I have a few 2018/19-tx/te 300?

32 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

may as well stay home if not made in Austria. :eek:

NEIN! It's, a Beta! Don't you have a Beta? Haha. I probably won't get it because $9K+ oTD is a bit much for not being plated and what-not. However, I could do payments w/ about 1/2 down. Nah, I'm 190Lbs & I'm ready for a modern 250+

48 minutes ago, rocky4by said:

[1st part edited out by Distro] - Hey Distrophe I would buy the 17 & newer Husky TE or TX again, I saw a dealer here in OR has a new 17 TE advertised for $6900,  I still feel if ya know its single track & slow stuff all the time, the TE gearing might work better, but I am going to run mine down in the desert some & I wanted the AER fork. As for the 200, 250 or 300, I liked the Beta 250RR a lot but not as much as my TX. As far as the 200 am not sold on as the new 250-300 offer so much more & can be rode in some ways like the 200, kind of like the new 500 can be rode like the new 300? depending on where ride you get more bang for you$ from the 250-300.

Thank you much for the input. Do you have a 250? That $6900 is a good price. So '17+ for the counter balancer? I'm used to an old kdx & 92 exc 300 "shaker" so I bet even a '16 would do me good. 95% of my riding is single track. 1/2 is Black-Diamond. I'm about 190 & only 5'9" but that's no issue. TE or TX doesn't matter to me. I've only had 3 bikes & I probably wouldn't resell so that's part of why I'm looking at "new" bikes. 2 options I recently found is a point-7 mile '16 TE300 for $6500+"fees" & a 19hour '17 TX300 w/ some mods for $7500 on craigslist. Not in a hurry to purchase & I figure there's some good deals around. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Distrophe said:

NEIN! It's, a Beta! Don't you have a Beta? Haha. I probably won't get it because $9K+ oTD is a bit much for not being plated and what-not. However, I could do payments w/ about 1/2 down. Nah, I'm 190Lbs & I'm ready for a modern 250+

Just making jokes about extreme brand loyal owners. Have a KTM and a Beta.

You say your 92 is a shaker? My 05 doesn't shake that much. Really good bike.

11 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Just making jokes about extreme brand loyal owners. Have a KTM and a Beta.

You say your 92 is a shaker? My 05 doesn't shake that much. Really good bike.

Yeah, vibrated alot but I was used to it. All of my trail days are 8+ hours throughout the day. Good thing we had headlights for going late sometimes. Older bikes don't scare me if the top-end has low hours & the bike is in overall great shape. I just figure while I'm young and can "afford" it right now, I'll get a newer '16+ bike. I'll keep my KDX & give it better forks sometime. I've had that for over 7 hears.

14 minutes ago, Distrophe said:

Yeah, vibrated alot but I was used to it. All of my trail days are 8+ hours throughout the day. Good thing we had headlights for going late sometimes. Older bikes don't scare me if the top-end has low hours & the bike is in overall great shape. I just figure while I'm young and can "afford" it right now, I'll get a newer '16+ bike. I'll keep my KDX & give it better forks sometime. I've had that for over 7 hears.

Obviously the 17+ vibrate little compared to old but my 05 doesn't vibe that much. Definitely less than my 96 KX250 that I recently owned. I think newer the better regarding vibration meaning you musn't have 17+ as even the 16 likely vibrates less than my 05.

• Helpful 1

Just to report.

Ran my 19 tx in a sand race yesterday. Mostly wide open throttle everywhere. Low 50*'s F 4200' elevation. 6 -1" holes in the airbox with filters definitely helped power and fuel mileage. Did one 30.3 mile loop and pitted. Second loop I came to pit and my gas guy goes, "your fine-hit it" so I skipped gas and went 60.6 miles without a pit. I'm going to drain the tank and see what's in there but I'll bet I could make another 15 miles. (Which would put me similar if not better than my 15) (this is a 2.6 gallon tank and the 2015 te was a 2.9).

