Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
G-Berm

entered first enduro. how many miles on stock tank 300RR?

Your jetting is also very important.  With stock jetting my 250 was very rich.  It's about perfect now and last weekend I did 60 miles in a mix of very difficult single track and some connecting double track.  I had about a third to a quarter tank left.  I'm also pretty easy on the throttle.

Someone in our group had a brand new 300 xc (mikuni carb) and they ran out of gas at about 50 miles.

You do not want to be too lean in tacky sand on a cool morning.  

Edited by GP
  • Like 2

You can use twice the fuel racing vs trail riding, been bit by that before. 90mi in the mts didn't hit reserve, out of gas at 58 in a 60mi hare scramble.  Use the gas stop, "the only time you have too much fuel is if your on fire".    or  ask Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin who had seconds of fuel left to land on the moon

• Like 2

on a 3hr race I have to refill half way and its nearly empty by then yes the betas are juicy but that's the price you pay for such a torquey engine enjoy your racing...

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 12:47 AM, G-Berm said:

Entering my first enduro this weekend in NJ on my week old 2019 300RR.  Wondering how many miles I should be able to go on the stock tank.

Thanks!

So how did you go ??? 

I get just over 2 hours on my 2016 250RR RE at race pace on a fast track, XC (harescramble). Thats about 60km(37 miles), but I can stretch that if im not on the pipe as much or the course is tighter and slower.  Enduros I always top up at the gas stops. In our series its mandatory for them to have a gas stop every 50km (31miles). So its never a real concern.

...so I hit reserve right at the end of the first loop. It was about 2.5 hours and a little over 40 miles. Not a lot of riding was on the pipe (for me). Tight, twisty, sandy with endless relentless whoops.

After the first loop I bailed. I didn’t have another 40 miles left in my arms or legs, plus my front tire stopped holding air. Tubliss caused my problem and also was the reason I could go 30 miles with a flat.

As far as my float..i didn’t check the carb, but I did a function test. I did a tilt test and my bike only starts to leak gas when it’s really leaned over, much farther than on the kick stand either direction.

I have to ride more and get in better shape!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, G-Berm said:

...so I hit reserve right at the end of the first loop. It was about 2.5 hours and a little over 40 miles. Not a lot of riding was on the pipe (for me). Tight, twisty, sandy with endless relentless whoops.

After the first loop I bailed. I didn’t have another 40 miles left in my arms or legs, plus my front tire stopped holding air. Tubliss caused my problem and also was the reason I could go 30 miles with a flat.

As far as my float..i didn’t check the carb, but I did a function test. I did a tilt test and my bike only starts to leak gas when it’s really leaned over, much farther than on the kick stand either direction.

I have to ride more and get in better shape!

If you want some decent NJ enduros the start of the year has much better events, Greenbriar - Sandy Lane - Beehive.  The last three are normally all whoops, not bad if you are used to them but the trails are mostly reused from previous years - thank the eco nuts for that!

As for gas consumption you can loop the overflow hose and also it will not hurt to check float height.

2.5 hours sounds about right at a race pace . I never put much into distance estimates as everyone’s terrain varies so much . Our events usually you don’t get past 3 gear 

EB734FBD-F2F7-4DE1-A578-483214CD4569.jpeg

• Like 3