I have a few 2018/19-tx/te 300?

10 minutes ago, Anatoli said:

My post was meant to educate and inform others trying to decide which form of fueling to purchase. Nothing more.
I have been riding 2 stroke motorcycles since 1960 and am fairly familiar with the technical aspects of 2 stroke technical development. Have also owned several different 2 stroke automobiles over the years. Fuel injection or carburetor? Buy what you want. Some folks like to make an educated choice.

Edited by 240ZDAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pomoco said:

On a cool morning the carbed bike will come out from under you when you hit the throttle ?

pomoco, that would be my dad's old 92 - 300 all day if someone is not smooth enough. ?

36 minutes ago, 240ZDAN said:

I think yall need to ride some 80s 2 strokes to put your vaginas back into place. 

This forum makes me want to buy a beater CR or YZ and just enjoy riding. Starting to realize how defensive, stuck up and SPOILED some dirt bikers are.

The only bike I have currently is from the early 80's. If it was a 90+ 200 in better shape I probably wouldn't feel like upgrading. The 175 forks sure do suck even w/ a 100 pounder on the bike. I won't sell it for pennies though.

12 minutes ago, 240ZDAN said:

? this guy has too much money, go spend that $1000 on a massage, you need it man

I'd rather not have a 1st year TPI bike. Carb's are time-tested & don't require power. Less complexity doesn't hurt. Plus, there at some sweet deals on carb bikes now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Distrophe said:

pomoco, that would be my dad's old 92 - 300 all day if someone is not smooth enough. ?

The only bike I have currently is from the early 80's. If it was a 90+ 200 in better shape I probably wouldn't feel like upgrading. The 175 forks sure do suck even w/ a 100 pounder on the bike. I won't sell it for pennies though.

I'd rather not have a 1st year TPI bike. Carb's are time-tested & don't require power. Less complexity doesn't hurt. Plus, there at some sweet deals on carb bikes now.

I bought a carbed bike.I have some of my own opinions myself but can only tolerate debating dumb shit to death like Rekluse or Lectron carbs. BTW, I woudl never buy a TPI bike, thats just pure crazy.

Edited by 240ZDAN

10 minutes ago, 240ZDAN said:

I bought a carbed bike.I have some of my own opinions myself but can only tolerate debating dumb shit to death like Rekluse or Lectron carbs. BTW, I woudl never buy a TPI bike, thats just pure crazy.

Is it just that kind of FI? Would you buy a FI bike in the future if it was like what street bikes have had for years?

Moving on from the carb vs FI info  I had a second to install my RK-TEK head tonight and I was really wanting to see the inside of the cylinder. Also like the (Captn Kirk) thread that's going on in this forum, its not what I thought it would look like. Please check out the photos and let me know how this looks to you guys. The bike has 3.5 Hrs on it and I am mixing the oil at 60:1 

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

• Helpful 1

What did you think it would look like ? I take it the lines on the cylinder are not scores ? 

I have a RK Tec Head on a different brand two stroke. Since I live only 30 miles from him I told him to make it non race fuel head. The head definitely helped, made better low and mid for my bike and do believe I can ride a gear higher.... but in all this I felt it wasn’t 100% awesome..... so one day as I’m filling up my tank with non Ethenol fuel their is a VP 110 hose right next to it...I’m like what the heck, so I put 50% of the tank VP...

Unbelievable, what a difference it made.i finally felt the head was 100% awesome. Ran clean and strong. So on more fun dedicated trips with my buddies I definitely mix VP gas, it made that much of a difference for me. This is just my experience.

My post was meant to educate and inform others trying to decide which form of fueling to purchase. Nothing more.
I have been riding 2 stroke motorcycles since 1960 and am fairly familiar with the technical aspects of 2 stroke technical development. Have also owned several different 2 stroke automobiles over the years. Fuel injection or carburetor? Buy what you want. Some folks like to make an educated choice.
I'm guessing Saab's?

this guy has too much money, go spend that $1000 on a massage, you need it man 

If he does and good for him, he sure doesn't spend it.

11 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

As long as you stay consistent, they always seem to run great. But when the temperature needle moves a few degrees, the elevation changes, or when you start to ride in different ranges of the powerband, the bike's need to be constantly adjusted... 

