TheVolta

2019 Honda CRF450L Build

[mention=435819]miller388[/mention] weight and I also do not need the stiffness of the rear frame for the type of riding I do. 

Have you kept up with how much total weight you have shed from the bike? I’m curious if this bike could be brought down to the mid 270’s range with all the extra stuff removed. I understand the silencer itself weighs over 13 pounds.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:15 PM, miller388 said:

Have you kept up with how much total weight you have shed from the bike? I’m curious if this bike could be brought down to the mid 270’s range with all the extra stuff removed. I understand the silencer itself weighs over 13 pounds.

No I haven't, I guess throwing it on a scale would be helpful. 

8 minutes ago, Mars NEPA 450x said:

Question ????

What IMS tank is that ,and is it a 3.2 gal ?

And did you have to use R rad shrouds ?

Thank You

M

The @IMS Products tank for the 2019+ Honda CRF450L is 3.0 gallons and uses the L shrouds.

https://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?ManufacturerSet=Honda&maD=true&ModelSet=CRF450L&modD=true&yeD=true&siD=true&TypeSet=Fuel Tank&SeriesSet=&sed=true&tyd=true

Installation:

Thanks, the reason I ask is I see all the IMS tanks for L have long wings that extend beyond the shrouds.

And the Natural colored ims tank in above pic seems to have shorter but thicker wings that don't extend like the one in the IMS link you sent me,

Hope you understand my mars English,lol

Thanks Brian

jt 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, foggy3061 said:

Yep, looks like the IMS 2.4 gallon crf450r (2017-2020) tank with oem crf450r rad shrouds. 👍

Yup, its the R tank with the R rad shrouds. I like it because of the skinnier profile in the front and not as wide on the sides as the larger IMS tank for the L/X. 

Edited by TheVolta
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheVolta said:

Yup, its the R tank with the R rad shrouds. I like it because of the skinnier profile in the front and not as wide on the sides as the larger IMS tank for the L/X. 

Good choice, looks great. 👍

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 7:53 AM, TheVolta said:

Did you use an R fuel pump? Or is the bolt pattern the same?

I like how you switched to the X shell and light. I think it looks way better than the stock L. Was everything the same? Just pop off the L shell and unplug the light and the X stuff lines right up?

5 hours ago, Doug. said:

Did you use an R fuel pump? Or is the bolt pattern the same?

I like how you switched to the X shell and light. I think it looks way better than the stock L. Was everything the same? Just pop off the L shell and unplug the light and the X stuff lines right up?

No, I used my stock L fuel pump, it has the same bolt pattern as the R. The RX is the one that doesn't match.

For the light, I bought the shell and the side metal mounts. Baja designs can offer the light so it just plugs right in and turns on when you turn the key on, I am going to purchase a separate switch so I can operate it independently. 

I wired my plug manually because I wanted to do something custom, you can buy the plug from http://www.cycleterminal.com/hx-series.html. Its a 3 pin HX40 connector. I just don't remember if its a top rib or bottom but I can look.

image.png.820a816fe6fab06d4dd5c8ee265159f9.png