I have a few 2018/19-tx/te 300?

doesn't the TE have a wide ratio trans like xcw  & TX like a XC ??

I believe you are right. 3rd gear and up are the same...1st & 2nd are wider in the TE/XCW
  • Like 1

Looks like I'll be going to pick up my new 19 TX 300 next Wednesday 👍 I kept thinking maybe I should go with the 2018 TE 300, but I decided to stick with the TX.  I know I will be needing a head light for it, as we often come in after dark, what is a good light and easy wire and switch to use? I will also need a pipe guard, skid plate, hand guards. Thanks for all the information, I am sure I am going to be happy on the Husky😎

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Looks like I'll be going to pick up my new 19 TX 300 next Wednesday 👍 I kept thinking maybe I should go with the 2018 TE 300, but I decided to stick with the TX.  I know I will be needing a head light for it, as we often come in after dark, what is a good light and easy wire and switch to use? I will also need a pipe guard, skid plate, hand guards. Thanks for all the information, I am sure I am going to be happy on the Husky😎

Here’s a good deal on a 18 that is essentially new.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/d/2018-husqvarna-te300/6724543351.html

Congrats.  Impossible to go wrong with this bike.  Build it to your liking (or leave it bone stock) and you'll be happy.  Doing my first race on Saturday with mine and I'm FIRED UP!

• Like 1

I used a Trail Tech X2 light and one of their switches.198A8950-81A9-442D-B175-B4670BCFB186.jpeg.65e58971674c07ab5995a7c9e26f57bc.jpeg

457AA984-D6C1-4737-BAF1-D1EB6E86819A.jpeg

Edited by ricky racer

17 hours ago, rocky4by said:

I use a Baja designs Pro kit on this. It is basically an OEM fit, Call them and they will get you set up. I got the entire setup for about $450 including the ac-dc converter, lamp, housing(uses the TE shell), and mounts. 

Looks OEM but better - goes without saying the output is Baja Design perfection. 

As for the OEM mikuni carb and altitude. this was at about 6k feet in Moab, and it was fine. I am riding an '18, power valve is original, setting is flush with the adjuster hole, and it has a FMF Fatty Pipe.  I toyed with messing with the air-fuel adjust, but had no real reason to. It worked great all around. 

Couldn't be happier. Runs great at sea level, and it has been fine both in moab and at about 8k feet. 

I am running bel-ray at 60:1 mix. 

Moab 1.jpg

Edited by SloChicken

Here is my demo day for the 2019 TX 300 ride.  for some reason you have to chose settings to see the video clearly 👍

Edited by rocky4by
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I got a 2019 tx300 few weeks ago. Have 11 hours on it, without a doubt is the best 2 stroke ive owned. The thing that i like most is how good the front end feel is, seems seriously planted. Bike turns inside of anything. Engine is nice, love the aer forks stock, had to put 3 sizes larger rear spring in. Jetting wasnt bad, leaner a clip on needle, richer pilot, may end up one richer on main for winter. Great bike, does everything very well. Over priced, but i dont regret it a moment.

I got a 2019 tx300 few weeks ago. Have 11 hours on it, without a doubt is the best 2 stroke ive owned. The thing that i like most is how good the front end feel is, seems seriously planted. Bike turns inside of anything. Engine is nice, love the aer forks stock, had to put 3 sizes larger rear spring in. Jetting wasnt bad, leaner a clip on needle, richer pilot, may end up one richer on main for winter. Great bike, does everything very well. Over priced, but i dont regret it a moment.
I assume you are coming from a Honda to the Husky. At this point I am going to wait for the local sellers to get desperate and hopefully scoop up a deal. There is an 18 TX300 for $7900 with 36 hours on it. Maybe I won't have to sell a kidney if I wait till January to take it off his hands at a steal.
  • Like 1

Well its now official I am back on a Husky😀 I guess you guys will have to put up with me posting question, and talking about my experiences with the TX 300.  I picked up my TX 300 from Bills motorcycle plus in Salem Oregon, GREAT shop and willing to take the time to go over everything about the bike, also all the staff was willing to answer any questions and give advice👍 Here are a few photos of other stops and lots of reviewing to end up here with the Husky, I do feel this is a great bike😊  

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

20181024_165134.jpg

20181024_165154.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, SloChicken said:

I use a Baja designs Pro kit on this. It is basically an OEM fit, Call them and they will get you set up. I got the entire setup for about $450 including the ac-dc converter, lamp, housing(uses the TE shell), and mounts. 

Looks OEM but better - goes without saying the output is Baja Design perfection. 

As for the OEM mikuni carb and altitude. this was at about 6k feet in Moab, and it was fine. I am riding an '18, power valve is original, setting is flush with the adjuster hole, and it has a FMF Fatty Pipe.  I toyed with messing with the air-fuel adjust, but had no real reason to. It worked great all around. 

