I have a few 2018/19-tx/te 300?

Just added a few items this past week. A Smart carb2 and its working great right out of the box, the bike starts soon as I hit the go button   Also want to say the bike ran fine with the stock carb, they do need a little jetting work but the 19 and up models are really close. I also had a Kein 38 air striker and it also ran fine, and now the SC2 which I like best on the bike, runs great from down low  and and runs out longer on the top end. The bike quite running on a very steep mountain side hill climb today (I had the gas off) thought I was going to have to go back down, I got the fuel back on and went right up the mountain from a dead stop  I also sent the suspension out to Still Wells for the Dal Soggio sphere kit, Now this is what I'm taking about WOW  best suspension I have rode, it sucks up roots and can also run whoops.  Over all thoughts about the bike are great, although I say the stock carb can be worked with I think it sucks that we have to. The balancer is great and makes the bike super smooth, the air fork was fine just different, I didn't like looking around for the pump and also checking the air PSI, I was also a little concerned about getting out in the desert with them and getting a fork flat with them🤣  
For me,  the TX would be that I do miss the lower first gear sometimes, the TE would take care of that. Also I did ride some more Beta bikes at another demo day and will say you can ride them a little better slower then the Husky, and they do feel to have a little more torque.  I really want one of each and one new 4T.  The 2020 bikes are looking to have some updated offerings
20190622_151122.thumb.jpg.ed3c1777fea78ffd623360ed8e39797e.jpg
20190622_151302.jpg.41fe45a90becd7c30e89495d935866ff.jpg

Do you think the smart carb was worth 700 bucks . I have my 19 tx jetted perfect. I really want the smart carb . My bike runs so good afraid to pull trigger lol

I just came in from a 25 mile loop on my husky. For me the smart carb was worth the bucks, the bike runs excellent, the carb arrived in the mail and I put it on and that was that.😁  Yes it runs better then the stock jetted carb and yes, better then a 38 air striker Keihin carb.  I am sure some guys that are great carb tuners can work with the stock carb, I did not want to further that route.  There are also advantages the smart carb has that will never happen with the Mikuni or the Keihin. Right now the bike is getting 32+ MPG, this is with some big hill climbs/fire trail/ single track/ and some black top, I did not check MPG with the stock carb. Also, the Stillwell suspension setup with the Dal-Soggio inserts is the best suspension I have been on! I will be sticking with them on the rest of my bikes.  For anyone thinking of a TX, I will add that this bike rides more like an MX bike then an Enduro bike. It's very fast and light, also I would like it to have a lower first and a higher 6th.  This may be because I am middle aged and a little slower these days. All the above statements are just my personal thoughts, so what works for me, may not for someone else. If we had  good internet speed where we live I would load some videos, but right now it takes overnight or 2 days, to load on You Tube.  Also, I am going to be doing a side by side comparison on the 2019 Beta 300 RE in the next few weeks, which I am very excited about.

• Helpful 1

I just came in from a 25 mile loop on my husky. For me the smart carb was worth the bucks, the bike runs excellent, the carb arrived in the mail and I put it on and that was that.  Yes it runs better then the stock jetted carb and yes, better then a 38 air striker Keihin carb.  I am sure some guys that are great carb tuners can work with the stock carb, I did not want to further that route.  There are also advantages the smart carb has that will never happen with the Mikuni or the Keihin. Right now the bike is getting 32+ MPG, this is with some big hill climbs/fire trail/ single track/ and some black top, I did not check MPG with the stock carb. Also, the Stillwell suspension setup with the Dal-Soggio inserts is the best suspension I have been on! I will be sticking with them on the rest of my bikes.  For anyone thinking of a TX, I will add that this bike rides more like an MX bike then an Enduro bike. It's very fast and light, also I would like it to have a lower first and a higher 6th.  This may be because I am middle aged and a little slower these days. All the above statements are just my personal thoughts, so what works for me, may not for someone else. If we had  good internet speed where we live I would load some videos, but right now it takes overnight or 2 days, to load on You Tube.  Also, I am going to be doing a side by side comparison on the 2019 Beta 300 RE in the next few weeks, which I am very excited about.

I like the idea of better gas mileage and also the idea I don’t have to jet the bike when I go to Colorado or when I do my trips to Pennsylvania and New York. Thanks for the info . Guess I call them and order it

On 6/22/2019 at 9:57 PM, rocky4by said:

Just added a few items this past week. A Smart carb2 and its working great right out of the box, the bike starts soon as I hit the go button 😀  Also want to say the bike ran fine with the stock carb, they do need a little jetting work but the 19 and up models are really close. I also had a Kein 38 air striker and it also ran fine, and now the SC2 which I like best on the bike, runs great from down low  and and runs out longer on the top end. The bike quite running on a very steep mountain side hill climb today (I had the gas off) thought I was going to have to go back down, I got the fuel back on and went right up the mountain from a dead stop😎  I also sent the suspension out to Still Wells for the Dal Soggio sphere kit, Now this is what I'm taking about WOW  best suspension I have rode, it sucks up roots and can also run whoops.  Over all thoughts about the bike are great, although I say the stock carb can be worked with I think it sucks that we have to. The balancer is great and makes the bike super smooth, the air fork was fine just different, I didn't like looking around for the pump and also checking the air PSI, I was also a little concerned about getting out in the desert with them and getting a fork flat with them🤣  

