High end Helmet cheap?

Closeouts are great. My current helmet is carbon fiber bought half off. Christmas time is often great for sales too. Ive gotten a few then at great prices. 

I still wear "cheap" helmets too. The biggest difference i find most of the time is comfort.  Plusher liners and better venting are more $.  I always swap out the plastic visor screws with metal.  Getting out the sheared plastic screws after a crash can be difficult. 

• Like 1

Don’t buy a used helmet like the other guys said. Just shop around and a deal will come up. I just bought Bell Moto 9 for $135. It’s price is almost $500. It was last years model and they had 1 in stock in my size. 

I’d rather do a new entry to mid level helmet than used high end one. 

Go to:

https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PilkMWB3gIVwwOGCh1kjgA4EAAYASAAEgKdj_D_BwE

I got a new Shoei VFX-R for just over $200 and not one with some garish graphics where it is good reason why no one is buying it.  Brand new stuff for wicked cheap.  

I got my kids all their gear from the site.  It is not damaged or blemished stuff either.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

Go to:

https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PilkMWB3gIVwwOGCh1kjgA4EAAYASAAEgKdj_D_BwE

I got a new Shoei VFX-R for just over $200 and not one with some garish graphics where it is good reason why no one is buying it.  Brand new stuff for wicked cheap.  

I got my kids all their gear from the site.  It is not damaged or blemished stuff either.  

Yep, about a year ago I got a complete set, pants and jersey for ~$40 from them.  And the best part is it is Scott gear which isn't even marketed in the USA, so the chances of anyone else having the same gear is slim.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

if your looking for something high end this is best deal your going to find on a new klim helmet. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klim-Krios-Karbon-Adventure-Helmet-Size-L/223174227230?hash=item33f638751e:g:QRUAAOSwIsxbqk4a:rk:2:pf:0

if you got a $40 head... buy a $40 helmet

Edited by JBBC
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, JBBC said:

if your looking for something high end this is best deal your going to find on a new klim helmet. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klim-Krios-Karbon-Adventure-Helmet-Size-L/223174227230?hash=item33f638751e:g:QRUAAOSwIsxbqk4a:rk:2:pf:0

if you got a $40 head... buy a $40 helmet

That's not a dirt bike helmet, its a hipster, I mean adventure bike helmet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looks like i will be able to get this one for less than a hundred bucks, thats going to be better than anything i can buy new for that. The person that suggested a Shoei for $200 id like to see where on that site you found that, the cheapest they have is $280 , its ugly and they dont even have my size. 

3 hours ago, racerx217 said:

Looks like i will be able to get this one for less than a hundred bucks, thats going to be better than anything i can buy new for that. The person that suggested a Shoei for $200 id like to see where on that site you found that, the cheapest they have is $280 , its ugly and they dont even have my size. 

There's a reason you can get it for under $100. The reason is no one that's been riding for more than 5 minutes knows better than to buy it.

• Haha 1

Surprised this hasn't been moved to a sub forum never to be seen again like every other post in general lately.

Anyways you realize that's a dual sport helmet right? It will work if you're just cruising down some dirt roads but if you ride track or any sort of technical single track it will get hot real quick.

11 hours ago, Muffintop said:

Surprised this hasn't been moved to a sub forum never to be seen again like every other post in general lately.

LOL, you do realize there has been a rash (apparently) of people not knowing what forum to post in.  Bunch of bike/brand specific posts.

2 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

LOL, you do realize there has been a rash (apparently) of people not knowing what forum to post in.  Bunch of bike/brand specific posts.

Yeah that's true but it's also nice to have a place where we can all come together and post as well, it gets more people in the conversation. I guess it's either have one big catch all forum or a bunch of little brand and model specific rabbit holes. Each have their pros and cons I guess... 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:09 PM, seer said:

I always swap out the plastic visor screws with metal.  Getting out the sheared plastic screws after a crash can be difficult. 

I too used to do this but was told the plastic screws are actually a safety feature,

intended to shear off in the event the visor impacts something rather than the force be transmitted to your head and neck.

Long time dealership clerk/friend mentioned a snowmobiler he knew unfortunately experienced this theory last season which resulted in neck injuries.

• Helpful 1

7 hours ago, mlatour said:

I too used to do this but was told the plastic screws are actually a safety feature,

intended to shear off in the event the visor impacts something rather than the force be transmitted to your head and neck.

Long time dealership clerk/friend mentioned a snowmobiler he knew unfortunately experienced this theory last season which resulted in neck injuries.

Thats the marketing line and im sure there is some truth to it.  Ill live dangerously and deal with a reliable screw. 

Used helmets are worn and padding are very thin. They carry the previous person bacteria which might make you have a reaction. A new entry level helmet will have un used padding and is supplied with extra material so you can form to your liking. The problem with entry level, a good hit is all it's worth then you would have to purchase another, which is in any level helmet. Remember there is no helmet testing that show proof what the helmet is capable of withstanding, kinda like leatt neck brace.