Will report back fuel mileage but this is pretty much worst case gas mileage scenario (for me) in a 91 miles whooped out rutted sand Grand Prix style race.

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Gravesdigger said:

Just to report.

Ran my 19 tx in a sand race yesterday. Mostly wide open throttle everywhere. Low 50*'s F 4200' elevation. 6 -1" holes in the airbox with filters definitely helped power and fuel mileage. Did one 30.3 mile loop and pitted. Second loop I came to pit and my gas guy goes, "your fine-hit it" so I skipped gas and went 60.6 miles without a pit. I'm going to drain the tank and see what's in there but I'll bet I could make another 15 miles. (Which would put me similar if not better than my 15) (this is a 2.6 gallon tank and the 2015 te was a 2.9).

Will report back fuel mileage but this is pretty much worst case gas mileage scenario (for me) in a 91 miles whooped out rutted sand Grand Prix style race.

That's pretty good. On most of my rides, I'd stop around the 75 mile mark for lunch and refill. Recently I'm eyeballing an '18 TE300 which would run me about $2K less than a '19 if I spend $150 for gas to do the 6hr drive 1 way for it. What say ye? Thanks.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:36 PM, dozer996 said:

I believe you are right. 3rd gear and up are the same...1st & 2nd are wider in the TE/XCW

I believe you will find you are incorrect. TE/XCW lower 1st, taller 6th.  2nd - 5th same.  I own both, call me stupid but I think you have it wrong.  I will also say what's been said. the link suspension has more travel to dial in your ride.  KTM is a knucklehead for still using the PDS on the XCW.  Talk with Greg Huffer for your suspension work at Factory Suspension.  He's Slaven's go to and that for a good reason.  Had four suspensions done for my 570 and no one could get it right and Greg nailed it when I went to him.  Won't go into it but when he does a suspension for you, he calls, follows up, texts you and basically chases you down until he knows you are satisfied and does what it takes to get it done if he didn't nail it the first time.  You won't find that elsewhere.  Well, I haven't. 

• Helpful 1

I didn't see anyone had this posted that I could find so here it is: The first photo is TX and then the TE  and typed is the Beta RR bikes. Also the carb bikes are 110 watt stators and the FI bikes are are 196 watts output, I am not sure how much of the wattage is AC or DC.   

Beta: 1st12-31....2nd 15-28....3rd 19-28.....4th 20-24....5th 27-27....6th 28-24IMG_3098.JPG.f36ee811f5fc5ff9e367e57ad6dda127.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

17 minutes ago, rocky4by said:

I didn't see anyone had this posted that I could find so here it is: The first photo is TX and then the TE  and typed is the Beta RR bikes. Also the carb bikes are 110 watt stators and the FI bikes are are 196 watts output, I am not sure how much of the wattage is AC or DC.   

Beta: 1st12-31....2nd 15-28....3rd 19-28.....4th 20-24....5th 27-27....6th 28-24IMG_3098.JPG.f36ee811f5fc5ff9e367e57ad6dda127.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

AC for the 2t, DC for the 4t. And that's total output, which doesn't account for what the bike itself is using... The FX models are less so. 

• Like 1

Yes I would like to find out more about the stator, I think there is DC output on the 2T as it is charging the battery, and the head light on the TE is AC?

• Like 1

On injected bikes it’s all dc, I have a 19 te and have an LED h4 and it came w LED tail/brake light

mines plated so tx was off the plate anyway 

I just had my forks reworked so left is same as right (mid valve, full comp and rebound) huge difference at speed! I may still go with Kreft system if I get snowed out of riding. 

I’ve got 32hrs on tpi300 and while map 2 isn’t perfectly jetted map1 is stellar!

Still have 5 older stupid fast bikes that need mixing and jetting, that I miss and I don’t.

