Bike stolen =-(

Had a twenty something homeless guy ask me for money in South Station in Boston recently. I reached in my pocket and pulled out all I had, two quarters. Said here you go bud thats all I got. He said are you F'ing kidding me! Fifty cent. What the hell am I supposed to do with that. And threw the quarters on the ground while walking away....

As far as the city thing.. I grew up in the city. We had our apartment robbed on Christmas day when I was seven years old. They took all of our presents as well as anything else of value. We were at breakfast at my grandmothers. I remember my sister crying and crying because they smashed her piggy bank and stole the money she was saving for a new bike or something. Nothing is surprising to me. 

I was up on the top floor which is the roof of my complex throwing a tennis ball with my new pup and I started hearing faint 4 stroke grunts. I listened closely and acquired a general direction of the grunts. Me and pup loaded up and started in the direction which sounded like west of Northside Dr., exactly like you said.  I live near Tech which is very close to Northside drive but never been over on the west side of it. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me by wanting to hear something or what but the faint grunts seemed to be inconsistent in direction. I ended up in a huuge train unloading place with lots of yards full of dirt as far as I could see. I was thinking this would be the perfect place to ride stolen bikes. Cops can't chase you with all the train tracks and wide open elevation changing surfaces. I saw a green bike of some sort in the far distance on private train yard property but couldn't hear it. I rode around more until pup slipped his collar and almost jumped out my open window. When I was driving back home I was thinking about how great it would be to get it back in one piece and not be totally janked but I would even compromise with just getting it back in a box of parts. I think it's the principle that has me feeling like I can't let it go. I mean yea, insurance will pay and of course, I will get another one. It's not really the money but personal. Yea there are better faster ones but this one is my time, my energy. It's me and not just a motorcycle and this random person thinks he can just take it from me with no regard.  I cycled through what seemed like forever of watching a gate go up and down, up and down, up and down. Then,  I saw my bike. When I saw him on it for the first time on the footage, I couldn't even talk. I felt a surge of energy and all I wanted to do was stare at him. The worst part was I was getting angry because he wouldn't look back at me.   I couldn't even go to sleep I was so wired and spent the night on Solidworks building a booby trap for the next bike. Sounds crazy to me now. O and I also found out it is illegal?? Wut  

Facebook... interesting... I thought that was a platform for more gossipy, show-and-tell, fake-and-tell, real-and-hide type stuff.

Wait-a-minute......Facebook.........beneficial........  

Edited by Repp

10 hours ago, Repp said:

I just want to rant.

I am sad to say my 2006 450 EXC was stolen from my Atlanta apartment complex Thursday at 6:09 PM. RIP. The bike was behind a locked gate without the key in the ignition and sitting in front of a highly trafficked doorway to my apartment hallway. The guy found my ignition switch, hot-wired it, and took off in only 7 minutes. I was pissed beyond words yesterday but now just sad and bitter. I am 33 years old and have never had anything stolen from me in my life until I came to this shit hole city Atlanta Ga. In just the last 4 months I have had my Lincoln 255 MIG welder stolen from my locked enclosed trailer, my Trek bike stolen from the bike rack ( locked with 10mm cable) 50 feet away from my classroom door, and now my motorcycle parked behind a locked gate only accessible by residence in my unit in BROAD DAYLIGHT! Holy $%^&. I would give anything to catch one of these bottom feeding leeches of society in the act because I can promise,  one of us is going to die. 1 more semester in this hell hole and after I graduate, I am NEVER driving, flying, stepping, saying the word Atlanta, or even looking in the general direction of this city again. I wouldn't take a job here if they paid me $300,000 a year to do whatever I want. It's not worth it.

When I came here 2 years ago I was just a regular happy Joe-blow from a farm. I was astounded at the number of homeless, mentally ill, and just overall poverty I see here on a daily basis. I would eat somewhere and just buy an extra burger to give to someone on my way to school when they ask me for money. I even volunteered and helped my roommate with his fraternity feeding the homeless every other Saturday. I get asked for money at least once a day from these people and I felt terrible that they were living in this condition. I don't care if their situations are self-inflicted or whatever, I just don't like to see desperate people in bad shape and down to only meeting primal needs. I don't believe in giving money to churches or charities. Both frequently abuse the non-profit and tax-exempt system leaving me with doubt if my money ever reaches the cause. And to top it off, they make you feel guilty for not giving. No thx, I will just do it myself one burger, one water at a time. 

After my stuff started getting stolen, I noticed a new found love in just keeping to myself. I quit buying extra food to give away, I quit the Saturday homeless food drives, and pretty much just avoided anyone not related to my school work. Even my driving changed. I quit letting people turn out in front of me, blowing my horn when I think the person in front of me should have gone 14.5 times, give one blinker and cut in a lane if I needed to get over. Horrible!....   Atlanta made me a cold-hearted emo. This is not me, get me out of here! The best thing that can happen to this city is dropping a nuke over it and starting over. 

O and don't forget the Riots. As if traffic was not moving like peanut butter before, people will just stand in the middle of the road and block traffic screaming and chanting what sounds like 5,000 alarm clocks going off while a choir of donkey sing. Try that tactic in Ellaville Ga. and let me know how many 33-12.50  patterns you can collect on your forehead.   

Is it like this in other big cities? I ask because job opportunities are becoming available in other cities and all I can think about is Heeeell naaw. All my life I wondered what it's like beyond the fields and woods. I have now collected sufficient data to say "I came, I saw, who convinced me this was a good idea?"

