not racing, go figure lol
I had problems with the beta also. Good fast motor and i liked everything else except the handling which i could not come to grips with. Top notch components. Maybe the ergo's are too cramped for me?

6 minutes ago, motocrotts said:

I had problems with the beta also. Good fast motor and i liked everything else except the handling which i could not come to grips with. Top notch components. Maybe the ergo's are too cramped for me?

They're small for a taller rider. 6'2" here. I moved bars up and forward and have a tall seat. Much better.

Fuel mileage is my problem with the Beta and if I were buying new I'd prolly get a TPI because I don't like be worried about fuel all the time.

• Confused 1

On 10/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, motocrotts said:

I am not arguing here, just stating my reasons.......... if you haven't noticed, carbs on bikes are going the way they did in cars....... Oil pumps?  Less than $100.  Extended range between rebuilds helps to justify the expense of the pump.  Did I mention the whole fuel economy thing?  I never made a 45 mile loop without running out of gas on either of my previous 300 2 stroke carb-ed bikes.  This one is 65 plus miles, then reserve.  Then again, why do you have a carb on a 4 stroke?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Wheeler said:

I am not arguing here, just stating my reasons.......... if you haven't noticed, carbs on bikes are going the way they did in cars....... Oil pumps?  Less than $100.  Extended range between rebuilds helps to justify the expense of the pump.  Did I mention the whole fuel economy thing?  I never made a 45 mile loop without running out of gas on either of my previous 300 2 stroke carb-ed bikes.  This one is 65 plus miles, then reserve.  Then again, why do you have a carb on a 4 stroke?  

What extended range between rebuilds? The TPI does not conserve wear on the motor, if anything it has been increased. Oil doesnt flow well unless its mixed with gas. Dry starts are a thing on the TPI. There are no failsafes built into the oiling system. Electronics control shit, pumps lines and injectors fail wear or clog. The fuel injection offers zero advantage other then more precise metering of fuel. Two strokes like to waste fuel regardless.

Fuel economy is the same as a properely jetted or Lectron carbed bike according to many people

Fuel injection on a 4 stroke is much easier then a two stroke and 4 strokes have been fuel injected since the 70s in automotive applications. No mixing of oil needed since the oil is in the crankcase. 2 strokes are primitive engines and deserve primitive simple fuel metering devices such as carbs to keep them simple and reliable. 

Edited by 240ZDAN
  • Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, 240ZDAN said:

What extended range between rebuilds? The TPI does not conserve wear on the motor, if anything it has been increased. Oil doesnt flow well unless its mixed with gas. Dry starts are a thing on the TPI. There are no failsafes built into the oiling system. Electronics control shit, pumps lines and injectors fail wear or clog. The fuel injection offers zero advantage other then more precise metering of fuel. Two strokes like to waste fuel regardless.

Fuel economy is the same as a properely jetted or Lectron carbed bike according to many people

Fuel injection on a 4 stroke is much easier then a two stroke and 4 strokes have been fuel injected since the 70s in automotive applications. No mixing of oil needed since the oil is in the crankcase. 2 strokes are primitive engines and deserve primitive simple fuel metering devices such as carbs to keep them simple and reliable. 

I was going to retort but no need now. Thanks