196 watts of DC should be fun for night rides too.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:08 PM, rocky4by said:

Looks like I'll be going to pick up my new 19 TX 300 next Wednesday ? I kept thinking maybe I should go with the 2018 TE 300, but I decided to stick with the TX.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:29 PM, Gravesdigger said:

I got a 2019 TX 300 in early June. ----  Came off a 2015 TE300

TE or TX for single track & some hare scramble races? I can get either for less than a YZ. Disregarding engine size, a TE250 is $300 more & I'd like that for more race class options. An xcw 250 TPI is $700 more than the TX. Also, does the TX have an odometer? Thanks.

Edited by Distrophe

I chose a tx because I like the forks much much better. The TE is valved too soft for me to race hare scrambles and national hare and hounds here in Utah. I'm 165 and amatuer age bracket racer (or vet B in other race categories).

No lights, no odo or speedo on the tx. The te is the same as the 2017, 2018 whereas the tx looks like the 2019 sx stuff. The wide ratio trans on the te was nice for singletrack and high speed. (But the wider 2-3 gap had me shifting more in the trees at Cherry Creek races) I'm a little disappointed that the tank is 2.6 (both te and tx now) when it was 2.9 on the older TE (an advantage over the KTM xc and xc-w).

I could have made either bike work for me, but utimately I chose the tx because the suspension is closer to what I want out of the box. (It hurt me to think about sending out a new bike for a revalve immediately) and it weighs less than the te and I liked the feel of the carbed bike.

I took the headlight and taillight off my te immediately anyway so it was the right choice for me.

Just for reference I also have a 2009 yz250 in my garage and I haven't ridden it since I bought this bike.

Edited by Gravesdigger

Just get a TX and put a $50 ebay TE headlight on and a trailtech GPS odo which has some pretty cool features.

IMG_20181012_194933.jpg.6c2fdd965b3761f2a6f3afe3ccc29055.jpg

Better forks, better valving, especially for a heavier rider. IMO better gearing. The TE just makes zero sense unless you have to have a green sticker bike. Or you must have that  TPI system.

Edited by 240ZDAN

5 hours ago, Gravesdigger said:

I chose a tx because I like the forks much much better. The TE is valved too soft for me to race hare scrambles & national hare & hounds here in Utah. I'm 165& amateur age bracket racer (or vet B in other race categories).

No lights, no odo or speedo on the tx. The te is the same as the 2017, 2018 whereas the tx looks like the 2019 sx stuff. The wide ratio trans on the te was nice for singletrack and high speed. (But the wider 2-3 gap had me shifting more in the trees at Cherry Creek races) I'm a little disappointed that the tank is 2.6 (both te & tx now) when it was 2.9 on the older TE (an advantage over the KTM xc and xc-w).

I could have made either bike work for me, but ultimately I chose the tx because the suspension is closer to what I want out of the box. (It hurt me to think about sending out a new bike for a revalve immediately) and it weighs less than the te and I liked the feel of the carbed bike.

I took the headlight and taillight off my te immediately anyway so it was the right choice for me.

Just for reference I also have a 2009 yz250 in my garage and I haven't ridden it since I bought this bike.

I'm currently 185 w/o gear & not quite 5-9. My pace would be upper C or lower B judging by trails I've rode & comparing speed/skills to others. Disregarding my 2 year break from riding. I used to ride alot of singletrack in FH, GT, etc & I'd definitely do some races w/ a "new" bike so the TX/XC trans & suspension seems a better choice. I'd like an odometer but not an issue & an easy addition as said by 240ZDAN. I prefer the carb because they reliably work good & 30mpg give or take would be fine. When I might ride 50 miles from my truck, I'd trust a carb more than the current FI. My current & past bikes should be in the sig. ----Appreciate the info.

4 hours ago, 240ZDAN said:

Just get a TX and put a $50 ebay TE headlight on and a trailtech GPS odo which has some pretty cool features.

Better forks, better valving, especially for a heavier rider. IMO better gearing. The TE just makes zero sense unless you have to have a green sticker bike. Or you must have that  TPI system.