I have never had a problem with "a few degrees" in the woods. I have had no issues riding in temps from 40°F to 95°F. No issues, no adjustments. Not on the trails. Back when I was road racing two strokes, yes, we would adjust the jetting every few degrees because we needed ever last tiny bit of HP. But on the trials, a 300 has more than enough power without adjusting the jetting. I think you are just spreading FUD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pat22043 said:

I have never had a problem with "a few degrees" in the woods. I have had no issues riding in temps from 40°F to 95°F. No issues, no adjustments. Not on the trails. Back when I was road racing two strokes, yes, we would adjust the jetting every few degrees because we needed ever last tiny bit of HP. But on the trials, a 300 has more than enough power without adjusting the jetting. I think you are just spreading FUD

Ok

10 hours ago, Distrophe said:

Is it just that kind of FI? Would you buy a FI bike in the future if it was like what street bikes have had for years?

There is no question about it, fuel injection is superior to carbs. But comparing a street bike to the TPI really isnt fair. The TPI has an oil pump, oil injector, and a ecu to control it. It doesnt have any failsafes or feedback to monitor the amount of oil going through the engine. It could have an issue with the oil injection system and just continue running, slowly nuking itself to death. Someone has already experienced this, check out the TPI facebook group. Tons of people from around the world posting up their issues, not just know it all Thumpertalk gurus.

Its like running meth injection on a high HP turbo car with zero failsafes. One fault with the system and bye bye engine.

The benefits of the fuel injection system which was designed primarily to meet emissions requirements are not worth it given the complexity and risks associated with it, IMO. The two stroke is a primitive engine and deserves a primitive fuel metering device for simplicity and reliability.  I think injection for KTMs enduro models is here to stay for emissions sake,  but they definetley need at least a couple years to work out issues and  bugs.

And the whole 4 degree change thing and it running like crap.... ?

Edited by 240ZDAN
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

What's the problem with too much money? 

I never said there was one.

WOW you guys, this is my post about  looking for and  buying a new bike, and also information for others  that may be looking at the Husky brand. Along the way I will add ride reviews and tech information and reviews of the after market parts I have added.

THIS IS NOT A CARB VS FI thread? Now everyone have a great day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rocky4by Oops. Yes, please add ride info and bike opinion. I'm eyeing a '16 TE 300 or 19 hr '17 TX 300, both about $7500. What say ye oh wise one? Thank you. I was leaning towards the TE but I'm also lusting after the new 200, which happens to be a different brand, YIKES.

240ZDAN thanks for the input on TPI.

Edited by Distrophe

I have personally bought 3 new fuel injected Husqvarna dirt bikes and ridden them hard for over 10,000 miles. Never had any problems of any kind. This is a small sample but is not just talk. I mostly run ethanol free fuel, but sometimes pump gas. Today I changed out the original fuel filter on my 2016 501 with 7000 miles/ 144 hours. The filter is far from clogged but you can easily see the black particulate matter it has trapped. The tiny in-line filter is clean. If you choose to run pump gas then I suggest that you change out these filters at 1 year/ 3000 miles to prevent problems. It takes about an hour or less. The guys I know who have had fuel supply issues with FI don’t service the filters, run pump gas, and let the crappy fuel sit in the tank all winter. Carbs get clogged up the same way unless you run the float bowl dry before storage. I think there is a learning curve with any new technology. Most cars and trucks don’t sit all winter, so they get run more often and the fuel doesn’t have many months to sit and deteriorate chemically. Boat owners are familiar with these issues for the same reasons. IMG_8402.thumb.JPG.9716ee4d3265c147fae0311e5074f2e6.JPG
On my bike, the plastic hose in the tank cracked, was not a maintenance issue, just a plastic tube that was kinked due to factory installation. The other bike that stranded us had a leak in the pressure regulator in the tank that was leaking, not a maintenance issue. Not sure what happened to the other one. None of them had a bad pump motor.

I got about 1hr  of riding in today, with the Rk-Tek head installed and the 2.1 FMF. Leaving out of our drive I first thought not much of a change, but I was wrong, its really a pretty big change, there is more torque down low and it really smoothed out the power band? going down  2 miles of paved road the bike now has a very nice and steady buzz? and so smooth, not like any other 2T I have had. I still have not touched the carb as I wanted see what the head up-grade did, well the bike is still to rich for just lugging around so I'll be working on that next. On my roots and rock uphill trail, you can be in 1st gear and come to a balanced almost stopped, in the middle of the slope with the clutch out and still not stall?.  Hey Distrophe   I would buy the 17 and newer Husky TE or TX again, I saw a dealer here in OR has a new 17 TE advertised for $6900,  I still feel if  ya know its single track and slow stuff all the time, the TE gearing might work better, but I am going to run mine down in the desert some and I wanted the AER fork. As for the 200, 250 or 300, I liked the Beta 2500RR a lot but not as much as my TX. As far as the 200 am not sold on as the new 250-300 offer so much more and can be rode in some ways like the 200, kind of like the new 500 can be rode like the new 300? depending on where ride you get more bang for you$ from the 250-300.