Couldn't be happier. Runs great at sea level, and it has been fine both in moab and at about 8k feet. 

I am running bel-ray at 60:1 mix. 

Moab 1.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I called Baja designs and ordered what I think is the same light you have. They said I would have to solder one wire onto the stator?  I have 2hrs on my bike now and am very happy with it, I would say the best 2T I have had. Thanks for all your information. 

20 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Thanks for the reply, I called Baja designs and ordered what I think is the same light you have. They said I would have to solder one wire onto the stator?  I have 2hrs on my bike now and am very happy with it, I would say the best 2T I have had. Thanks for all your information. 

mine is entirely plug and play. No soldering at all. 

IIRC, it uses the same headlamp wiring harness as the TE and the TX has this underneath. All you need is the TE number plate/headlamp housing. Other than that it should plug in with zero issues.

If you need a head's up on this, call Moto Forza in Escondido as they sold me my kit. Baja Designs is just down the road. 

I have an 18 tx 300. Geared to 51 in rear. I can go about 70 miles of mixed hauling ass and tech singletrack without going to reserve. Stock carb jetted proper at 10k ft elevation. 

I got a 2019 TX 300 in early June. 

Came off a 2015 TE300.

Took me a bit to get it jetted. JD kit was the right move. VForce4R reed valves really cleaned up the mid and low end. I added airbox vents as it's definitely chocked up. Set your float and put a loop in your overflow hose and you'll see an improvement in mileage as it tends to not be set right and the float is more sensitive on the Mikuni than the old Keihen.

I've only ran it to 60 miles on a tank till I chickened out I used to get 75 (not racing) on my TE

I never thought my 2015 vibrated, but when I sold it Tuesday I reved it out and couldn't believe it. The new machine is so smooth. The AER48 forks are better than my twice revalved 4cs units. Because of the air chamber spacers my friend's 2018 xc aren't quite as good either.

IMG_20181107_155034.thumb.jpg.94c1c45e9f9791aa29b227decf85af04.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gravesdigger said:

I got a 2019 TX 300 in early June. 

Came off a 2015 TE300.

Took me a bit to get it jetted. JD kit was the right move. VForce4R reed valves really cleaned up the mid and low end. I added airbox vents as it's definitely chocked up. Set your float and put a loop in your overflow hose and you'll see an improvement in mileage as it tends to not be set right and the float is more sensitive on the Mikuni than the old Keihen.

I've only ran it to 60 miles on a tank till I chickened out I used to get 75 (not racing) on my TE

I never thought my 2015 vibrated, but when I sold it Tuesday I reved it out and couldn't believe it. The new machine is so smooth. The AER48 forks are better than my twice revalved 4cs units. Because of the air chamber spacers my friend's 2018 xc aren't quite as good either.

IMG_20181107_155034.thumb.jpg.94c1c45e9f9791aa29b227decf85af04.jpg

Sounds like your pretty happy with your TX , thanks for your info on your set-up and what is working. I have not seen anyone who complained they bought a TX300. I really like mine, best 2T bike I have bought.

Can anyone help with Baja Designs light install, any information or photos of what plugs where would be great, I am not even sure they sent me the right parts. I also have been picking up a few parts for my bike😊 check um out. Also for others who are thinking about picking up a TX300, this bike is excellent off the show room floor, mine starts and idles great and runs just fine as-is, except its a little rich on the low end.   I had to call Husqvarna customer help line and ask them what out-put the 2019 TX300 stator has, the first one was a lady that said that information is not available to the consumer and she would have someone else call me back, which they did and he also stated there is no way any one at KTM or Husqvarna would release that information, what the @#$%^& is that all about. I will say its was not one off my friendlier conversations, that being said I called a Husky dealer about a week ago and they called me back today and managed to get it out of someone, its 110 watts👍 in case anyone else needs to know.

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

I bought both a 2017 TE 300 and a 2019 TE 300i new. Both. Are great bikes. The TPI bike is heavier, but the fueling is perfect. The bad habits ( stalling on downhills, loading up, spilling raw fuel, needing to rejet for altitude and temperature changes) are all gone. The front fork is better too: seems to stay up in the stroke better. Both are plush and stable. These are woods/ hard enduro bikes and work great for the intended purpose. Buy the equally good FX model if you run hard and fast in more wide open terrain. Once you run the new gen counter balanced motor everything else feels like a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower motor. Carb lovers should keep buying carbs. I sure don’t miss all the constant fiddling required to optimize performance running in the mountains. I see 6000’ elevation changes and 45 degree temperature changes in 4 hours. Carbs don’t do well at that. The TPI handles it perfectly, just like the newer 4 T motors.

• Like 1