Ok, I'm done. I feel better

carry on 

Don't let the overly visible aholes ruin your faith in humanity. 

I did graduate school at Gatech. No way I would have lived downtown. Lots of good people in Atlanta. I did grow up in a big city (San Diego), so streetwise and no surprises. 

• Like 1

I moved from Midtown after my Mig welder and bicycle were stolen to this new place for $250 more per month for the sole feature of a gated parking area for my stuff. bahahahahahahahaha  

3 hours ago, Bobatsea said:

Had a twenty something homeless guy ask me for money in South Station in Boston recently. I reached in my pocket and pulled out all I had, two quarters. Said here you go bud thats all I got. He said are you F'ing kidding me! Fifty cent. What the hell am I supposed to do with that. And threw the quarters on the ground while walking away....

As far as the city thing.. I grew up in the city. We had our apartment robbed on Christmas day when I was seven years old. They took all of our presents as well as anything else of value. We were at breakfast at my grandmothers. I remember my sister crying and crying because they smashed her piggy bank and stole the money she was saving for a new bike or something. Nothing is surprising to me. 

Friend of mine was walking inToronto and some homeless vagrant says “spare change”? My friend answered “no thanks, got some” and kept walking lol

Edited by Vsack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I don’t have a Facebook bc I think it is a joke as well. But, i figure it can’t hurt to post and help get it out there. And that train yard is probably a good place to keep an eye on randomly. I can’t remember if it’s a switching yard for the RR or marta. I have seen the thugs riding up and down Northside a few times on dirt bikes. No helmet or anything, likely on stolen bikes. All i can hope for is that the flip over or hit something and bust their head open and bleed out slowly. The trash lives over there and preys on hard working people downtown, in midtown, buckhead, etc. I’m really surprised students and the general public haven’t started shooting these pieces of shit, often. I carried a pistol in my truck as soon as I turned 21 when I was at State. Didn’t give a shit if it was or wasn’t illegal on campus. Carried a knife on me to every class, every day, even when I lived in the dorms. Hopefully whoever took your bike ends up low siding under a truck and becoming a speed bump.

• Like 2

@cjjeepercreeper Which one is SE section?

also to all the gun advice. Don't yal fret. good to go 

3 hours ago, Dane Richardson said:

When ever you drive around looking for your bike bring your gun, when you see the guy that stole it nail him square in the face. No one would miss him

No No No No That's instant lights out game over. Waterboarding is waaaaay more entertaining. 

• Like 3

Don't let the overly visible aholes ruin your faith in humanity. 
I did graduate school at Gatech. No way I would have lived downtown. Lots of good people in Atlanta. I did grow up in a big city (San Diego), so streetwise and no surprises. 

There are a lot of good people in Atlanta. Most of them leave after work or class though.
  • Haha 1

[mention=395162]cjjeepercreeper[/mention] Which one is SE section?

also to all the gun advice. Don't yal fret. good to go 

No No No No That's instant lights out game over. Waterboarding is waaaaay more entertaining. 

If you’re on the app, go to Forums > Categories > Dirt Bike Regional Discussions > Southeast. Idk how to move a posted thread, it may be something only a mod can do.

35 minutes ago, Repp said:

I moved from Midtown after my Mig welder and bicycle were stolen to this new place for $250 more per month for the sole feature of a gated parking area for my stuff. bahahahahahahahaha  

Did you have a rotor lock with alarm on it? Alarm will scare most (not all, but most) thieves off.

• Like 1

I would say he didn’t as the guy rode off on the bike. And while I’d agree that it would have helped, hindsight is 20/20. I’d rather him have had a bead on the guy with a 7mm mag. That way homie wouldn’t be stealing anything anymore, and it would have more of a deterrent effect than an alarm.

• Like 2

[mention=381613]LSHD[/mention] Regretfully, No I didn't. I was initially scared of the rotor lock and driving off with it attached. Yes, yes, yes I should have had more thief deterrence. The next one will be maxed out.  

Maxed out as in “will blow up without appropriate RFID near by”? I’m sure someone smart like a Tech guy could figure that out lol.

you've practically handed the cops everything they need, they should pounce on this for a quick arrest, your not the only one these guys have hit Im sure.

maybe skip the beat cop and go to the detectives, in robbery division

Edited by Spud786
  • Like 1

So what your saying is the APD is no help even though they got a plain as day license tag number? And a great facial mug shot of the bastard thief? These guy's are lower then whale shit! Do not let the grass grow under your feet. Their looking for a fast buck for more drug buy's and they might post it on craigslist or part it out! Time is an essence! Don't waste time looking for the bike riding around in Atlanta. Find the owner of the car, hoping the car isn't hot also! Wow! I hate this for you. Hope all pans out well, keep us posted.

Little advise get you a garden apartment, One that has a rear sliding glass door, with drapes and blinds. Next bike your get that will be it's home. Until you can get the hell out of that trash city! Back in 1972 a friend and I rented a ground floor apartment with a open 2 car garage. He had a 883 Harley I had a 750 Honda. My bike stayed in the kitchen and he bitched until they cut the chain on his Harley and the rest was history. So this shit has been going on for a long time! Right now my bikes stay in my walk out basement with a fenced in area off it. Plus the security system is a 130lb. Rottweiler! Plenty of fire power in the house and a real good field of view! Thieves just piss me off to no great end! The only mercy I would have on a thief is I would call 911 as he lay there with his knee caps blown off. Yes I'd most likely be the one to go to prison! But tuff shit his memory will be longer then my jail time!

• Like 2