MCRIPPPer

what fun slow speed balancing exercises do you do?

do you guys practice slow speed balance exercises? where i ride that's usually all i do because otherwise im just riding in circles. I work on full lock turns as slow as possible, wheelies as slow as possible with as little throttle as possible, stoppies (still learning), riding up and down steep hills as slow as possible and stopping then restarting on the hills. my newest thing im trying to learn is to ride up to a berm and roll backwards a few feet and then take off without touching the ground. (ITS HARD but super awesome when it works) basically a 3 pint turn on a bike. 

post up your weird exercises you do. post vids. i may take some vids so everyone can tear it apart :lol: 

do you guys practice slow speed balance exercises? where i ride that's usually all i do because otherwise im just riding in circles. I work on full lock turns as slow as possible, wheelies as slow as possible with as little throttle as possible, stoppies (still learning), riding up and down steep hills as slow as possible and stopping then restarting on the hills. my newest thing im trying to learn is to ride up to a berm and roll backwards a few feet and then take off without touching the ground. (ITS HARD but super awesome when it works) basically a 3 pint turn on a bike. 

post up your weird exercises you do. post vids. i may take some vids so everyone can tear it apart :lol: 

In loose dirt, lock the front tire and then try to get going (and keep going). Great balance and clutch control skill builder.

I like going through washes, lots of tight turns around cacti and bushes. Also enjoy jumping off the steep sides of washes

It only sucks when you stall out and there's is only a foot of flat space in the wash and each wheel is on either side of the wash

Edited by Dane Richardson

Static balance in my garage when in between rides. I bring a tablet out there with me and watch some netflix and just practice static balance. 

I made a frame to help with this as concrete floor is hard to balance on for a beginner, the frame is just 1x4 strapping in a square that the front tire seats in to give a bit of stability.