For me,  the TX would be that I do miss the lower first gear sometimes, the TE would take care of that. Also I did ride some more Beta bikes at another demo day and will say you can ride them a little better slower then the Husky, and they do feel to have a little more torque.  I really want one of each and one new 4T.  The 2020 bikes are looking to have some updated offerings😇

20190622_151122.jpg

12 minutes ago, rocky4by said:

I just came in from a 25 mile loop on my husky. For me the smart carb was worth the bucks, the bike runs excellent, the carb arrived in the mail and I put it on and that was that.😁  Yes it runs better then the stock jetted carb and yes, better then a 38 air striker Keihin carb.  I am sure some guys that are great carb tuners can work with the stock carb, I did not want to further that route.  There are also advantages the smart carb has that will never happen with the Mikuni or the Keihin. Right now the bike is getting 32+ MPG, this is with some big hill climbs/fire trail/ single track/ and some black top, I did not check MPG with the stock carb. Also, the Stillwell suspension setup with the Dal-Soggio inserts is the best suspension I have been on! I will be sticking with them on the rest of my bikes.  For anyone thinking of a TX, I will add that this bike rides more like an MX bike then an Enduro bike. It's very fast and light, also I would like it to have a lower first and a higher 6th.  This may be because I am middle aged and a little slower these days. All the above statements are just my personal thoughts, so what works for me, may not for someone else. If we had  good internet speed where we live I would load some videos, but right now it takes overnight or 2 days, to load on You Tube.  Also, I am going to be doing a side by side comparison on the 2019 Beta 300 RE in the next few weeks, which I am very excited about.

Quoted so @NW_drZ can see a ride report of the SC2. He mentioned that he was considering one. :D

That SC 36 looks Sexsi.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, pat22043 said:

I have never had a problem with "a few degrees" in the woods. I have had no issues riding in temps from 40°F to 95°F. No issues, no adjustments. Not on the trails. Back when I was road racing two strokes, yes, we would adjust the jetting every few degrees because we needed ever last tiny bit of HP. But on the trials, a 300 has more than enough power without adjusting the jetting. I think you are just spreading FUD

Me either.

45 degrees in moab, 90 degrees in  (6500’)

50-100 degrees in Ocotillo and baja 0-1500’

i have changed down 1 size on my pilot jet to the 22.5, but my main is still the 450. 

Works perfectly.

upon receiving the bike ‘18 TX 300, i installed a fmf gnRly pipe and turbocore 2.1 arrestor/ silencer, but since the 1 jetting adjustment the bike has been tits.

wouldn’t bother with injection on a desert bike as I don’t want any more complications than absolutely necessary, nor do I want the extra weight.

further, as one who has had 2 stroke bikes seize secondary failed oil injection, I will stick with pre-mix, thanks. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:48 PM, rocky4by said:

WOW you guys, this is my post about  looking for and  buying a new bike, and also information for others  that may be looking at the Husky brand. Along the way I will add ride reviews and tech information and reviews of the after market parts I have added.

THIS IS NOT A CARB VS FI thread? Now everyone have a great day?

It is now 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No really, the more posts the better.  Let's get this Husky forum revved up!  Updated ride reviews, add-ons,  photos/ vids, maintenance talk, lets hear about it.

• Like 1

As long as you stay consistent, they always seem to run great. But when the temperature needle moves a few degrees, the elevation changes, or when you start to ride in different ranges of the powerband, the bike's need to be constantly adjusted... 
With minor work mine is perfect for 20 degrees. At this point i know where i need to be and the carbed version runs better for moto.... im curious about how well the 2020 tx300 works out, i hope they get it really good.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:
On 11/9/2018 at 6:47 PM, Hans Schmid said:
As long as you stay consistent, they always seem to run great. But when the temperature needle moves a few degrees, the elevation changes, or when you start to ride in different ranges of the powerband, the bike's need to be constantly adjusted... 

With minor work mine is perfect for 20 degrees. At this point i know where i need to be and the carbed version runs better for moto.... im curious about how well the 2020 tx300 works out, i hope they get it really good.

Rode one this weekend... Bike ran awesome but seemed to go flat really fast... I've always known 300s to do that but this TX300i seemed to do it quicker then I remember...And I'm coming from a 350 which revs to the moon so maybe I'm just used to the 350 motor.

Would be near impossible to not holeshot ever dead-engine start with the TX300i though, everytime, hot or cold the bike started instantly! 

Chassis wise, felt identical to my 350... The idea of 2ts feeling lighter is quickly becoming lost as the weight does rise...

• Like 1

Rode one this weekend... Bike ran awesome but seemed to go flat really fast... I've always known 300s to do that but this TX300i seemed to do it quicker then I remember...And I'm coming from a 350 which revs to the moon so maybe I'm just used to the 350 motor.
Would be near impossible to not holeshot ever dead-engine start with the TX300i though, everytime, hot or cold the bike started instantly! 
Chassis wise, felt identical to my 350... The idea of 2ts feeling lighter is quickly becoming lost as the weight does rise...
Agreed. The radvalve makes them rev out. They will rev pretty damn far too. the 350s are lookimg really nice too. I say keep the carbs.

The 300 revs to about 9000, the 350 to 12,600 or so. The wide rev range means less shifting for sure.