Thank you for the input. I don't even much need or want a headlight. Just an odometer would be nice. I'll checkout some of those Trailtech's. Differences set aside, I was comparing an '18 TX300, TE250/xcw & a 250 TPI xcw. Here's a price estimate for the TX300: List $6888 + $1112 markup + $500 tax = $8500, maybe before doc/Lic. The 19's seem to be much more so I might otherwise not be bike-shopping if not for these "leftover" discounts. It would be fantastic to find an equal or better price at a dealer that is closer than 6hrs away. 95945/530

Are you leading me to believe that some new 2strokes are CA green sticker or did I imagine something? Green sticker would be great but I'm not sure it's a big deal since most of my riding is in the "woods".  -Thanks

29 minutes ago, Distrophe said:

I'm currently 185 w/o gear & not quite 5-9. My pace would be upper C or lower B judging by trails I've rode & comparing speed/skills to others. Disregarding my 2 year break from riding. I used to ride alot of singletrack in FH, GT, etc & I'd definitely do some races w/ a "new" bike so the TX/XC trans & suspension seems a better choice. I'd like an odometer but not an issue & an easy addition as said by 240ZDAN. I prefer the carb because they reliably work good & 30mpg give or take would be fine. When I might ride 50 miles from my truck, I'd trust a carb more than the current FI. My current & past bikes should be in the sig. ----Appreciate the info.

Thank you for the input. I don't even much need or want a headlight. Just an odometer would be nice. I'll checkout some of those Trailtech's. Differences set aside, I was comparing an '18 TX300, TE250/xcw & a 250 TPI xcw. Here's a price estimate for the TX300: List $6888 + $1112 markup + $500 tax = $8500, maybe before doc/Lic. The 19's seem to be much more so I might otherwise not be bike-shopping if not for these "leftover" discounts. It would be fantastic to find an equal or better price at a dealer that is closer than 6hrs away. 95945/530

Are you leading me to believe that some new 2strokes are CA green sticker or did I imagine something? Green sticker would be great but I'm not sure it's a big deal since most of my riding is in the "woods".  -Thanks

I may be wrong, sorry. I dont think they meet green sticker.

6 minutes ago, 240ZDAN said:

I may be wrong, sorry. I dont think they meet green sticker.

Yeah, I'm pretty only pre-03  2strokes are green sticker. Eventually the red-sticker BS might go away since emissions are getting better. More people need to raise a stink about only riding 1/2 the year on $8K+ bikes. It's funny, lawn mower emissions are probably worse than most dirt bikes. Frikkin CA.

So, does a 300 limit choice of race classes much compared to a 250 or is it a non-issue and we get the better TX?

Edited by Distrophe

Just added a few items this past week. A Smart carb2 and its working great right out of the box, the bike starts soon as I hit the go button 😀  Also want to say the bike ran fine with the stock carb, they do need a little jetting work but the 19 and up models are really close. I also had a Kein 38 air striker and it also ran fine, and now the SC2 which I like best on the bike, runs great from down low  and and runs out longer on the top end. The bike quite running on a very steep mountain side hill climb today (I had the gas off) thought I was going to have to go back down, I got the fuel back on and went right up the mountain from a dead stop😎  I also sent the suspension out to Still Wells for the Dal Soggio sphere kit, Now this is what I'm taking about WOW  best suspension I have rode, it sucks up roots and can also run whoops.  Over all thoughts about the bike are great, although I say the stock carb can be worked with I think it sucks that we have to. The balancer is great and makes the bike super smooth, the air fork was fine just different, I didn't like looking around for the pump and also checking the air PSI, I was also a little concerned about getting out in the desert with them and getting a fork flat with them🤣  

For me,  the TX would be that I do miss the lower first gear sometimes, the TE would take care of that. Also I did ride some more Beta bikes at another demo day and will say you can ride them a little better slower then the Husky, and they do feel to have a little more torque.  I really want one of each and one new 4T.  The 2020 bikes are looking to have some updated offerings😇

20190622_151122.jpg

20190622_151302.jpg

• Like 1