Number plate backgrounds

Has anyone had any real success in putting backgrounds on wr or yzf side panels? I have tried two brands and both ended up with creases on the exhaust side ?

Which do you think are best and what technique do you use to fit them?

sidepanels still on the bike ok?

i put mine on the sidepanels without removing the backing, i cut the top 1" off-as you would be looking-horizontally. i also cut two bits of backing paper off the sides looking vertically. i then put them back on.

pull the top strip off & stick it on. with a friend or two pull (stretch) the sides out (whilst you roll the backing down the middle) & out the way at the same time you can be sliding the two side strips out the way.

use your thumb to rub across & down like washing your kitchen window & if it isn't working out roll it up a bit & try again.

finally if you know it's going to go crinkly at the bottom use a blade & slash into the sticker along the ridge of the crinkle.

try not to let the two sticky faces bond together. it can be done. you'll end up with light slash marks in your sidepanel-if you ever get to see them again that is!

rub one flap down first & let the other overlap & sit on top. it'll look neat.

Taffy

Cheers Taffy, which brand have you had most success with?

BTW, are you off to the Manx GP this year? I was talking to my mate who lives in the IOM last evening and he says that the Rally at the start of August has already been cancelled due to F&M, looks as though the GP may go the same way. I have missed out on the TT this year but may go over for the rememberance day run out that they organise over there, it's a full day's riding with all gates etc open to allow you to get on

scooby ?

Originally posted by scoobydoo:

Has anyone had any real success in putting backgrounds on wr or yzf side panels? I have tried two brands and both ended up with creases on the exhaust side ?

Which do you think are best and what technique do you use to fit them?

Scooby, When ever I had to put any stickers on my bikes I put them in warm soapy water first. ( I know it sounds stupid but try it on a small sticker first if you don't believe me) Then stick it on your bike. the soapy water gives it "slip" so you can position it . then with a cloth wipe from the center out to get rid of air bubbles. will stick fully in about minutes.

good luck. :D